Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:42 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Racing has for a very long time had a dress code in the hospitality areas. A very long time, bobo.

Admittedly, it may be a very looooong time since you had a day out there...
but it's way past the hospitality areas now.

... & I'll have you know I'm rarely found without a tie and waistcoat.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:28 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Racing has for a very long time had a dress code in the hospitality areas. A very long time, bobo.

Lewis Hamilton tried to get in the Royal Box at Wimbledon with a loud shirt and no jacket or tie. He had an invitation but failed the dress code so got kicked out. One must dress for the occasion...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:17 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Lewis Hamilton tried to get in the Royal Box at Wimbledon with a loud shirt and no jacket or tie. He had an invitation but failed the dress code so got kicked out. One must dress for the occasion...
And rightly so, the scruffy c*nt.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Don't want to alarm you TD, but I think Len Goodman is retiring shortly! :wink:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:24 pm

I'm both happy, for typically perverse reasons, and angry.

Son #2 began a Finance Traineeship and an MSc. 2 years ago. His first work base was in Cardiff Bay and so the degree based from the University of South Wales.

Then I saw this headline today. But it turns out to be wrong. He moved with work to that London and continued at the London college of USW.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-33680352" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It turns out he is the ONLY ever registered student at this college. Possibly the most expensive student ever ... £750k for a post-grad part-time degree. I'm so proud. I feel this needs recognising and commemorating. I'm going to have t-shirts made.

Initially you'd find this story hard to believe .... but then you think, "public money", "ambition before reality", "Wales" and suddenly you believe it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:58 am

you know its gonna be a long day when you've done your butties in before 9am

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:06 am

General Mannerheim wrote:you know its gonna be a normal day when you've done your butties in before 9am
Just fixed that for you, Chief. I'm currently facing an out-of-yogurt crisis too!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:28 am

Rumours now circulating that Camila Batman used charity resources to pay the public school fees of her chauffeur. Yes, you read that right. She had a chauffeur on £40k per year allegedly. This one is going to run and cause a lot of red faces once the auditors get in.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:31 am

Bijou Bob wrote:Rumours now circulating that Camila Batman used charity resources to pay the public school fees of her chauffeur. Yes, you read that right. She had a chauffeur on £40k per year allegedly. This one is going to run and cause a lot of red faces once the auditors get in.
Albanian chauffeur at that .... so a work permit query to boot.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:17 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Rumours now circulating that Camila Batman used charity resources to pay the public school fees of her chauffeur. Yes, you read that right. She had a chauffeur on £40k per year allegedly. This one is going to run and cause a lot of red faces once the auditors get in.
Albanian chauffeur at that .... so a work permit query to boot.
Like they ever find owt! :wink:

(Sounds like the control environment was pretty much non-existent by the sounds of it. Seems odd that the government would chuck money at an organisation before checking this shit out first)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:00 pm

Legal Types:

A colleague of mine has just returned from France. His family took two cars. One was towing a caravan (I know, I've told him he's a shed dragging waste of oxygen) and his wife towing their boat (a small-ish dingy).

They cleared French and British Customs and boarded their ferry. As they got near home yesterday (Midlands) they stooped their car to get the garage open.

Suddenly 5 Vietnamese (it later transpires) immigrants jumped out and legged it. My colleague called the police and a search was launched. All 5 were captured and detained. The police think they must have hopped off a lorry and into his boat when the cardeck was cleared prior to sailing.

My friend has subsequently been told he will be interviewed and possibly prosecuted. Is this the case or are they blowing smoke?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Legal Types:

A colleague of mine has just returned from France. His family took two cars. One was towing a caravan (I know, I've told him he's a shed dragging waste of oxygen) and his wife towing their boat (a small-ish dingy).

They cleared French and British Customs and boarded their ferry. As they got near home yesterday (Midlands) they stooped their car to get the garage open.

Suddenly 5 Vietnamese (it later transpires) immigrants jumped out and legged it. My colleague called the police and a search was launched. All 5 were captured and detained. The police think they must have hopped off a lorry and into his boat when the cardeck was cleared prior to sailing.

My friend has subsequently been told he will be interviewed and possibly prosecuted. Is this the case or are they blowing smoke?
In theory you are responsible for what you bring into the country. So that would be correct.

Whether, when they take stock there's felt to be any legal benefit will remain to be seen.

Vietnam now. When did that become a dangerous place where migrants need to leave ? .... post 1973, of course.

... & with a French Empire background what would be wrong with stopping once they got to France for them ?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:31 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

In theory you are responsible for what you bring into the country. So that would be correct.

Whether, when they take stock there's felt to be any legal benefit will remain to be seen.

Vietnam now. When did that become a dangerous place where migrants need to leave ? .... post 1973, of course.

... & with a French Empire background what would be wrong with stopping once they got to France for them ?

Not a clue.

Anyway, would he have an argument to say he can't be responsible for his vehicle if he is legally required to leave it (post- Zeebrugge) during the ferry journey?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:40 pm

Must be easier to grow cannabis here than in France.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:44 pm

jaffka wrote:Must be easier to grow cannabis here than in France.

Lost me. :conf:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:57 pm

I will of course bow to Crayons and or Prufrock on this but I would say no mens rea equals no case.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:01 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:

I will of course bow to Crayons and or Prufrock on this but I would say no mens rea equals no case.

And yet lorry drivers, despite their best actions, are being prosecuted at a cost of £2,000 per person (illegaly) found in their vehicles.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:08 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

And yet lorry drivers, despite their best actions, are being prosecuted at a cost of £2,000 per person (illegaly) found in their vehicles.
Professional truck drivers presumably have many responsibilities for care and caution more than the average tourist. They know or should know the risks. I doubt you friend could be found guilty even if prosecuted. Still, better ask a local lawyer...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:30 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Professional truck drivers presumably have many responsibilities for care and caution more than the average tourist. They know or should know the risks. I doubt you friend could be found guilty even if prosecuted. Still, better ask a local lawyer...

He has. I also have a friend who's a retired DCI from the Met. Police who now consults on human trafficking. Be interesting to hear his perspective.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:I also have a friend who's a retired DCI from the Met. Police who now consults on human trafficking. Be interesting to hear his perspective.
Drag him in a cell and knock feck out of him? ;)
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.