Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:03 am

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:58 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:56 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:48 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Imagine having a government so awful that they have to be shamed into not letting kids go hungry. Its truly abysmal times.
Disgusting, yes, but that's been happening forever. We didn't have school meals because our parents couldn't afford them. What were our alternatives when your dad was a labourer and you mother worked in the mill, a meat and potato pie cut in three and a slice of bread? There were none.My dad was at Trafford Park lunching off a Spam or Salmon paste sandwich meanwhile. Life didn't start in 2000.
We're in 2020 - the PM is spending almost a million quid to redecorate his plane Austin Powers style. And the housing secretary just managed to do a dodgy deal to save a Tory donor £50M. As Pru says the cost for free school meals continuing over the summer was chickenfeed in reality. It was a non argument when the government are happy to bail out certain businesses at a far greater cost.

We need to get our priorities straight - sadly I can see precious little sign of that happening.
Yep, like looking after our own first before spending billions on overseas aid you mean?
They’d be money for both if the government didn’t have their priorities so screwed.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:35 am

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:58 am

Yep, like looking after our own first before spending billions on overseas aid you mean?
Yeah, home first always, Hobes..a bit like North Korea or one of those happy, prosperous, organised countries, for example. Get your own house in order first hey? Others will surely follow....won't they? Meanwhile....Is Anus Horribilis actually ending on the home front ? We can but hope it is. Say your prayers brother, it's a start.
ae:)

:wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:24 am

Today I'm totally indifferent to me being off for the next 10 days.
My employers don't usually allow us to carry unused holidays over; however, due to so few of us taking up our entire allocations last year the rule's been bent slightly on the proviso that days off from last year are used by the end of March (they've allowed me a tiny tweak).
Anyway, once the gardens are done that's me with bugger all to do other than for walking my brother's dog.
All suggestions gratefully received.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:44 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:24 am
Today I'm totally indifferent to me being off for the next 10 days.
My employers don't usually allow us to carry unused holidays over; however, due to so few of us taking up our entire allocations last year the rule's been bent slightly on the proviso that days off from last year are used by the end of March (they've allowed me a tiny tweak).
Anyway, once the gardens are done that's me with bugger all to do other than for walking my brother's dog.
All suggestions gratefully received.
Get a dog of your own?! Are you working from home lots now?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:49 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:44 am

Actually seriously toying with that idea. Though I've been working from home for the past year that will start to change slightly sometime soon, and some travel will resume. So, this is the issue; is it fair to keep a dog that ultimately splits its time between two houses?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:56 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:49 am
Gooner Girl wrote:

Actually seriously toying with that idea. Though I've been working from home for the past year that will start to change slightly sometime soon, and some travel will resume. So, this is the issue; is it fair to keep a dog that ultimately splits its time between two houses?
I think dogs are fairly adaptable, will you still be working from home some of the time even when this is all over do you think? Deffo look into it! Exciting!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:06 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:56 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I think dogs are fairly adaptable, will you still be working from home some of the time even when this is all over do you think? Deffo look into it! Exciting!
Yeah, even when this whole thing settles down I'll still be at home two or three days a week. I'd like a shar pei with big rolls of fat. They do say that dogs mirror their owner :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:11 am

Dogs are very time consuming Bruce (we've had ours for fifteen years) and for a full-time working man need some serious thought. It isn't only work time as you have a social life that means you being out too. Great fun and good company, but you have to consider the dog too. Consult someone in a similar situation to yourself for advice. Just a view.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:16 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:06 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Yeah, even when this whole thing settles down I'll still be at home two or three days a week. I'd like a shar pei with big rolls of fat. They do say that dogs mirror their owner :D

Yeah, you only have to look at BP and his dog to see that’s true.

Tango makes a good point re social life etc too but you do have family around that could take the dog for an evening too sometimes? Harry can advise on local doggy day care if needed. Get a rescue!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:01 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:16 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:06 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Yeah, you only have to look at BP and his dog to see that’s true.

Tango makes a good point re social life etc too but you do have family around that could take the dog for an evening too sometimes? Harry can advise on local doggy day care if needed. Get a rescue!
Cheeky mare! :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:57 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:11 am
Dogs are very time consuming Bruce (we've had ours for fifteen years) and for a full-time working man need some serious thought. It isn't only work time as you have a social life that means you being out too. Great fun and good company, but you have to consider the dog too. Consult someone in a similar situation to yourself for advice. Just a view.
Absolutely right, Tango. Our Morag has a teenage type who, if drawn from clocking up a great high-score on #whateverthefuck on his phone, could actually exercise the dog when neither of us are around. There absolutely is more to getting a dog than simply getting a dog.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:10 pm

^ Too true gents. The flurry of folk buying lockdown dogs and puppy prices of several grand apiece, suggests to me that this time next year , there will be a lot of unwanted pooches ending up in pounds and with all sorts of behavioural issues.

If you've got the time and dedication needed though, theres nothing better.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:11 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:10 pm
^ Too true gents. The flurry of folk buying lockdown dogs and puppy prices of several grand apiece, suggests to me that this time next year , there will be a lot of unwanted pooches ending up in pounds and with all sorts of behavioural issues.

If you've got the time and dedication needed though, theres nothing better.
Two is better then one. Just saying.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:55 pm

My girl rescue pup who’s generally settled in really well went for my older boy today. They were sitting watching me eat, I wasn’t giving either of them anything and she just turned on him :shock: Look at his poor face! :cry: I know it was just one of those things, she is a bit prone to food aggression and they normally get on fine but it’s really upset me!
Attachments
D5AB6743-A212-4B0A-A294-CEA5ACBC7B57.jpeg
D5AB6743-A212-4B0A-A294-CEA5ACBC7B57.jpeg (3.86 MiB) Viewed 15968 times

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:12 pm

Let you into a secret. Big, brave me couldn't go into a pet rescue home. Just from T.V, the look of sheer sadness on the little faces of those left behind just cuts me up. It's almost as if they're saying "please choose me" to visitors, and then they walk past and....

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:04 pm

There has been an algae bloom along the coastline by my house. Very weird to see as the water looks sort of Caribbean. Photo below doesn't do it justice, but here you go anyway :)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:53 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:04 pm
There has been an algae bloom along the coastline by my house. Very weird to see as the water looks sort of Caribbean. Photo below doesn't do it justice, but here you go anyway :)

Looks beautiful AT. I’d love to visit the Scottish islands some day. I imagine it’s just like Balamory! (What’s the story?)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:58 am

I've never watched it so couldn't say! If you want a taste of it the go on the BBC iplayer, go to the Alba channel and find an t Eilean. It's a series about where I live from just before I arrived. Most of the people on it are my customers. It's mainly in gaelic with subtitles but easy to watch. Much of episode 2 is in my village and has a bit more English spoken.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:02 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:58 am
I've never watched it so couldn't say! If you want a taste of it the go on the BBC iplayer, go to the Alba channel and find an t Eilean. It's a series about where I live from just before I arrived. Most of the people on it are my customers. It's mainly in gaelic with subtitles but easy to watch. Much of episode 2 is in my village and has a bit more English spoken.
I’ll have a look, sounds interesting!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:23 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:04 pm

Looks amazing. And I bet when you wake up in the morning you are always contented and the shitshow of the world is merely a minor passing concern. Very very jealous.