Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Prufrock » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:17 pm

I wouldn't expect you to say anything else, you Ruby Chinaman!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:17 pm
I wouldn't expect you to say anything else, you Ruby Chinaman!
When I lived in Japan I was almost unanimously (amongst friends and strangers) referred to as Gaijin. Now, although not as strong a reference as the Chinese translation which comes out as Foreign Devil, the seemingly innocous translation 'outside person' doesn't quite do justice to the venom behind the sentiment. But, however, nobody really complains about it.
Yet the Saami (Lapps), Inuit (Eskimo), Sioux (Dakota), etc get their knickers in a twist over any fxcking designation despite the fact no disrespect is intended. When I talk about Eskimo igloos I don't even put a thousandth of the sneer that a Japanese puts into 'Gaijin'. Yet more victimhood, that's what we need, let's all get offended about nothing, gunga din!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:53 am

Nobody is going to arrest you for saying words and phrases that have become socially generally not acceptable. But you know, there is a reason they are no longer acceptable in general.
Well, you might get arrested in Canada - we do have laws against hate speech, which includes using racist terminology.

Red Indian has been passé for many years (even sports teams have changed their logos). However, first generation American does not mean the same thing at all. It means an immigrant born elsewhere. I am a first generation Canadian. Indigenous peoples are sometimes called First Nations, but not first generations. They were called Indians because Columbus thought he'd got somewhere else. We don't use eskimo any more, though a harmless enough term - why? Because those so designated prefer to be called Inuits. First nations don't like being called Red Indians - that's who said so in this case.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:41 pm

I think the contention here Monty, ( at least for me) is that in the majoritry of life's isssues, most people with a degree of common sense have always been able to judge for themselves how to behave without the need to be to guided by the issue mongers of society who at this moment in time are still a minority rather than a majority. How it will all be in twenty years though, I worry about ,as anyone with kids and grandkids probably would agree. I sincerely hope that "Logan's Run" will only ever be a far-fetched fantasy story..... :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:33 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:41 pm
I think the contention here Monty, ( at least for me) is that in the majoritry of life's isssues, most people with a degree of common sense have always been able to judge for themselves how to behave without the need to be to guided by the issue mongers of society who at this moment in time are still a minority rather than a majority. How it will all be in twenty years though, I worry about ,as anyone with kids and grandkids probably would agree. I sincerely hope that "Logan's Run" will only ever be a far-fetched fantasy story..... :|
Christ man, it's 2018 :roll:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:07 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:33 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:41 pm
Ah, shxt, they've banned humour....no one told me.... :shock:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:52 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:55 pm
First nations don't like being called Red Indians - that's who said so in this case.
Then pop down to the wigwam, Kemosabe, and tell them that Paleface here called them a bunch of 4ucking snowflakes.

:)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:50 pm

^ My favourite post of the year so far :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:52 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
First nations don't like being called Red Indians - that's who said so in this case.
Then pop down to the wigwam, Kemosabe, and tell them that Paleface here called them a bunch of 4ucking snowflakes.

I'll accept the penance for having a good laugh at that... :lol:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Er...you asked a question... and I answered it. However, I have a lively sense of self-preservation and have no intention whatsoever of conveying your message. They are quite touchy as well as being armed and dangerous. This I sabe.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:44 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:50 pm
^ My favourite post of the year so far :lol:
Plus One. xxx
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:02 pm

Prufrock wrote:

2018, fxckin 2018!!! :hang:
Well, according to the Muslims at work, it's actually 1439. And according to a Jewish friend of mine it is 5778.
How dare you be so ethnocentric! Hate Crime!!!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:02 pm
Prufrock wrote:

2018, fxckin 2018!!! :hang:
Well, according to the Muslims at work, it's actually 1439. And according to a Jewish friend of mine it is 5778.
How dare you be so ethnocentric! Hate Crime!!!
Since Prufrock's dazzling "Sherlock" reply was to me, My misplaced humour apart, I didn't quite relate to what he was on about. Just didn't like to ask. There have been a few other like occasions over times past. May be better not to know. :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:17 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:12 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Er...you asked a question... and I answered it. However, I have a lively sense of self-preservation and have no intention whatsoever of conveying your message. They are quite touchy as well as being armed and dangerous. This I sabe.
No worries, Big Chief Humourbypass.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:17 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Well, I imagine you are aware that at the end of the Peace and Reconciliation dinner '4ucking snowflake' was the precise term George Armstrong Custer referred to Crazy Horse. One cannot be too careful with sensitive people.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:35 pm

Is "ethereal" a suitable substitution for "snowflake" ? Jut wondering.... :wink:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:54 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:30 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Well, I imagine you are aware that at the end of the Peace and Reconciliation dinner '4ucking snowflake' was the precise term George Armstrong Custer referred to Crazy Horse. One cannot be too careful with sensitive people.
Never even met the fella.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:56 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:54 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

:lol:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:07 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:54 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

:lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:49 pm

With the increasing claptrap and bullshit emanating from the PC Liberals and the ethnic police surrounding the charge that whites impersonate ethnics (as in the mysterious chinaman in Dr Strange played by a white woman), why is nobody complaining about Jennifer Lawrence (complete with atrocious accent) playing a Russian?
Are there not enough white Russian women around who can act? Coz she can't.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください