Grand National

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Grand National

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:55 am

Drawn Synchronised in the works sweep. Anyone following this with any level of interest? What are your tips?

First time in years that I haven't had a bet. Can't get into my Betfred account despite requesting a new password. :whack:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Grand National

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:47 am

There's a load of people on here with unwanted 118 accounts. Maybe they can lend you their password ?

Do high-street bookies not let you in since the robbery ?

The class of dates with the semi-final amuses me. There'll be 1,000's of over-tanned, over dressed, over pissed scouse bimbo's tottering around north Scouseland today. Always good for a laugh.

Personally I'd like to see the anti-elitism geezer try standing in front of 30+ horses today & see how that works.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:49 am

bobo the clown wrote:There's a load of people on here with unwanted 118 accounts. Maybe they can lend you their password ?
I couldn't find any horse racing on 188bet before I cancelled :conf:
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:57 am

bobo the clown wrote:There's a load of people on here with unwanted 118 accounts. Maybe they can lend you their password ?

Do high-street bookies not let you in since the robbery ?
I have £40+ in my account since last years race. It was one of those freebet jobs. Thought i'd withdrawn my winnings. Suspect they may have frozen it. Bastards!

May have a trip to the bookies later if temptation gets the better of me. Btw they never did find out it was me what dun it. Damn. Cover blown. :evil:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:58 pm

Had a small flutter on State of Play and Treacle.. Not a student of form, just random fancies.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Managed to get into my account now. Made my selections and had a message saying 'bet failed contact customer services', but they have deducted the cash from my balance. :?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:23 pm

:D
Just been a load of Boton fans chanting Wanderers Wanderers behind James May on the pre-race commentary. Worthy's there on a stag do isn't he?
Businesswoman of the year.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Couple of quid on Ballabriggs. Got it while it sneaked up to 16/1, dropped back to 14/1 now.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:15 pm

I've got Synchronized. Who's just thrown McCoy.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:16 pm

BBC are bumming Ballabriggs.... come on!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Another horse dead at fence 20?

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Bloody hell that was close, comes down to which horse has the biggest nose!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Hell of a race. Favourite threw his jockey off then went down. A lot of fallers, hope neither horses or jockeys seriously hurt. Wife backed the third, Seabass (woman rider) which nearly got there and Shacka lacawhatsit, which was well till the last. Mine? Pulling milk carts next week. :(

Estimated six hundred million people watched the race worldwide. :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Daughter had 2nd, wife had 3rd. Mine? Fecking nowhere.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Another horse dead at fence 20?
Confirmed as Synchronized.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:37 pm

WINNER! I had On His Own near the end until a riderless horse took the poor bugger out (despite me shouting "No, get away! feck!" at the tv).

It was only when the race ended I checked the couple of few bob e/w bets to see that I had Neptune Collognes :D 50 quid up. Not a bad day's work.

Mixed feelings though. Exciting race, my horse won, but there was plenty of carnage in that one. Some heavy falls and at least 2 horses gone. Still think it's one of the closest things we have to gladiatorial sport...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:42 am

CrazyHorse wrote::D
Just been a load of Boton fans chanting Wanderers Wanderers behind James May on the pre-race commentary. Worthy's there on a stag do isn't he?
Not I, I'm afraid.

Walked in, went to beer tent, saw it was 35 deep at the bar and fecking freezing outside, couldn't get an upgrade to anywhere by fair means or foul as it was sold out, walked straight out again and watched it from the safety of the working men's club round the corner. :-)

Fortunately the Club was devoid of orange Scouse bints, unlike the rest of Aintree which was awash with them.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Not into horse racing at all and I seem to remember saying one year (last year?) I wouldn't enter the works sweep again due to a couple of horses dying. All I heard before hand was the course was safer than ever and horses had to qualify but still 2 of the poor creatures had to be euthanised. As a non-fan I'd stop it tomorrow but those of you into it, what do you reckon is the answer - carry on regardless or make it less brutal?

Oh and 600 million viewers? Get to feck as some say on here
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Refuse to get involved in this barbaric event in any way. Apparently, Harry, they've made it safer by levelling the fences on both sides - ergo: a four foot fence doesn't have an eight foot drop. Fat lot of good it's done. Don't know if you've ever seen a race horse close-up, but there really isn't a more magnificent creature on earth
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Refuse to get involved in this barbaric event in any way. Apparently, Harry, they've made it safer by levelling the fences on both sides - ergo: a four foot fence doesn't have an eight foot drop. Fat lot of good it's done. Don't know if you've ever seen a race horse close-up, but there really isn't a more magnificent creature on earth

aye - magnificent beasts... the dilemma is that they would not exist were it not for racing - they are ruthlessly bred and trained to be like that (not to mention the gazillions of horses that are discarded on the way because they are not up to the mark and sent to dog-food inc.)