Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:29 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:06 pm
Got a job interview with Crawley Town FC next week. 2 free tickets to every home match if I get it. First come, first served next season guys ;)

Do you get 3 free tickets to every home game, if you don’t get it? 😉

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:15 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:29 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:06 pm
Got a job interview with Crawley Town FC next week. 2 free tickets to every home match if I get it. First come, first served next season guys ;)

Do you get 3 free tickets to every home game, if you don’t get it? 😉
:D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:17 pm

Halfway between frustrated and resigned. I have the utmost sympathy with any and all empoyees of the N.H.S; they are under extreme pressure due to many factors. My wife (before she retired) has worked in the nursing industry in several categories including mental health. The problem is way above the workforce control, at organisation and political levels and I really feel they are all doing their best to cope amongst horrendous demands. In short ( decidedly No Shxt Sherlock land) Supply is being utterly swamped by demand...To whit, to cut a saga short:

I had a bad football accident when I was 31 that caused me to never play any physical sport ever again beyond darts etc. I've lived with it all these years, but now, in late life I got absolutely smashed just pre Christmas with what is now diagnosed as "severe arthritis" leaving me in much pain and on sticks to even walking the dog down the street is agony. I've lost well over two stone and life is pretty grim right now. This week I finally managed to attend the hopital for an X-Ray appointment that confirmed the above. Got a text message last night to rung the doctor's surgery to discuss the next move. I rang this morning to book a phone call with the doc (who is a very decent bloke), to be told by the receptionist the next free slot for such (a phone call :shock: ) is 14th of Feb. I'm trying very hard not to be angry because my wife ( who is 75) is also on crutches and wearing a surgical boot after a straight-forward hip operation went wrong and left her with a dropped foot, is also out of the game.

Very fortunately we have a good family, three great daughters, and friends and neighbours who have been absolutely brilliant, but since I remember a time when you could go to the doctors after tea without even an appointments, it all seems to have gone to crackpot-ville (We also had the Royal Infirmary open back then as well as the Hospital.) Do the medical authorities really believe life it as simple and limited to just "accident and emergency only" and the rest is one big raffle? I'm not holding out much hope for any quick solutions. Boris needs to make a start with the medical world.

:oyea: :oyea: COME ON YOU WHITES..... :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:58 pm

My sympathies, Tango. Growing old is not easy.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:40 am

That does sound grim Tango. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery, starting with 3pts today :oyea:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:55 am

Get well soon Tango. Doctors appointment systems are bizarre down here too and have driven me to frustration at times. Glad you have a good support network around you. X

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:55 pm

Hope you can get some relief from.it ASAP Tango. I'd badger them in the mornings for a cancellation. All the best.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:07 pm

Sorry to hear that Tango.
On the flip side I've been in today to have repair on previous side effects from past surgery, am sore, very, also told I have to lead a sedate kind of existence for 6-8 weeks and received fantastic treatment in Bolton Royal today. Well as long as I'm not back in an isolation ward tomorrow like after the previous opp with an infection. Still the food is better than in Manchester Royal where my other half had to bring sarnies so I could eat, treatment there was first class I hasten to add.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:52 am

“Poofter, eh? Little bummer boy. Come across your type before, in the forces. You won’t catch me with my trousers down!” :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:54 pm

A girl news reader in her twenties ranting on about what a legend Harry Gregg was.....?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:54 pm
A girl news reader in her twenties ranting on about what a legend Harry Gregg was.....?
You'd have to be in your 60's to have seen him play - how many 60/70 year old news readers do you think are out there? :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:11 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
I'm too young to have seen Harry Gregg play. Does this discount me from being able to hold the utmost respect for him and for his actions in the aftermath of the Munich air crash? :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:11 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
I'm too young to have seen Harry Gregg play. Does this discount me from being able to hold the utmost respect for him and for his actions in the aftermath of the Munich air crash? :conf:
All depends on whether you rate the opinion of a fifty plus lifetime paying season ticket football supporter who turns out in all weather and supports his team through thick and thin, good and bad and has a lifetime general knowledge of the game, on a par with a young woman who a fortnight ago, would probably have said "Who?" at the mention of Harry Gregg's name. That was my point. You decide... :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:57 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:28 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
All depends on whether you rate the opinion of a fifty plus lifetime paying season ticket football supporter who turns out in all weather and supports his team through thick and thin, good and bad and has a lifetime general knowledge of the game, on a par with a young woman who a fortnight ago, would probably have said "Who?" at the mention of Harry Gregg's name. That was my point. You decide... :wink:
She's as entitled to her opinion as you are. Who says she's referring to what he did as a footballer?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:57 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
She's as entitled to her opinion as you are. Who says she's referring to what he did as a footballer?
More to the point she's literally being paid to say stuff about stuff....imagine if news readers wouldn't talk about news they aren't intimately familiar with...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:57 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Whoever wrote her copy was probably referring to the team mates he saved at Munich as you suggested Bruce. As a keeper Eddie Hopkinson was better. Harry couldn't handle Nat at Wembley! Those were the days.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I'm too young to have seen Harry Gregg play.

I'm not. :(

Does this discount me from being able to hold the utmost respect for him and for his actions in the aftermath of the Munich air crash? :conf:

Certainly not. I fancy the rankle is not so much with respect and admiration, more the "me ol' mate Harry" style of delivery.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:19 pm

No point being angry (I rarely am, just amazed at folk at times) at something unavoidable, more intensely frustrated really. Had some massive problems this last few months, mainly due to arthritis generally and in my knee particularly, a chest infection and thrush. Eventually got an x-ray confirming it as severe, and an appointment to decide if I could have a knee op. This was yesterday and whilst it's now decided it's on the cards,it wont happen till summer. Bad enough, but now it's been announced that elective operations (of choice) which mine is, are being cancelled due to staff shortages from corona virus cases. I can hardly walk right now so I'm just a bit frustrated.

Not a tragedy in the general scheme of things compared to world affairs, but with my wife currently on crutches and with two broken fingers,and having a dog, not the best of times to hear it. Pray and hope are the only options...so, I'll pray and hope. 2020 hasn't been a wonderful year for anyone so far and there are many far, far worse off than me, but well, pray and hope.........oh, and thank God for kind relatives friends and neighbours, God bless them all. :pray:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:27 pm

Tomorrow I'm off for my usual week in the Caribbean sun. Normally, I'd be happy but this corona virus stuff makes one a little nervous about travel. Being nearly as old as Tango I'm in the at risk category, but I've had a good innings. I even saw us win the FA Cup (on tv). :wink:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:10 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:27 pm
Tomorrow I'm off for my usual week in the Caribbean sun. Normally, I'd be happy but this corona virus stuff makes one a little nervous about travel. Being nearly as old as Tango I'm in the at risk category, but I've had a good innings. I even saw us win the FA Cup (on tv). :wink:

You've got cases in Montreal, Monty. You might be better off in the Caribbean.