creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Didn't Derbyshire get 90 or something for the first day of a county championship game at Chesterfield, could be worse but your right more should of turned up.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:03 pm

Not that the place would have otherwise been packed to the to the rafters, but it can't have helped that the DMB's were at home.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:11 pm

so much for the B team - slipping away to defeat...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:38 pm

Well there's your ashes squad for the winter

England squad: Alastair Cook (captain), Joe Root, Jonathan Trott, Kevin Pietersen, Ian Bell, Gary Ballance, Michael Carberry, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Matt Prior (vice-captain), Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, James Anderson, Monty Panesar, Steven Finn, Boyd Rankin, Chris Tremlett.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:45 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Well there's your ashes squad for the winter

England squad: Alastair Cook (captain), Joe Root, Jonathan Trott, Kevin Pietersen, Ian Bell, Gary Ballance, Michael Carberry, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Matt Prior (vice-captain), Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, James Anderson, Monty Panesar, Steven Finn, Boyd Rankin, Chris Tremlett.
I'm trying to deduce from that who's been left out from the Summer squad?!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Bresnan. But he's injured.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Is that it?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Is that it?
Onions?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Woakes, Taylor and Kerrigan were all involved in the summer.
Last edited by bwfcdan94 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Personally I think this is the best squad we have had compared to the previous 3 sides. It is nice to see that I 3would have only made a couple of changes to this squad whereas normally I would have been naming reams of players.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Tredwell is probably the biggest name left out - but then the Oz did target him ferociously in the one-dayers....

also - onions and compton?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Did anybody watch the last day of the S.A vs India test today, one of the greatest test matches there has ever been, the final day was nothing short of breath taking inevitably it ended with a draw with South Africa finishing just 10 runs of the target of 460 had they achieved it, it would have been the highest score ever chased in the final innings of a test match. The only downer was that philander and MSD lost their bottle at the end and ended up settling for a draw. Scorecard below http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/88537

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:34 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Did anybody watch the last day of the S.A vs India test today, one of the greatest test matches there has ever been, the final day was nothing short of breath taking inevitably it ended with a draw with South Africa finishing just 10 runs of the target of 460 had they achieved it, it would have been the highest score ever chased in the final innings of a test match. The only downer was that philander and MSD lost their bottle at the end and ended up settling for a draw. Scorecard below http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/88537
Not the highest score ever chased (see Ashes thread). Possibly the highest score ever successfully chased. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Pedant alert!
Monty's on the prowl and is carrying a big stick. :mrgreen:

Merry Christmas to you, Monty, and your fellow snow lovers.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Might I also congratulate the Kiwis for their series win over the West Indies? After a significant dry period between drinks they did this one in style. Well done, cousins!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:04 am

Dujon wrote:Pedant alert!
Monty's on the prowl and is carrying a big stick. :mrgreen:

Merry Christmas to you, Monty, and your fellow snow lovers.
And to you, Dujon, even if you go to the beach for Xmas and make sandcastles instead of snowmen. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:34 am

Dujon wrote:Might I also congratulate the Kiwis for their series win over the West Indies? After a significant dry period between drinks they did this one in style. Well done, cousins!
Surely NZ should be beating West Indies anyhow? NZ cricket would be in a dire position if they couldn't even beat the West indies.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:03 am

You wouldn't have said that a few years ago, Dan.

Today, though, you are probably right. Still 'n all I'm pleased to see ZL clock up a win, even though it was a three test series.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:05 am

Dujon wrote:You wouldn't have said that a few years ago, Dan.

Today, though, you are probably right. Still 'n all I'm pleased to see ZL clock up a win, even though it was a three test series.
Too right Dujon. West Indian cricket has always been top class stuff. Just far too many stars to even list, but who'd want to face Courtney Walsh, Malcolm Marshall, Joel Garner and Michael Holding to name but four fast bowlers. I'd never write off West Indies as a cricket force, ever.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:12 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Dujon wrote:You wouldn't have said that a few years ago, Dan.

Too right Dujon. West Indian cricket has always been top class stuff. Just far too many stars to even list, but who'd want to face Courtney Walsh, Malcolm Marshall, Joel Garner and Michael Holding to name but four fast bowlers. I'd never write off West Indies as a cricket force, ever.
I think it says something about the strength of the West Indies around that time that Sylvester Clarke couldn't get a game.

Saw us play WI at OT around 10 years ago, and with the notable exception of Brian Lara it was actually quite upsetting to see what a poor, poor side theyd become.