Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Do mainlanders still do "Newfy" jokes Monty? At one time the were on a par with English/Irish ones.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:27 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
As I have mentioned elsewhere, it was a Greenland iceberg near Newfoundland
Yeah, yeah, yeah ;) Newfoundland = Canadian, and if a ball turns up in my garden, it's mine!
Not in 1912.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:35 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Do mainlanders still do "Newfy" jokes Monty? At one time the were on a par with English/Irish ones.
Yes they do TD similar to Polish jokes or, I suppose, Irish jokes if the Irish are a bit dense.

E.G.
Canada's worst air disaster occurred today when a small two-seater Cessna plane crashed into a cemetery early this afternoon in central Newfoundland.

Newfie search and rescue workers have recovered 826 bodies so far and expect that number to climb as digging continues into the evening.

or

Sent on a golf tour in Newfoundland, Tiger Woods drives his new Ford Fusion into a gas station in a remote part of the countryside. The pump attendant, obviously knows nothing about golf, greets him in a typical Newfoundlander manner completely unaware of who the golfing pro is.

"Top of the mornin' to yer, sir" says the attendant.

Tiger nods a quick "hello" and bends forward to pick up the nozzle. As he does so, two tees fall out of his shirt pocket onto the ground.

"What are dose?" Asks the attendant.

"They're called tees," replies Tiger.

"Well, what on god's earth are dey for?" inquires the attendant.

"They're for resting my balls on when I'm driving", says Tiger.

"Lardthunderin!", says the Newfoundlander, "Ford tinks of everyting!"

or

An airliner is coming into land at an airport obscured by fog. Visibility is practically nil, the ILS system is on the blink, so the newfie pilot has to land on wits alone.

"Flaps, check," he says to the co-pilot, "Landing Gear, check. Altitude, check. Right, we're going in. Hold on."

The plane lands and comes to a screeching, grinding halt; just short of the edge of the runway. "Holy Cow!" exclaims the pilot, "This must be the shortest runway I've ever landed on!"

The newfie co-pilot looks left and right and says "Yeah, and about the widest, too ..."

This may be in the wrong thread. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:57 pm

i'm neither angry or happy about having two interviews tomorrow. Bricking it.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Verbal wrote:i'm neither angry or happy about having two interviews tomorrow. Bricking it.
Good luck with them, mate. You'll be reet ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Verbal wrote:i'm neither angry or happy about having two interviews tomorrow. Bricking it.
You can only prepare, ensure you know your stuff & do your best.

As, regrettably, interviews aren't contact sports you can do nought about the competition.

So, be as relaxed as you're able to be & if you find yourself going off track simply say so. The interviewers have 'been there' too..
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Pigeons. Never liked them but one in particular resisted all the wife's efforts to shoo it off. She called me out this morning as she was standing just a couple of feet away from it. Curious, I walked over and we discovered the poor fxcker had only one eye and couldn't see us. We left it alone.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Coo-l Tango. Coo-l.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:44 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
You can only prepare, ensure you know your stuff & do your best.

As, regrettably, interviews aren't contact sports you can do nought about the competition.

So, be as relaxed as you're able to be & if you find yourself going off track simply say so. The interviewers have 'been there' too..
Cheers, chaps. They were hit and miss.

First one went quite ok I thought. Second one, well...dunno. The interviewer was very good at putting you on the spot and he done me like a kipper sometimes. Did my best, but I'll be surprised if I get an invite back. Shame, as he was the kind of person you really want to work for.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 am

Not angry or happy but amused by the new kid in reception at work who goes by the name of 'Bowie' (yes, after David...) What are some parents thinking?!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:24 am

Gooner Girl wrote:Not angry or happy but amused by the new kid in reception at work who goes by the name of 'Bowie' (yes, after David...) What are some parents thinking?!
I know, ridiculous....some parents "force" their kids to be Arsenal fans :wink:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:44 am

Madeleine McCann still being 'spotted' even though nobody knows what she looks like now? :conf:

Worst of all this latest sighting is in the little spanish town we're going to in around 3 months !

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 am

Gooner Girl wrote:Not angry or happy but amused by the new kid in reception at work who goes by the name of 'Bowie' (yes, after David...) What are some parents thinking?!
Given that he's actually called David Jones just adds to it :lol:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Given that he's actually called David Jones just adds to it :lol:
... &
Called his own son Zowie, who has subsequently altered it himself to (I think) Andrew.

Parents are the biggest influence on your life. Over & above genetics they also affect your way of being. If a parent has no more wit than to call you something fckg bizarre then they WILL fck you up & the authorities should remove the child before any further damage can be done.

... & I've not even touched on what should happen to the parents !!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:45 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Madeleine McCann still being 'spotted' even though nobody knows what she looks like now? :conf:

Worst of all this latest sighting is in the little spanish town we're going to in around 3 months !
Y'off to your Grandad's? Ask him if he's seen her and to put a poster up in his window ;)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Not ahead for the kids sake, that's for sure. Not to worry though, he'll be quite at home amongst the Harper 7's and Chelsea's and all. :wink:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Madeleine McCann still being 'spotted' even though nobody knows what she looks like now? :conf:

Y'off to your Grandad's? Ask him if he's seen her and to put a poster up in his window ;)
:) We're not staying with him but we'll take him on a tapas bar crawl no doubt !

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Tomorrow I start my final placement after 5 years as a student. 7 weeks of A&E lie between here and graduation. Scary times

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Good luck there Jimbo and well done.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:57 am

Jolly times, jimbo, all the best. I'll lay odds on you'll be somewhat tired at the end of the spell.

As a matter of personal interest: Why do doctors and nurses seem to be required to do a stint in A & E when they are effectively (no offence meant here) educated learners being tossed into what must be a very stressful situation? The only reason for the question is that once upon I time I worked for a financial organisation which took on regularly university graduates for a period - paid of course - and then threw them to the wolves by allotting them to one of the 'front line' jobs. Existing staff then had to become mother hen type trainers. Most, if not all, of this crew were accredited with business credentials of one kind or another but, in my opinion, 80% of them were totally and utterly useless. I'm sure that medical professionals are more rigorously trained than the motley mob with which I was lumbered (and probably more intelligent as well) but A & E? Talk about a baptism of fire!