Summer Holidays

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Summer Holidays

Post by clapton is god » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:53 pm

Ooh! I was stood in the very spot back in April.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Ooof. Just been asked if I fancy going on a golfing holiday to Marbella, next year.

Oh......... go on then. :oyea:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Ooof. Just been asked if I fancy going on a golfing holiday to Marbella, next year.

Oh......... go on then. :oyea:
:oyea: Indeed. Just remember the Spanish for Fore is not cuatro but Fore!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:42 pm

Crete, beach, chill, starting 05.00hrs.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:33 pm

Was anyone partying with Jay Spearing in Ibiza ?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:58 pm

just back from the Algarve. definitely my go to destination in future now. Vale do Lobo is great and beach is phenominal.

Also, as immaterial as it sounds, i love the 2.5hrs flight, the 20min transfer and the lack of time difference - makes it really unstressful!

Monarch can GTF tho. we literally (despite arriving in plenty of time at both ends) had to run straight from check in onto the plane both ways.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:52 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:just back from the Algarve. definitely my go to destination in future now. Vale do Lobo is great and beach is phenominal.

Also, as immaterial as it sounds, i love the 2.5hrs flight, the 20min transfer and the lack of time difference - makes it really unstressful!

Monarch can GTF tho. we literally (despite arriving in plenty of time at both ends) had to run straight from check in onto the plane both ways.
Though, in fact, you didn't HAVE to.

Assuming you're behaving yourself, once you're booked in as a passenger and especially with bags checked in and most certainly once through the ticket gates, their ability to not let you board is fecking miniscule.

It'd take them a damn sight more time to exclude you, re-align the boarding roster and remove your bags than the minute you save them by jogging to the steps.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:04 pm

yeah, i was trying to convey this message when everyone else was panicing - was just gutted i didnt get the standard 5am airport pint. didnt feel right... saved a few quid on Duty Free shite tho i supoose!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:16 pm

Though never try that with Delta Air.

They employ fully paid up coven members in their cabin and handling crews. It would be their absolute delight to hold you at the gate while they unpacked your bags. Missing the flight slot and some then having to go off-shift and create even bigger delays is their greatest pleasure.

Customer service is different with Delta.

My last encounter with them, at Newark, ended up with me squeezing through doors they were being closed as I discussed the fact that they'd given away my business class ticket to some freeloader while I was there and checked in good time. After that. as I walked down the pathway toward the plane door my parting shot of "I don't HAVE to use Delta you know" was greeted with "Good. Then don't bother !"

I don't know if I'm banned as I started using American to Phili after that.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:35 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Though never try that with Delta Air.

They employ fully paid up coven members in their cabin and handling crews.
Sister company = Air France. That'll be all anyone needs to know.

Currently ruining / have ruined KLM into the bargain (previously my favourite airline by a fecking mile). :(

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:42 pm

Finish work at lunchtime tomorrow, then it's Vietnam on Saturday. Starting to get a bit giddy now :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Next amigos outing now decided (four old gits, all wanderers fans, go to interesting cities and do beer, art and food).

This november - Vienna.

Sounds like beer and Klimt and classical music might feature. And the Opera house has 600 (!) standing tickets for sale nightly at 7 Euros.

The programme so far has include Madrid, Bruges, Amsterdam, Porto, Seville, Cordoba - we take it in turn to choose.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:56 pm

William the White wrote:Next amigos outing now decided (four old gits, all wanderers fans, go to interesting cities and do beer, art and food).

This november - Vienna.

Sounds like beer and Klimt and classical music might feature. And the Opera house has 600 (!) standing tickets for sale nightly at 7 Euros.

The programme so far has include Madrid, Bruges, Amsterdam, Porto, Seville, Cordoba - we take it in turn to choose.
Have you ever been there Will ?

It is the most magnificent city. All those Prague lovers have no idea till they see it's big Daddy. They did things BIG in the Austro-Hungarian empire. You'll love it.

Plus, a tip, there are, of course, lots of good food and bars, but DO go to the market area which has restaurants right through the middle. See your food and have it cooked for you. The Klimt gallery is at the bottom end of it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:16 pm

William the White wrote:Next amigos outing now decided (four old gits, all wanderers fans, go to interesting cities and do beer, art and food).

This november - Vienna.

Maybe I'll get invited along one day. Maybe?! :(

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:31 am

bobo the clown wrote:

This november - Vienna.

Have you ever been there Will ?

It is the most magnificent city. All those Prague lovers have no idea till they see it's big Daddy. They did things BIG in the Austro-Hungarian empire. You'll love it.

Plus, a tip, there are, of course, lots of good food and bars, but DO go to the market area which has restaurants right through the middle. See your food and have it cooked for you. The Klimt gallery is at the bottom end of it.
Fabbie... PM me any reccos on anything... :D

PS I'm a Prague lover!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:00 am

Does anyone have any little tips for a few days in Rome, besides the rather obvious stops (Colosseum, Vatican etc.) ?

Off there next week :D
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:19 pm

Id avoid the Colosseum, Vatican etc. They look no different to the postcards.

Maybe spend half a day on an open top bus so you can say you've seen them, then get on with enjoying real Rome.

I would always try to go where the romans go, rather than the tourists.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Got back from Los Boliches on the CDS on Friday. Fvck me it was warm..

Got up to 37 one day.. Between 32-35 the rest of the time. In September!

Lovely chilled out week although I struggled getting my work pants on, on Monday!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:34 pm

boltonboris wrote:Got back from Los Boliches on the CDS on Friday. Fvck me it was warm..

Got up to 37 one day.. Between 32-35 the rest of the time. In September!

Lovely chilled out week although I struggled getting my work pants on, on Monday!
Wimp. 37 is a bit warm. 32 and I worry I might need a jumper that evening.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

This november - Vienna.

Maybe I'll get invited along one day. Maybe?! :(
You're either not old enough or too much of a peasant Bruce :grin:

Back from Portugal and a week in 29 degree sunshine. Only fly in the ointment is that the in laws are trying to sell the villa. Flight from the charming Blackpool airport, shed loads of monkfish, langoustine and piri-piri chicken and 4 beers for less than 4 Euros. The eastern Algarve rocks. :oyea:
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.