creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:49 pm

A Plunker......magic. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:51 pm

Been impressed with the fielding so far. Good positioning and great attitude and execution. Keep it up...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:45 pm

173-5. Looking better.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:20 pm

Two stupid slashes from Root and out he goes. Kiwis are bowling with great pace on a mainly middle line and restricting any long handle stuff. We need to skate on some.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Looks beyond us now..
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:09 pm

Super over!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:09 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:18 pm
Looks beyond us now..
Did you ever.....

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:18 pm

Think I'd rather have Woakes bowling than Archer here

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:31 pm

Wow, just wow

So harsh on NZ mind you

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:32 pm
What a match......I'd have taken a shared trophy, because N.Z were brilliant, but,,,well, Que Sera.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Ben Stokes for P.M. :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:42 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:31 pm
Wow, just wow

So harsh on NZ mind you
Yes, full of admiration for a fantastic display by them . Cricket won in the end..Great day. :pray:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:56 pm

F*CK. KING. HELL.

Absolute madness. No doubt it was our day. The Boult "catch" for 6 and then off the bat running.

NZ so lovely as well.

Christ. Never going to top that!

Hope Ben has a minder tonight!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:56 pm
F*CK. KING. HELL.

Absolute madness. No doubt it was our day. The Boult "catch" for 6 and then off the bat running.

NZ so lovely as well.

Christ. Never going to top that!

Hope Ben has a minder tonight!

I haven't celebrated a sporting victory like that since Wilbraham's winner against Forest.

The finest of fine margins. Has there ever been a final in sport as tense and as close as that?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:01 pm

Full of admiration also for our lads. When the game looked lost they never gave up and fielded like demons.It was a bowlers and fielders day altogether and a technical triumph for both captains. Wonderful stuff. There'll be some sore heads tomorrow no doubt. :D

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:23 am

That was the flukiest win I recall for a result an any form of cricket. What the heck is this final resolution based on the number of boundaries scored by a side? It's worse than penalty kicks in football. :hang:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:48 am

Dujon wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:23 am
That was the flukiest win I recall for a result an any form of cricket. What the heck is this final resolution based on the number of boundaries scored by a side? It's worse than penalty kicks in football. :hang:
Aye would prefer it to be like the semi-final when it was quite clear which was the better of the two teams. The rules is the rules.

Should the teams be tied on points in the Premier League they'd go to goal difference and then number of goals scored - which it all but the same principle.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:55 am

Dujon wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:23 am
Oh dear Duj, come on, credit where it's due, it didn't come to just that thankfully. Players don't make the rules and it's the same for both sides. We won on a knife edge, just like they would have done but for the last gasp effort. As spectator sport, does it ever get any better then that? The game won....and England got a big toe onside and got the ornament.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:11 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:29 am
jimbo wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:02 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:46 pm
I'm not a big 1 day fan but this team was incredible before Archer. At home we really should win it.
I’m not either. I’ve always struggled to recall any ODIs more than a couple of weeks later. This team are making me take more notice though. Bowling is the weakness, and the only worry for the World Cup is the batsmen fail in one of the knock out games as happened in the last champions trophy
If we play every ODI side in the world in a series I bet we would win all of them over 5 matches.

As you say in a one off world cup - its a bit down to luck. Just one match where you lose a toss or the other team has a plan that just works and you are out cheaply and its all over....it doesn't take much.

But this England side IMO is the best around. Will they win? Who knows. But they are special.

We are probably a fast bowler short of perfect - but I'd not say bowling is our weakness. Bowling line up is weaker than batting line up. But which team is that not true for in this game?
Funny how it turns out. Our bowling was the best in the tournament and won it for us. Whereas our batting was - hit and miss at times.

But I felt going in we were the best side and in the end that's how it has worked out...just....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:23 am

An absolute classic from Kiwi Neesham:

"Kids, don’t take up sport. Take up baking or something. Die at 60 really fat and happy." :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:24 am

https://twitter.com/JimmyNeesh/status/Jimmy
Jimmy Neesham
@JimmyNeesh
8h8 hours ago
Kids, don’t take up sport. Take up baking or something. Die at 60 really fat and happy.
New Zealand players are absolute class. Jimmy - I hope you win the next one. By god do you deserve it.