Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:08 pm

Much of the time the rest of the world seems, well, a world away. I've never worked so hard in all my life by a long stretch, but I only have to look outside for it all to be worth it :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:04 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:53 pm

Looks beautiful AT. I’d love to visit the Scottish islands some day. I imagine it’s just like Balamory! (What’s the story?)
That's Tobermory on the Isle of Mull. Trust me, that's the only part of the entire Hebridean archipelago that looks like that. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:04 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:

Looks beautiful AT. I’d love to visit the Scottish islands some day. I imagine it’s just like Balamory! (What’s the story?)
That's Tobermory on the Isle of Mull. Trust me, that's the only part of the entire Hebridean archipelago that looks like that. ;)
Didn’t have you down as a Balamory fan Bruce! :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:06 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:13 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

There is a very short row of houses down in Portree harbour with the pastel frontage. Mainly just wet, windy and misty here :D

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:09 am

Should be a ‘today I’m traumatised by’ thread. Walking to school this morning with the kids, my neighbour and her kids. Only a short walk, mostly across the village common but there’s one busy road to cross and today it was far busier then normal as the local big agricultural show was starting with everyone heading to it. Anyway, a tiny little bird hopped across our path on the pavement and started out between a couple of parked cars across the road. I think it was a fledging leaving the nest as it wasn’t flying at all. Anyway, I could see what was going to happen so handed the dogs lead to my son and made out to try and get it, but too late, we all watched and listened in horror as the poor little thing got squashed right by us by a car. Gutted. I know it’s nature, just one in several billion birds, but if I’d just been 30 seconds quicker… :(

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:32 am

God bless you for your humanity G.G. It's much to your credit.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:44 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:32 am
God bless you for your humanity G.G. It's much to your credit.
Cheers Tango. Just feeling a bit gutted I didn’t get to it in time :cry:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:12 pm

Listened is the word. I was sat having a modish cigarette on a Parisian bench when a pigeon got run over about 5 yards away from me. I can still hear it :vomit:

Good on you for trying.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:15 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:12 pm
Listened is the word. I was sat having a modish cigarette on a Parisian bench when a pigeon got run over about 5 yards away from me. I can still hear it :vomit:

Good on you for trying.
Yes, there was a proper ‘crunch’ which left us in no doubt what had happened before the car even went on! Grim! Hopefully won’t scar the kids for life! Girl child is a bit sensitive to things like that. Youngest went off cheerfully saying he was going to tell his teacher. (Lucky her!)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:18 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Well that's me rumbled then :D

It's one of those thing's that's simply synonymous/unavoidable, like Portmeirion and The Prisoner, Gold Hill, Shaftesbury with Hovis, Bolton and whatever it is that they're filming on Le Mans Crescent whilst pretending it to be somewhere else this week :) That sort of thing.

Mull is absolutely gorgeous (though we did fluke the weather) and is somewhere I'm sure you'd absolutely love. Not just Tobermory (which has a fish restaurant whose menu comprises whatever they happened to catch on their little boat that afternoon) but down to Iona and across the island to white sandy beaches and blue water (no, I'm not joshin' ya). No end of walks and places of interest. Perhaps not a place to take the kids though, not until they're a fair bit older anyway.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:31 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:15 pm
Prufrock wrote:

Good on you for trying.
Yes, there was a proper ‘crunch’ which left us in no doubt what had happened before the car even went on! Grim! Hopefully won’t scar the kids for life! Girl child is a bit sensitive to things like that. Youngest went off cheerfully saying he was going to tell his teacher. (Lucky her!)
Walking the dog a couple of years ago, a pigeon ambling along the pavement decided to fly off, straight into the front of an approaching car. I can still hear the thud and see the explosion of feathers. 😬

That reminded me of the first time I called to meet you and the kids. Driving from yours to the M23 a pheasant flew across my path. Tried my best to brake, but again, I can still hear the thud and see the feathers floating up. On the plus side, it didn’t damage my car. 😉

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:59 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:31 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:15 pm
Prufrock wrote:

Good on you for trying.
Walking the dog a couple of years ago, a pigeon ambling along the pavement decided to fly off, straight into the front of an approaching car. I can still hear the thud and see the explosion of feathers. 😬

That reminded me of the first time I called to meet you and the kids. Driving from yours to the M23 a pheasant flew across my path. Tried my best to brake, but again, I can still hear the thud and see the feathers floating up. On the plus side, it didn’t damage my car. 😉
On the major plus side, there are plenty of deer along that road so it could have been worse.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:11 pm

Prufrock wrote:

Good on you for trying.
I'm afraid I'm on something of a bird/car interface roll at the minute. Coming back from my mum's a couple of weeks ago and a splendidly plump-breasted wood pigeon was pecking away at something in the middle of the road as I approached. I was hoping it'd fly off before I reached it, and it didn't, so then I hoped it wouldn't raise its head as I passed over it, and it did. Then, last week in Scotland, same scenario, two albatross-esque gulls pecking at summat or other in the middle of the road - one manged to fly to the side whereas the other had barely left the ground when it hit the front of my car. Feathers everywhere.

I'm consoling myself by working on the theory that I've provided something else in the food chain with nature's equivalent of the TV dinner..... twice ;)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:18 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Well that's me rumbled then :D

It's one of those thing's that's simply synonymous/unavoidable, like Portmeirion and The Prisoner, Gold Hill, Shaftesbury with Hovis, Bolton and whatever it is that they're filming on Le Mans Crescent whilst pretending it to be somewhere else this week :) That sort of thing.

Mull is absolutely gorgeous (though we did fluke the weather) and is somewhere I'm sure you'd absolutely love. Not just Tobermory (which has a fish restaurant whose menu comprises whatever they happened to catch on their little boat that afternoon) but down to Iona and across the island to white sandy beaches and blue water (no, I'm not joshin' ya). No end of walks and places of interest. Perhaps not a place to take the kids though, not until they're a fair bit older anyway.
Aye, I’d like to visit the Scottish highlands and Lake District but I don’t think either are especially child friendly. My parents went to the Scilly Isles the other day, another place I bet is spectacular. One day!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:11 pm
Prufrock wrote:

Good on you for trying.
I'm afraid I'm on something of a bird/car interface roll at the minute. Coming back from my mum's a couple of weeks ago and a splendidly plump-breasted wood pigeon was pecking away at something in the middle of the road as I approached. I was hoping it'd fly off before I reached it, and it didn't, so then I hoped it wouldn't raise its head as I passed over it, and it did. Then, last week in Scotland, same scenario, two albatross-esque gulls pecking at summat or other in the middle of the road - one manged to fly to the side whereas the other had barely left the ground when it hit the front of my car. Feathers everywhere.

I'm consoling myself by working on the theory that I've provided something else in the food chain with nature's equivalent of the TV dinner..... twice ;)
Go veggie for a night and save a chickens life in return :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Good on you for trying.

I have a strong pedigree in the Scottish Open, too. Once, I had feathers stuck in my grille for weeks - they make quite a pop!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:41 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:00 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Good on you for trying.

I have a strong pedigree in the Scottish Open, too. Once, I had feathers stuck in my grille for weeks - they make quite a pop!
Nearly ran over a duck crossing the road in the high street today. Would seem the birds of this village have some kind of death wish…

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:18 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:41 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:00 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Good on you for trying.

Nearly ran over a duck crossing the road in the high street today. Would seem the birds of this village have some kind of death wish…
We have wild rabbits, birds, chickens, sheep and wild cats running amok. Add in single track roads with more pot hole than road...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:45 pm

Not sure whether to be more gutted today about knocking over a massive tin of paint all over the bedroom carpet, the dog being sick on the sofas or that I trod in a poo (human) when in the swimming pool today teaching year 1 at work.

Tomorrow’s another day…

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:04 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:45 pm
Not sure whether to be more gutted today about knocking over a massive tin of paint all over the bedroom carpet, the dog being sick on the sofas or that I trod in a poo (human) when in the swimming pool today teaching year 1 at work.

Tomorrow’s another day…
The "threes" legend strikes again G.G. :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?