creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:11 pm

Tough morning in the field. Some decent bowling, been a bit unlucky not to nick one.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:28 pm

Needed that. Been very close a few times so far today.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:33 pm

Two edges between Billings and Root. Not sure Rooty's played a blinder with the second, certainly...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:25 pm

Great to see a return to the 5th day being free admission (with donations welcome instead) re-established by Trent Bridge and now being continued by Headingly.

I'm off tomorrow, but I do have a very important call booked for 12.

Dilemma!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:26 pm

4uck me. When Crawley's not busy surrendering his own wicket cheaply.......

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:49 pm

And now he's out. I think the time has come to accept he's not up to it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:14 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:49 pm
And now he's out. I think the time has come to accept he's not up to it.
Absolutely.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:06 pm

Good 50 from Pope...

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:49 pm

It's been a hugely impressive run chase so far. A fourth innings target of practically 300 and we're strolling towards it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:52 pm

Agree Nicholado. That was great to watch.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:31 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:52 pm

It's the pace of the runscoring that's most remarkable.

I won't be getting carried away as it's much too early and there are sterner tests to come, but it's undeniably been a very good start to the new "era".

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:07 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:31 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

I won't be getting carried away as it's much too early and there are sterner tests to come, but it's undeniably been a very good start to the new "era".
It’s an incredible series win. No one could have seen this coming 4 weeks ago.

I was reflecting tonight that the silverwood era has to go down as one of the biggest sporting underachievements this country has ever produced. I have a feeling we’ll look back in years to come and wonder how a team with our best batsman ever, our best all rounder and our 2 best fast bowlers was so utterly dreadful. We’ve lost a good chunk of our best players’ time being absolutely garbage. Not only dreadful but the joy had been sucked out of watching them.

I know we’re only 3 games in, but to see Bairstow playing the innings he does in one day games is amazing. He’s spent the last few years looking lost and confused as to how to construct a test innings and forgot his actual talents. Pope is now playing the cricket that he plays at Surrey.

I get that covid bubbles would have also contributed to the last 2 years too but my god I hate Silverwood.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:25 pm

jimbo wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:07 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:31 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

It’s an incredible series win. No one could have seen this coming 4 weeks ago.

I was reflecting tonight that the silverwood era has to go down as one of the biggest sporting underachievements this country has ever produced. I have a feeling we’ll look back in years to come and wonder how a team with our best batsman ever, our best all rounder and our 2 best fast bowlers was so utterly dreadful. We’ve lost a good chunk of our best players’ time being absolutely garbage. Not only dreadful but the joy had been sucked out of watching them.

I know we’re only 3 games in, but to see Bairstow playing the innings he does in one day games is amazing. He’s spent the last few years looking lost and confused as to how to construct a test innings and forgot his actual talents. Pope is now playing the cricket that he plays at Surrey.

I get that covid bubbles would have also contributed to the last 2 years too but my god I hate Silverwood.
Yeah it’s my view too. And I’ve been saying it since he was appointed. A nobody. When we had excellent external options. Yet we ended up with a waste of skin who somehow avoided all blame for what was an utter disgrace.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:28 am

Rumours Mr Eoin Morgan set to announce retirement tomorrow....I don't watch too much one day stuff, but feels like a big loss..

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:30 pm

Not much of a follower of cricket but have enjoyed the summaries on the news recently. I did catch some of the fourth day highlights on BBC2 yesterday evening though (as Glastonbury was, once again, on BBC1) and heard a load of booing. What was that about? Booing? at Cricket? Is that a thing now?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:34 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:30 pm
Not much of a follower of cricket but have enjoyed the summaries on the news recently. I did catch some of the fourth day highlights on BBC2 yesterday evening though (as Glastonbury was, once again, on BBC1) and heard a load of booing. What was that about? Booing? at Cricket? Is that a thing now?
Not quite sure I caught the same "incident" - are you sure they weren't hollering:

"Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttt" ?

Coz I caught a fair bit of that every time Joe hit a boundary....

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:11 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:28 am
Rumours Mr Eoin Morgan set to announce retirement tomorrow....I don't watch too much one day stuff, but feels like a big loss..
From a captaincy perspective quite possibly. From a batting perspective he’s probably no longer in our top 10 white ball batsmen so shouldn’t be in the side for that alone.

Buttler seems more than ready enough to captain, and Morgan’s structures should be fairly well rooted now so there shouldn’t be too much disruption.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:26 pm

jimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:11 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
From a captaincy perspective quite possibly. From a batting perspective he’s probably no longer in our top 10 white ball batsmen so shouldn’t be in the side for that alone.

Buttler seems more than ready enough to captain, and Morgan’s structures should be fairly well rooted now so there shouldn’t be too much disruption.
Aye, probably phrased poorly. A shame it's time, rather than "insurmountable" :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
As a player he’s really struggled in the last few years. Really struggled.

As a captain it’s an absolutely devastating loss.

But I think he’s gone at the right time. His form impacted by his back is not good. And it’s not even 2019 ish form where he was hit and miss. It’s just miss. And I suspect isn’t getting any better.

He’s been a legend and frankly will go down in history as the one to get England over the line in the most famous of all World Cup wins.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:19 pm

We’re making going along at 5 an over seem completely normal in test cricket here. Once again Bairstow treating it like an ODI.