Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38103
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:17 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:49 pm
With the increasing claptrap and bullshit emanating from the PC Liberals and the ethnic police surrounding the charge that whites impersonate ethnics (as in the mysterious chinaman in Dr Strange played by a white woman), why is nobody complaining about Jennifer Lawrence (complete with atrocious accent) playing a Russian?
Are there not enough white Russian women around who can act? Coz she can't.
The other night I watched an old version of Last of the Mohicans on Youtube. At least in today's filming we don't get boot-polished actors playing those, indians, or native Americans, or whatever new literary name trap is laid to catch the unwary by the p.c.hordes, even if Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise, Steven Segal and co change nationalities for every heroic role they play.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35512
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:49 pm
Jennifer Lawrence .......
Are there not enough white Russian women around who can act? Coz she can't.
She's very good in Winter's Bone. ae:)
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38103
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:58 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:49 pm
With the increasing claptrap and bullshit emanating from the PC Liberals and the ethnic police surrounding the charge that whites impersonate ethnics (as in the mysterious chinaman in Dr Strange played by a white woman), why is nobody complaining about Jennifer Lawrence (complete with atrocious accent) playing a Russian?
Are there not enough white Russian women around who can act? Coz she can't.
Lawrence of Arabia? :oops:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3902
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Swashbucklin in Brooklyn

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:31 pm



Unbelievable firepower and sort of puts recent arguments into perspective. It's utterly ludicrous that anyone outside of the military can own one of these, but if I'm being completely honest, if i lived in the US I'd buy one tomorrow, because I could. I like guns, I love shooting and frankly, the AR-15 is an incredible piece of kit. You can feel the development that has gone into it when you compare it to the competition. I did ask a bloke living in Montana with the same name as me why he owned one and he replied in all seriousness, that it would protect him and his family if North Korea invaded. I'd like to think I'm a tad more rational than that.
Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12676
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:03 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:31 pm


Unbelievable firepower and sort of puts recent arguments into perspective. It's utterly ludicrous that anyone outside of the military can own one of these, but if I'm being completely honest, if i lived in the US I'd buy one tomorrow, because I could. I like guns, I love shooting and frankly, the AR-15 is an incredible piece of kit. You can feel the development that has gone into it when you compare it to the competition. I did ask a bloke living in Montana with the same name as me why he owned one and he replied in all seriousness, that it would protect him and his family if North Korea invaded. I'd like to think I'm a tad more rational than that.
I guess I'd have to get one to protect myself from Bijou Bob!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Ok, seen it all now. Just answered the door to a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses. While one was going through the usual spiel, the other was intent on her mobile phone watching a video, which sounded to me to be some kind of lecture giving tips on how to persuade 'awkward customers' to buy into the true belief.
Not quite believing my own ears I asked her what she was doing, to which the dominant, non-mobile watching, male interrupted me to bring the doorstepping back onto his preferred course.
I politely asked them both to f*** off and come back at a later date to attempt to brainwash me into their religion once they'd finished brainwashing themselves into overcoming the intricacies of awkward questions surrounding their brainwashing techniques. As Charlie Brown woulda said *Sigh*
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25489
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:58 pm
Ok, seen it all now. Just answered the door to a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses. While one was going through the usual spiel, the other was intent on her mobile phone watching a video, which sounded to me to be some kind of lecture giving tips on how to persuade 'awkward customers' to buy into the true belief.
Not quite believing my own ears I asked her what she was doing, to which the dominant, non-mobile watching, male interrupted me to bring the doorstepping back onto his preferred course.
I politely asked them both to f*** off and come back at a later date to attempt to brainwash me into their religion once they'd finished brainwashing themselves into overcoming the intricacies of awkward questions surrounding their brainwashing techniques. As Charlie Brown woulda said *Sigh*
How I deal with these people.

Knock Knock.

I reluctantly open the door.

"Good evening sir can..."

"Can I just stop you there please. I have no interest in this. Please do not knock on my door again. Ever."

Close door immediately.

Wouldn't get as far as noting what either of them are doing. Should be a crime in my view. Unsolicited knocking on doors for indoctrination purposes that is.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:09 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:58 pm
Ok, seen it all now. Just answered the door to a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses. While one was going through the usual spiel, the other was intent on her mobile phone watching a video, which sounded to me to be some kind of lecture giving tips on how to persuade 'awkward customers' to buy into the true belief.
Not quite believing my own ears I asked her what she was doing, to which the dominant, non-mobile watching, male interrupted me to bring the doorstepping back onto his preferred course.
I politely asked them both to f*** off and come back at a later date to attempt to brainwash me into their religion once they'd finished brainwashing themselves into overcoming the intricacies of awkward questions surrounding their brainwashing techniques. As Charlie Brown woulda said *Sigh*
How I deal with these people.

Knock Knock.

I reluctantly open the door.

"Good evening sir can..."

"Can I just stop you there please. I have no interest in this. Please do not knock on my door again. Ever."

Close door immediately.

