creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:32 am

KeyserSoze wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:03 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58512624

Test cancelled. Would have thought this would need more than two hours' notice!
It all seems a bit strange. After cancelling a training session yesterday, agreeing the match would go ahead, they all tested negative and cancelled the Test!

2-2 - will take that as an outcome. They were scared...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 am

This is purely about the Indian players and the IPL. They all had negative PCR tests yesterday and game was on. Then they unilaterally decided to cancel it this morning as people were making their way to the ground. Firstly the ECB cannot take this as anything other than a forfeit. Secondly BCCI should refund all costs for the game including individuals travel.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:32 am
KeyserSoze wrote:

It all seems a bit strange. After cancelling a training session yesterday, agreeing the match would go ahead, they all tested negative and cancelled the Test!

India are refusing to accept a forfeit.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:59 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 am
Worthy4England wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:

Tough shit! :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:04 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:59 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:

The ECB are so spineless though. They put out a statement saying the match had been forfeited then India complained and they changed it.

They will inevitably back down. Honestly this is very poor from India and I think a heavy financial penalty should be sought.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:09 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:04 am

The ECB are so spineless though. They put out a statement saying the match had been forfeited then India complained and they changed it.
B.B.C has it that I.P.L and lost money/contracts is to blame ?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:12 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:

They will inevitably back down. Honestly this is very poor from India and I think a heavy financial penalty should be sought.
They're all shitting it about the IPL starting in just over a week. Has fcuk all to do with this Test. Heavy fine and a forfeit please.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:59 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:12 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:

They're all shitting it about the IPL starting in just over a week. Has fcuk all to do with this Test. Heavy fine and a forfeit please.
Exactly. Simply about IPL money.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:08 am

Wow. What a shit show.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:26 am

As I fully expected them to the ECB have folded and won't press for a forfeit. What a shower of backboneless idiots. Vaughan called it right if we let the BCCI continue to run cricket and do what they want then the game will die. And that's what is happening.

ECB more bothered about not being left out than the people who were inconvenienced today - you know the fans of test match cricket who keep your game alive....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:29 pm

My ticket for tomorrow is actually carried over from last year. Right now, if they offer me a refund option I'll take it. They can feck off.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:30 pm

Folk will have traveled from all over the country. And it's going to be a big hole for Lancashire too. Ridiculous.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:29 pm
My ticket for tomorrow is actually carried over from last year. Right now, if they offer me a refund option I'll take it. They can feck off.
Don't think anyone could blame you!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Yeah no doubt India didn't think about the supporters looking forward to their test match. Just about the IPL $$$$.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:28 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Yeah no doubt India didn't think about the supporters looking forward to their test match. Just about the IPL $$$$.
Just been informed that all ticket monies will be refunded within 20 days, like it or not. But then, of course, OT doesn't have a test when SA are here next year.

As Prufrock mentioned, this'll screw Lancs over as well, but I guess they do have the Foo Fighters playing there to soften the fiscal blow.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:45 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:28 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Just been informed that all ticket monies will be refunded within 20 days, like it or not. But then, of course, OT doesn't have a test when SA are here next year.

As Prufrock mentioned, this'll screw Lancs over as well, but I guess they do have the Foo Fighters playing there to soften the fiscal blow.
They're missing a spinner and their batting's shit.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:11 am

No Ot test next year means it’ll be 4 years minimum between tests with a crowd there, which won’t help Lancs keep pace with other teams, especially while trying to recoup covid losses.

As wrong as yesterday was, don’t forget we cancelled n ODI in SA in the winter with an hour’s notice and then ended the tour. That was postponed, not forefeited, and probably a much bigger dent to cricket SA’s finances.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:09 am

jimbo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:11 am
No Ot test next year means it’ll be 4 years minimum between tests with a crowd there, which won’t help Lancs keep pace with other teams, especially while trying to recoup covid losses.

As wrong as yesterday was, don’t forget we cancelled n ODI in SA in the winter with an hour’s notice and then ended the tour. That was postponed, not forefeited, and probably a much bigger dent to cricket SA’s finances.
The circumstances were entirely different though. India have been here for weeks and the SA tour was in its infancy. The virus was rampaging in SA at the time and there was concern about variants. Neither side felt full series could be played and indeed SA wanted England to play one or two ODIs before pulling out. Testing was also not as well in place as it is now.

India pulled out of a test even though none of their players had it and they’d played the 4 previous tests. They did so on the morning of said test even though nothing had changed from the night before. The only reason they did that was the IPL. Straight up.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:37 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:09 am

India pulled out of a test even though none of their players had it and they’d played the 4 previous tests. They did so on the morning of said test even though nothing had changed from the night before. The only reason they did that was the IPL. Straight up.
Just reinforcing what everybody already knows, that sport is run (like almost everything else) by corporations, bankers, financiers and investors and "sport" in the strict sense (.an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.) has little to do with it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:11 pm

Lancashire could be on the verge of winning the league here. 85 needed with 7 wickets left.
We also need Warwickshire and Somerset to end in a draw. With 4 sessions left Somerset still haven’t completed their innings so that’s looking quite likely.