Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by jimbo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Dujon wrote:Jolly times, jimbo, all the best. I'll lay odds on you'll be somewhat tired at the end of the spell.

As a matter of personal interest: Why do doctors and nurses seem to be required to do a stint in A & E when they are effectively (no offence meant here) educated learners being tossed into what must be a very stressful situation? The only reason for the question is that once upon I time I worked for a financial organisation which took on regularly university graduates for a period - paid of course - and then threw them to the wolves by allotting them to one of the 'front line' jobs. Existing staff then had to become mother hen type trainers. Most, if not all, of this crew were accredited with business credentials of one kind or another but, in my opinion, 80% of them were totally and utterly useless. I'm sure that medical professionals are more rigorously trained than the motley mob with which I was lumbered (and probably more intelligent as well) but A & E? Talk about a baptism of fire!
I'm pretty lucky with it being my very last placement. It's a good chance to get well up to speed with practical stuff and used to working efficiently in a pressured environment. That said, we're still supervised quite a lot and will always have senior support there when we need it. Not sure yet it's a job I'd want in the future, but should be an experience for this 7 weeks.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:51 pm

The first weeks of a new bunch ..... not ever a time to need serious A&E assistance !

Mates who have done it say it is both exciting AND terrifying all at once.

Well done ... & enjoy it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:08 am

Thanks, jimbo, I appreciate your response.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:56 am

I'm not quite sure what to make of this incident (well, I do really.)

A group of kids - the driver was 14 - stole a car from Mt. Druitt (a suburb some 30Km west of Sydney's CBD) and drove it to Kings Cross (which is near enough to the CBD as to make no difference.) Kings Cross is the land of strip clubs, brothels, night clubs, drug dealing and alcohol/drug fuelled violence.

The driver - for reasons of which I'm ignorant - decided to drive down a footpath which was well populated. He caused many people to jump for their lives, struck a woman who was flung aside and then pinned another woman beneath the car. A number of our policemen were at the scene and, to protect the rest of the populace, used their pistols in order to disable the miscreants. This they did to good effect. To me that read as a damned good idea. On hauling the five of them out of the car, two with bullet wounds, the policemen cuffed them around the ears, solidly, in order to attach handcuffs to them.

It turns out that these juvenile criminals happened to be Aborigines. So, instead of the newspapers being full of praise for the actions of the men in blue they are now full of recriminations from the Aboriginal 'elders' who are asking for 'calm'.

Buggered if I know. :conf:

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Had a builder in this week doing a few odd jobs. He was here bright and early this morning to do the soffits.

Took him a cup of tea out to find him stretched out on the concrete drive at the front of the house. I thought 'you lazy git! You've only been working for 20 minutes and you're having a rest.'

Only then did I realize he'd fallen off the ladder and crashed twenty feet onto my drive!

Fully conscious and no head injuries but he's broke his hip and possibly his leg too. Last we heard he was being scanned for back injuries. Th'ambulance was here for ages before they were happy to drive off with him.

So thats me with no builder for months. Garage roof half done, no gutters and a big hole in my kitchen wall.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:35 pm

clapton is god wrote:So thats me with no builder for months. Garage roof half done, no gutters and a big hole in my kitchen wall.
That's terrible .... I'm so sorry for you. Shall we send flowers to you Clapton ? *halo*
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:41 pm

clapton is god wrote:
So thats me with no builder for months. Garage roof half done, no gutters and a big hole in my kitchen wall.
Maybe the builder's family will complete these jobs for you in a bid to banish you of your inconvenience and hey, maybe put a little food on their table? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:03 pm

A few weeks ago, I reported in the "angry" thread at my disappointment of the U14's football team that I coach, drawing our second to last game of the season 1-1, therefore losing us the possibility of winning the league. Today, we played the same team again, in our last match of the season. We beat them 6-0. :conf:
Hope is what keeps us going.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:38 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
clapton is god wrote:So thats me with no builder for months. Garage roof half done, no gutters and a big hole in my kitchen wall.
That's terrible .... I'm so sorry for you. Shall we send flowers to you Clapton ? *halo*
He may need them when he gets sued. :twisted: You will be able to transfer it to the Angry thread then.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:31 am

See if you can find out from him whether he has insurance and check if it covers him for completion of unfinished jobs should he be incapacitated.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Today I'm rather resigned to the fact that another piece of my life story is being dismantled. The Edge Tavern, Astley Bridge - my first ever 'local'. On my 17th Birthday we had to tell them that it was my 19th because I'd already been going in for a year. :drink:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Today I'm rather resigned to the fact that another piece of my life story is being dismantled. The Edge Tavern, Astley Bridge - my first ever 'local'. On my 17th Birthday we had to tell them that it was my 19th because I'd already been going in for a year. :drink:

The village local where Mr GG and i spent most of our courting years is closing today too. We only found out this week. The rent was upped and now the landladies can't afford it and have just lost their buisiness and home. :(

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:46 pm

[quote="Bruce Rioja"]Today I'm rather resigned to the fact that another piece of my life story is being dismantled. The Edge Tavern, Astley Bridge - my first ever 'local'. On my 17th Birthday we had to tell them that it was my 19th because I'd already been going in for a year. :drink:

Been in the Edge years back. So many pubs that were part of earlier life have gone. Couldn't ever imagine places like The Wheatsheaf, Commercial, Railway, Lower Nags Head, shutting down. All long gone now along with tons of locals.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Today I'm rather resigned to the fact that another piece of my life story is being dismantled. The Edge Tavern, Astley Bridge - my first ever 'local'. On my 17th Birthday we had to tell them that it was my 19th because I'd already been going in for a year. :drink:

I had you down as more of a Brierfield/Cheetham Arms sort. :wink:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Lord Kangana wrote: I had you down as more of a Brierfield/Cheetham Arms sort. :wink:
You know me too well :P

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:

I had you down as more of a Brierfield/Cheetham Arms sort. :wink:
You can afford to drink in Brierfields? Went to a reception there a while back and the prices were in fantasy land.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Forgot that the bath was running and it overflowed over the side all over the bathroom floor :oops:

So today i am grateful that Mr GG was out at the pub at the time and need not know that it happened as he never trusts me to run my own baths, always has to check the water level and its one of his more irritating habits. If he found out it would make him even worse....

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Forgot that the bath was running and it overflowed over the side all over the bathroom floor :oops:

So today i am grateful that Mr GG was out at the pub at the time and need not know that it happened as he never trusts me to run my own baths, always has to check the water level and its one of his more irritating habits. If he found out it would make him even worse....
So you post it on the internet????
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Forgot that the bath was running and it overflowed over the side all over the bathroom floor :oops:

Well ... apparently with reason !!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:22 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:

We used to go in there at lunchtimes in the 6th form. Pool, darts, m&p pie in peas, juke-box & the odd pint. Like a grown-up 6th form common room.

What is life coming to ?