creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 29046
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:58 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:46 pm
I'd be more than happy for him to be replaced, he's never really nailed it down but of all of them we've tried since Cook retired he's been comfortably the best for me. I like Hameed but he's far from secure. Seems a massive gamble to chop Burns with no obvious candidate.
Yes. If you look at the years averages, most of them are under 30. You could make a case for pretty much any of them to be dropped (including Buttler ;-) ) and giving Root a bye.
On evidence right now Pope and Bairstow look better with the bat so not sure I’d be picking Butler. Though I think he’s a better test keeper than Johnny is at present.

However, he’s unavailable anyway but I’d not put him back in for OT test were he not having a sprog.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25749
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:04 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:00 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:51 pm
This pitch is flat. England’s biggest issue is left handers against Jadeja plus the issue of whether to stick or twist. A win is still very very unlikely but the ball is more than 30 overs old and no damage done. If these two survive first hour tomorrow you then have potentially quick scorers in Malan and Root to come in and a quick scoring middle order after it.

I’d make India win still favourite. Then draw. Then England win. But ten wickets aren’t going to be easy tomorrow and India bowled poorly tonight. Classic fifth day beckons.
I think you still have it around right, India, draw, England. But it is still a very good pitch and not an extraordinary run rate...
England have to be positive. Their best chance of a win is obviously to get a good rate (without being silly). But their best chance of not losing is also to make Kohli worry about what to do with the field.

I’d say the chance of an England win is low BUT if Root got in on this wicket…I’d say the chance becomes quite high as not sure India would have a good weapon against him bar the new ball.
Well tbf, hoping Root has nowt major wrong with his leg and it was just a bit of cramp. That session with Pant and Thakur probably key for India and I think we'll look back on missed catches that cost us pretty dear...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 29046
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:18 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:12 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:04 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:00 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:51 pm
This pitch is flat. England’s biggest issue is left handers against Jadeja plus the issue of whether to stick or twist. A win is still very very unlikely but the ball is more than 30 overs old and no damage done. If these two survive first hour tomorrow you then have potentially quick scorers in Malan and Root to come in and a quick scoring middle order after it.

I’d make India win still favourite. Then draw. Then England win. But ten wickets aren’t going to be easy tomorrow and India bowled poorly tonight. Classic fifth day beckons.
I think you still have it around right, India, draw, England. But it is still a very good pitch and not an extraordinary run rate...
England have to be positive. Their best chance of a win is obviously to get a good rate (without being silly). But their best chance of not losing is also to make Kohli worry about what to do with the field.

I’d say the chance of an England win is low BUT if Root got in on this wicket…I’d say the chance becomes quite high as not sure India would have a good weapon against him bar the new ball.
Well tbf, hoping Root has nowt major wrong with his leg and it was just a bit of cramp. That session with Pant and Thakur probably key for India and I think we'll look back on missed catches that cost us pretty dear...
Missed catches both innings. And second innings without some stupid shots we could have more runs. Like I say we’ve probably without going silly and expecting every chance or every set batsman to be perfect, thrown away 100 runs. Could be chasing under 200 now and it’s partly our own making we aren’t.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25749
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:09 am

England - 22%
India - 32%
Draw - 46%

Winviz start of day

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37146
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:16 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:09 am
England - 22%
India - 32%
Draw - 46%

Winviz start of day
We'll be batting out for a draw on a glorious day for batting.

How great the temptation to give it a bit o' tap though? ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 29046
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:33 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:16 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:09 am
England - 22%
India - 32%
Draw - 46%

Winviz start of day
We'll be batting out for a draw on a glorious day for batting.

How great the temptation to give it a bit o' tap though? ;)
No need to go one day mode - at least not yet. 3.3 an over needed - play normally and we'll not be far off if we don't lose too many wickets.

No need for silliness. But equally don't just try and block as that's most likely way to lose.

Be very frustrating if England end 340-4 say!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21481
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:39 am

Aaah. Was just about to say well done Rory.

I mean good luck playing that tbf but aaaah.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21481
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:40 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:33 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:16 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:09 am
England - 22%
India - 32%
Draw - 46%

Winviz start of day
We'll be batting out for a draw on a glorious day for batting.

How great the temptation to give it a bit o' tap though? ;)
No need to go one day mode - at least not yet. 3.3 an over needed - play normally and we'll not be far off if we don't lose too many wickets.

No need for silliness. But equally don't just try and block as that's most likely way to lose.

Be very frustrating if England end 340-4 say!
Aye, you'd think if Malan and Root can hang around for any period of time we'll be close enough run rate wise to make a decision later. Bat properly and then take a view later on on whether to tee off or bat it out.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39411
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:14 pm

Now Hammeed dropped on 55... :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21481
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:23 pm

Ooof that would have been tasty if Malan hadn't got back!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21481
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:28 pm

Jesus H Christ.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21481
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:37 pm

No no no no no
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 29046
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:39 pm

Ridiculous for any top order batsman to be run out in this scenario.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2056
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:40 pm

A real blunder from the Indians here, bringing Joe Root to the crease.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 29046
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:47 pm

Think the chance for England to win this is probably slipping away here. 240 ish across two sessions on day 5 isn't happening even though the pitch is good.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21481
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:54 pm

I still wouldn't rule it out. If Root gets going, and we keep wickets in hand. Miles away yet though. Bat properly, give yourself chance to save the game, and then have a look later.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 29046
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:06 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:54 pm
I still wouldn't rule it out. If Root gets going, and we keep wickets in hand. Miles away yet though. Bat properly, give yourself chance to save the game, and then have a look later.
Can't see it at all - rate is 3.7 and that's higher than any point in the match. And you'd expect rate to go up a little bit as batsmen reset after lunch. Plus - its far enough now that Kohli can defend this.

England scored 54 that session - to have a sniff they needed to score around 80.

Think about it - if England doubled the session score from the morning to the afternoon they still need 130 odd from last session on a wearing pitch where they could still collapse.

I'd say its draw at best now.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21481
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:21 pm

It's clearly the least likely of the results. But I'm not sure comparison to the rest of the match is *that* instructive. Of course you can score at a higher rate when you're chasing a win than you would on day 2.

We went slow this morning but you'd expect that from Burns and Hameed (and tbf, the main focus now should be don't lose and then see where we get). Lot of ifs, but the likes of Root, Pope, Bairstow and Moeen ( and Ben Woakes tbf) are capable of scoring runs quickly.

As above, I don't think it will happen, but I don't think it's done yet.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21481
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:52 pm

Balls. Any more wickets before tea and I'd be shutting up shop.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 29046
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:53 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:52 pm
Balls. Any more wickets before tea and I'd be shutting up shop.
If you genuinely believe England can win then that's what you would want as we weren't having a sniff at this if Hameed batted for another hour.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests