creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:08 pm

Woaksey again!!!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:10 pm

Indeedy.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:31 pm

Mooooo! Come on! Thin Broady would be happy to have bowled his last test delivery

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:32 pm

Aye. Ben ran quite a way with that one! :-)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:36 pm

Or not. Here we go.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:56 pm

I'm pondering, when both fit and playing, when the last time was neither Broad nor Anderson got a wicket...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:12 pm

^^ scratch that. Great bowling from Broady.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:13 pm

Can’t script this. If you tried you just couldn’t.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:28 pm

Wonderful. Great series, decent chase by the Aussies, another close one...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:34 pm

Yeeeeeeeees! Went ballistic on a rush hour tube carriage.

Good night, sweet prince.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:06 pm
Nervous, but still keeping the faith... :oyea:
And thus, it came to pass...... Had to dash for the bathroom (well, shuffle) the minute it finished. Fantastic. :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:03 pm

Enjoyed that. Well in Stuart.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:40 am

Now that the magic dust has settled, it can surely be said that a combination of Old TTrafford and the weather cost us the Ashes.... :conf:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:44 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:40 am
Now that the magic dust has settled, it can surely be said that a combination of Old TTrafford and the weather cost us the Ashes.... :conf:
That and spells of dodgy catching and good old extras.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:07 am

You could make the case, for sure TD.

Parking OT for a minute, there were times in the other 4, where both teams had something in their control - outside of the weather, which isn't in anyone's - and they contributed to a result that could have flipped the game. The most recent example being the Aussies 5? Dropped catches in the last test, which I think cost them >100...we were certainly more mistake-ridden in the first two, which needs looking at, you shouldn't just shrug at 0-2 down citing "unprepared", but test what you might try to do, not to be next time.

Very close tests x 4. OT. We were mullering them. So yeah, mate, feel free to tell 'em how they got away with it, without fear!

It's going to be interesting to see how the attacking style develops in India, next up, where for the most part, we struggled last tour and if memory serves Joe Root won one...I'm also looking forwards to the rematch in Aus.

Broad is going to be a loss, because if you just looked across this series in isolation and had a pick, you'd have kept Broady. I think Jimmy needs to get some cricket in pre-India. His speed was pretty consistent, but where he was landing it wasn't, by quite a chunk. He didn't bowl overly poorly, but rarely looked dangerous, including that last day when other bowlers were getting decent movement and Jimmy not so much. It was quite pronounced.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:21 am

I think (leaving the obvious Broady exclusion out) Moheen Ali is going to be a huge loss. His contributions and attitude have been immense. His turning the ball was a treat in this last test. Good luck to Moheen.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:25 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:21 am
I think (leaving the obvious Broady exclusion out) Moheen Ali is going to be a huge loss. His contributions and attitude have been immense. His turning the ball was a treat in this last test. Good luck to Moheen.
Think Mo is a bit different, he'd already retired from tests and just rocked up, really as a (welcome) favour...bowled great in final innings. So aye, goid luck (take 2) on his second retirement. :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:07 am
You could make the case, for sure TD.

Parking OT for a minute, there were times in the other 4, where both teams had something in their control - outside of the weather, which isn't in anyone's - and they contributed to a result that could have flipped the game. The most recent example being the Aussies 5? Dropped catches in the last test, which I think cost them >100...we were certainly more mistake-ridden in the first two, which needs looking at, you shouldn't just shrug at 0-2 down citing "unprepared", but test what you might try to do, not to be next time.

Very close tests x 4. OT. We were mullering them. So yeah, mate, feel free to tell 'em how they got away with it, without fear!

It's going to be interesting to see how the attacking style develops in India, next up, where for the most part, we struggled last tour and if memory serves Joe Root won one...I'm also looking forwards to the rematch in Aus.

Broad is going to be a loss, because if you just looked across this series in isolation and had a pick, you'd have kept Broady. I think Jimmy needs to get some cricket in pre-India. His speed was pretty consistent, but where he was landing it wasn't, by quite a chunk. He didn't bowl overly poorly, but rarely looked dangerous, including that last day when other bowlers were getting decent movement and Jimmy not so much. It was quite pronounced.
Not sure how we can be better prepared with the awful schedules. More need to play for their counties though. It’s a shame the ones who were ended up with injuries.

Genuinely would say in the final analysis we looked a better side than the Aussies once we had sharpened up. I think it comes down to the shape we were in at the start. It needs looking at somehow. But not sure how.

We are going to need a new look attack. Woakes and Wood are in it. If fit. Big IF for Woody. Jimmy has to as you say recapture some form. Pretty sure he will unless he packs it in.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:15 am

I know it isn't one for the cricket purists, but I took the family to Old Trafford yesterday to watch The Hundred. Manchester Originals v Northern Supercharges (Lancs v Yorks in old money) and we won by an absolute cricket score!

Almost a hundred runs left to chase when we got them all out with 30 or so balls remaining.

The atmosphere was brilliant and I'll certainly be going again. Feck me though, cricket grounds are expensive! £33 for 3 hotdogs. £12 for 'loaded' fries (cheese sprinkled on top)!! Miles more expensive than Wembley
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:10 am

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:15 am
I know it isn't one for the cricket purists, but I took the family to Old Trafford yesterday to watch The Hundred. Manchester Originals v Northern Supercharges (Lancs v Yorks in old money) and we won by an absolute cricket score!

Almost a hundred runs left to chase when we got them all out with 30 or so balls remaining.

The atmosphere was brilliant and I'll certainly be going again. Feck me though, cricket grounds are expensive! £33 for 3 hotdogs. £12 for 'loaded' fries (cheese sprinkled on top)!! Miles more expensive than Wembley
I believe 'loaded fries' have nowt to do with cheese it is just a commentary on the status of those who buy them..... :wink: