creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 859
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:16 am

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by bedwetter2 » Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:38 pm
Could this be a miraculous escape of the magnitude of Bolton v Nott's Forest? 110 for 6 and sinking fast, now 235 for six and Bess and Buttler playing blinders?
I'm afraid some headlines seem to be suggesting that England couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. It's the hope that kills.
Until we have a team with real balls who can stick there all day playing defensively if necessary then we must expect more of the same. Changing the captain for the cricket equivalent of a hard man may help.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38542
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 28, 2018 10:43 am

bedwetter2 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:38 pm
Could this be a miraculous escape of the magnitude of Bolton v Nott's Forest? 110 for 6 and sinking fast, now 235 for six and Bess and Buttler playing blinders?
I'm afraid some headlines seem to be suggesting that England couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. It's the hope that kills.
Until we have a team with real balls who can stick there all day playing defensively if necessary then we must expect more of the same. Changing the captain for the cricket equivalent of a hard man may help.
Can't argue with facts, but Pakistan won't ever be walkovers. Their batting, bowling and fielding was great and..well, ours wasn't.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 859
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:16 am

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by bedwetter2 » Mon May 28, 2018 1:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:43 am
bedwetter2 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:38 pm
Could this be a miraculous escape of the magnitude of Bolton v Nott's Forest? 110 for 6 and sinking fast, now 235 for six and Bess and Buttler playing blinders?
I'm afraid some headlines seem to be suggesting that England couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. It's the hope that kills.
Until we have a team with real balls who can stick there all day playing defensively if necessary then we must expect more of the same. Changing the captain for the cricket equivalent of a hard man may help.
Can't argue with facts, but Pakistan won't ever be walkovers. Their batting, bowling and fielding was great and..well, ours wasn't.

I agree, but neither will India, Australia, New Zealand or sometimes South Africa be walkovers either.

User avatar
Dujon
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3262
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:37 am
Location: Nr. Sydney (Australia)
Contact:

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Dujon » Tue May 29, 2018 12:56 am

Hmm. Australia I believe is sending (or has sent) a team over to contest some sort of ODI series with England. Seemingly through injuries its three top 'strike' bowlers are absent - Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazelwood and Pat Cummins, all of whom are also test match players. Surely, England sitting on top of international ODI rankings should have little, if any, fear of losing that exalted position due to some embarrassing defeats?

When it comes to the upcoming Ashes series things might be different, particularly if Cricket Australia has deemed it wise to ensure that those three are truly fit for a five game test series.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26357
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 29, 2018 8:42 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:43 am
bedwetter2 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:38 pm
Could this be a miraculous escape of the magnitude of Bolton v Nott's Forest? 110 for 6 and sinking fast, now 235 for six and Bess and Buttler playing blinders?
I'm afraid some headlines seem to be suggesting that England couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. It's the hope that kills.
Until we have a team with real balls who can stick there all day playing defensively if necessary then we must expect more of the same. Changing the captain for the cricket equivalent of a hard man may help.
Can't argue with facts, but Pakistan won't ever be walkovers. Their batting, bowling and fielding was great and..well, ours wasn't.
Pakistan aren't great. It is a fact that right now we have a very poor test side.

Ageing greats in Cook, Anderson and to an extent Broad mixed with new players who look out of their depth and one day specialists in Buttler.

Root seems to be struggling under the weight of it all too.

Needs a complete re-think. Need to find a test team.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38542
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:38 pm

Decent start to the second test: Skittled Pakistan out for 174 and are 302-7 in replay. Jimmy and Broad bagged three apiece. Not breaking pots this innings, but everybody adding something. Good chance to level the series.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38542
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:50 pm

Much more like it and good to see Broady and Jimmy answering their critics in the best possible way. More of a team performance than individual greatness, but a good answer to the first test result.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36058
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:27 pm

Currently under pressure from Scotland in the ODI. Yep, you read it correctly.
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38542
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:27 pm
Currently under pressure from Scotland in the ODI. Yep, you read it correctly.
Make that lost by 7 runs. 13th rated team beats the toppers. Och aye....
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38542
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 pm

481-5 against the Oz in the third O.D.I. Beat that cobbers....
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Little Green Man
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4466
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:34 pm
Location: Justin Edinburgh

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:06 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 pm
481-5 against the Oz in the third O.D.I. Beat that cobbers....
Went to see that yesterday. Heaviest Australian ODI defeat ever. Marvellous!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26357
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:10 am

Little Green Man wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:06 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 pm
481-5 against the Oz in the third O.D.I. Beat that cobbers....
Went to see that yesterday. Heaviest Australian ODI defeat ever. Marvellous!
Caught a bit of our innings and we were just lolloping them all over. They looked embarrassed to be there. Bairstow and Hales destroyed them.

User avatar
Little Green Man
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4466
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:34 pm
Location: Justin Edinburgh

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:17 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:10 am
Little Green Man wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:06 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 pm
481-5 against the Oz in the third O.D.I. Beat that cobbers....
Went to see that yesterday. Heaviest Australian ODI defeat ever. Marvellous!
Caught a bit of our innings and we were just lolloping them all over. They looked embarrassed to be there. Bairstow and Hales destroyed them.
The thing is they weren't really slogging. Most of the boundaries were authentic cricket shots. England, especially Moeen, Rashid and Plunkett, also bowled really well and their fielding was outstanding.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26357
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:23 am

Little Green Man wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:17 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:10 am
Little Green Man wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:06 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 pm
481-5 against the Oz in the third O.D.I. Beat that cobbers....
Went to see that yesterday. Heaviest Australian ODI defeat ever. Marvellous!
Caught a bit of our innings and we were just lolloping them all over. They looked embarrassed to be there. Bairstow and Hales destroyed them.
The thing is they weren't really slogging. Most of the boundaries were authentic cricket shots. England, especially Moeen, Rashid and Plunkett, also bowled really well and their fielding was outstanding.
Yeah, proper shots. But still, a complete lolloping.

Wonder what would happen if you rocked up with that side and batted day 1 of a test match like that? I get the fielding and bowling rule changes in the formats but given we spend a day getting to 250 for 8, I'm not sure just going and thumping everything would always be any worse...on flat pitches of course.

nicholaldo
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 747
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Since the start of May:

67, 51, 82, 95*, 94*, 39, 14, 67, 80*, 9, 91*, 11, 54*, and now 110*

Jos Buttler is phenomenal.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38542
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Root gets a ton and England win the one day series against India. 260 for 2 the final figures.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Dujon
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3262
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:37 am
Location: Nr. Sydney (Australia)
Contact:

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Dujon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:45 am

It sounds like a good time was had by all entering O.T. yesterday to spectate the resumed Battle of the Roses. :roll:

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38542
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:32 pm

Dujon wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:45 am
It sounds like a good time was had by all entering O.T. yesterday to spectate the resumed Battle of the Roses. :roll:
Hi Dujon. At stumps for today Lancs need 129 with 4 wickets remaining. Could go either way tomorrow.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Dujon
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3262
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:37 am
Location: Nr. Sydney (Australia)
Contact:

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Dujon » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:30 am

Ever the optimist are you not, TANGO? ;)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20199
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:37 am

We've only got 3 remaining really too as one lad broke his thumb fielding so can't bat.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests