creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by jimbo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:19 am

Another bloody 50 and out for root! I'm getting sick of it. Good day until that last 10 minutes which is a real sickener. We've got a bloody long tail in this game as well, so we'll do well to make 300 from here.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:49 am

Made a reasonable total at 346 all out, but Broad stepping up with 30' ish helped. Looked decent when I went to bed about 1-30, but Oz have made a better start and look in charge.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:08 am

ODI team obviously been brilliant, but started with 8-5 (FIVE!) this morn. Set Australia 197. Can't see us winning this one!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:36 am

Well, we surely made a cracking start in the first test against N.Z. 58 all out. :shock: They're already 88-1 in replay.

Correction...Make that 179-3.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:43 am

58 a/o is our lowest test total since.................... ? (Must be quite a while)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:43 am
58 a/o is our lowest test total since.................... ? (Must be quite a while)
Didn't we get 38 or 39 a few years ago? Either way, shocking stuff...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Let's cheat using really bright yellow tape. Fecking morons :doh:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:41 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:31 pm
Unreal that they'd even consider cheating in this fashion. Sport?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:41 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:31 pm
Unreal that they'd even consider cheating in this fashion. Sport?
Sadly it goes on :(

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:03 am

Turn the fecking waterworks off, Warner. You're a cheat and a disgrace.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:20 am

:lol: it's tremendous. I hate that duck.

Here he is on du Plessis:

I won't comment on the way [South Africa] have been behaving but I just know from an Australian cricket perspective: we hold our heads high and I'll be very disappointed if one of our teammates [illegally change the condition of the ball].

“The rules are in place for a reason, if you're not gonna use them, then why bother having them?"

Again, :lol:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 24, 2018 12:54 pm

67-3 not the best start with Root, Malan and Stoneman gone. Cook seems solid enough right now, but...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 24, 2018 3:32 pm

Top order all failed apart from Cook...where have I heard that before? Simply not good enough.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 24, 2018 3:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 3:32 pm
Top order all failed apart from Cook...where have I heard that before? Simply not good enough.
What, writing us off already Insaney? Could it be the Pakistani bowling has been good?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 24, 2018 3:41 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 3:39 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
What, writing us off already Insaney? Could it be the Pakistani bowling has been good?
Their batsmen aren't great so I'd still fancy us if Stokes and Buttler add a few.

But our top order is shockingly bad. No other way to dress it up. Not good enough. That isn't even up for debate anymore.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 24, 2018 4:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 3:41 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Their batsmen aren't great so I'd still fancy us if Stokes and Buttler add a few.
But our top order is shockingly bad. No other way to dress it up. Not good enough. That isn't even up for debate anymore

See, this is what I can't understand about you mate. We (Bolton/England..whoever, whatever) don't have any more divine right to win or be the best at anything. We just get out there like all the rest and do our best. Pakistan's bowler are, according to the commentary, bowling and fielding exceedingly well, yet you come out with sweeping statements like above even after a couple of hundred scored (okay, 180 to press) and dismiss us as rubbish. If we lose the series and are whitewashed, give some credit to the opposition and don't keep dissing you own side. Pessimist can't come near describing you mate.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 24, 2018 4:45 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 3:41 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
But our top order is shockingly bad. No other way to dress it up. Not good enough. That isn't even up for debate anymore

See, this is what I can't understand about you mate. We (Bolton/England..whoever, whatever) don't have any more divine right to win or be the best at anything. We just get out there like all the rest and do our best. Pakistan's bowler are, according to the commentary, bowling and fielding exceedingly well, yet you come out with sweeping statements like above even after a couple of hundred scored (okay, 180 to press) and dismiss us as rubbish. If we lose the series and are whitewashed, give some credit to the opposition and don't keep dissing you own side. Pessimist can't come near describing you mate.
Its widely accepted. We're not very good. No need to beat around the bush. We're a pale shadow of the England team from 4/5 years back. Shall we revisit what happened in the last Ashes? Our batting is especially poor and our bowling attack is ageing!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 24, 2018 4:52 pm

To be fair, Tango, he isn't wrong. When was the last time that the top order put together a decent knock against top opposition? Serious question.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 24, 2018 6:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:52 pm
To be fair, Tango, he isn't wrong. When was the last time that the top order put together a decent knock against top opposition? Serious question.
Just come back after tea, optimisic as ever. (No, we don't seem much as hotshots right now and recent memories don't help much, but we'll recover and win the series...I just know it... ae:) .

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 26, 2018 8:38 pm

Could this be a miraculous escape of the magnitude of Bolton v Nott's Forest? 110 for 6 and sinking fast, now 235 for six and Bess and Buttler playing blinders?