Wouldn't get as far as noting what either of them are doing. Should be a crime in my view. Unsolicited knocking on doors for indoctrination purposes that is.
Well actually, from my point of view I quite welcome the irritating f*ckers. I find I enjoy baiting them into talking black is white. I have an entire arsenal of awkward questions starting with why when their stated belief that only 40,000 souls will be let into Heaven after Armageddon, do they try and convert me, given that there are already more than 40,000 of the fxckers already competing to catch the Lord's Eye?

Edit: sorry 144,000, how silly of me.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12593
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Hoboh » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:26 pm

Ethel, get the dog usually works :wink:

Sent from sunny warm Cyprus via dog n bone :D

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:36 pm

^ Feck me, he's alive!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38103
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:47 pm

A bit like Spots I tend to wind up the witnesses. I usually open the door and get the first word in like "Good morning brothers/sisters. Have you prayed yet today? I have, and no I don't go to meetings I just deal direct with head office! You can leave a leflet if you like because there are a lot of heathens live round here; I 'll try to pass it on! "
After that, there's not really much to say. They usually smile weakly and leave.... :wink:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12593
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Hoboh » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:38 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:36 pm
^ Feck me, he's alive!
:D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35512
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:22 am

Now here's a one for you. If a driver runs a dog over, does said driver, by law, have to stop?
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:22 am
Now here's a one for you. If a driver runs a dog over, does said driver, by law, have to stop?
By law, he* has to report it. If he doesn't stop the situation is akin to a minor accident whereby the police can take action if it isn't reported within a 'reasonable' time, and they've been dobbed in.
*(whereby He means he/she/they/it/or whateverotherfuckingpronountheprawnuses)

PS. Why? Have you just run a dog over and failed to stop?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35512
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:13 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:02 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:22 am
Now here's a one for you. If a driver runs a dog over, does said driver, by law, have to stop?
By law, he* has to report it. If he doesn't stop the situation is akin to a minor accident whereby the police can take action if it isn't reported within a 'reasonable' time, and they've been dobbed in.
*(whereby He means he/she/they/it/or whateverotherfuckingpronountheprawnuses)

PS. Why? Have you just run a dog over and failed to stop?
Not I, Spotty. I have in the past knocked two dogs over but stopped on both occasions.

I asked in the light of a Facebook lynch mob forming to go deal with somebody who ran someone's dog over round the corner from here and chose not to stop.

My 'What was your dog doing in the middle of the road?' clearly means that I'm second on their list now. Ha!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12593
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Hoboh » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:13 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:02 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:22 am
Now here's a one for you. If a driver runs a dog over, does said driver, by law, have to stop?
By law, he* has to report it. If he doesn't stop the situation is akin to a minor accident whereby the police can take action if it isn't reported within a 'reasonable' time, and they've been dobbed in.
*(whereby He means he/she/they/it/or whateverotherfuckingpronountheprawnuses)

PS. Why? Have you just run a dog over and failed to stop?
Not I, Spotty. I have in the past knocked two dogs over but stopped on both occasions.

I asked in the light of a Facebook lynch mob forming to go deal with somebody who ran someone's dog over round the corner from here and chose not to stop.

My 'What was your dog doing in the middle of the road?' clearly means that I'm second on their list now. Ha!
Watch out for the hoodie momentum scum with time in between riots Bruce.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:44 am

Got up early this morning to walk the dog as I've got a lot of things to do today.
Thought it was eerily quiet on the canal path at half past five.
It's just dawned on me, it wasn't half past five (well it was, but) it was half past bloody four in the morning.
Now I'm summer-lagged... need my bed already.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35512
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Change.org - Load of old bollocks. Everyday I receive something from some or other busybody with a bee in their bonnet about something or other who's decided to petition the government.

Find me one single example of one of these things having resulted in a successful outcome for the common good - just one.

There's this number by which, if they collect enough online signatures then Parliament has to discuss it. Oh, big 4ucking deal. That's like when your parents used to say to you "we'll see".

Bunch of arse and a waste of time. Stop it at once.
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38103
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:56 pm
Change.org - Load of old bollocks. Everyday I receive something from some or other busybody with a bee in their bonnet about something or other who's decided to petition the government.

Find me one single example of one of these things having resulted in a successful outcome for the common good - just one.

There's this number by which, if they collect enough online signatures then Parliament has to discuss it. Oh, big 4ucking deal. That's like when your parents used to say to you "we'll see".

Bunch of arse and a waste of time. Stop it at once.
Ha, I signed up with a petition a while back to stop the local Palais being demolished. It didn't, but now I get "Save the world" e-mails weekly from said, Change.org etc....
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35512
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:56 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:56 pm
Change.org - Load of old bollocks. Everyday I receive something from some or other busybody with a bee in their bonnet about something or other who's decided to petition the government.

Find me one single example of one of these things having resulted in a successful outcome for the common good - just one.

There's this number by which, if they collect enough online signatures then Parliament has to discuss it. Oh, big 4ucking deal. That's like when your parents used to say to you "we'll see".

Bunch of arse and a waste of time. Stop it at once.
Ha, I signed up with a petition a while back to stop the local Palais being demolished. It didn't, but now I get "Save the world" e-mails weekly from said, Change.org etc....
Same - although I've no idea which noble cause I got behind in the first place :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest