Top travel tips...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Top travel tips...

Post by jimbo » Thu May 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Don't get the gripes with Ryanair. Been on many a bargain European weekend break with them. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. If I'm flying to Girona and back for £40, then I don't give a shit what the experience is like.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu May 24, 2012 2:52 pm

So have I. Its not a gripe, its playing them at their own game.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu May 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Fair play. So many people just moan about it constantly though. If you do everything simply, carry on your luggage, and have a bit of flexability when you go, you can get some great bargains. I must be one of the few who actually loves ryanair.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu May 24, 2012 2:58 pm

I'll tell you after August 8th what my feelings are on them...!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu May 24, 2012 3:24 pm

I would fly with them on my own or part of a group of lads but never with my family, the pov rush when the gates open is disusting.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu May 24, 2012 3:25 pm

I'll just let them get on with it, not arsed where i sit and the plane wont go without us.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu May 24, 2012 3:42 pm

jaffka wrote:I would fly with them on my own or part of a group of lads but never with my family, the pov rush when the gates open is disusting.
disgusting even :lol:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu May 24, 2012 3:48 pm

i was more confused with the word 'pov' ? :)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Do not try and board the plane with a baseball bat in your hand luggage. Especially when it's less than a year after 9/11 and you're trying to fly home from Texas.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Do not try and board the plane with a baseball bat in your hand luggage.
Especially when carrying no baseballs. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun May 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Don't go to Delhi. Ever. It's 5hit
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun May 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Don't go to Delhi. Ever. It's 5hit
Really?

India is one of the places on my bucket list.

Just Delhi or the country as a whole?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun May 27, 2012 8:18 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Don't go to Delhi. Ever. It's 5hit
Really?

India is one of the places on my bucket list.

Just Delhi or the country as a whole?
I would recommend India, but it is a challenging country to travel in and Delhi is probably the most challenging city. Full of so many scam artists you can't really relax and enjoy it and the grinding poverty is unlike I've seen anywhere.

In contrast, Mumbai is a far better city with more to see and do. The coastal areas, Kerala & Goa are truly beautiful. I spent 3 months travelling round and loved it but would I go back? Nah.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 27, 2012 9:38 pm

There is a shot in golf called a "Ryanair shot" and I play it regularly. It looks ok in the air but it doesn't land anywhere fecking near where you were hoping that it might. Frankfurt Hahn???? Hahn's nearer to fecking Luxembourg than it is to Frankfurt!!!!!!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon May 28, 2012 8:49 am

Never use the phrase "bucket list" in my presence on a plane.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 28, 2012 9:29 am

Get on the right plane!
Two old dears managed at Palma to get on our plane 3 weeks after 9/11 despite having our boarding cards and passports checked every 2 yards! Then we had to wait while the luggage was unloaded to see if that was on the wrong plane.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:34 pm

jimbo wrote:Don't get the gripes with Ryanair. Been on many a bargain European weekend break with them. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. If I'm flying to Girona and back for £40, then I don't give a shit what the experience is like.
I've just booked a last minute holiday to Tenerife (fly tomorrow, booked it yesterday) and I'm on Ryanair. Never really had a problem with them, to be honest it's probably only idiots that do have problems with them with not checking in online or printing boarding passes off. Me and Mrs Platz have just got one case between us which the extra cost on Ryanair is another bug bearer with some, I would have about handled it with hand luggage but she's obviously got all of her crap to bring!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
William the White wrote:Don't be two minutes late for Ryanair check in.

This advice comes from man who did not make it to Guimaraes away...

bastards...
Do book a hotel and have a good night's sleep before your flight. Don't avoid paying for a room, by sleeping in Munich Airport and remaining so until your gate has closed and also missing the numerous telephone calls from yours truly. That's precisely what my brother in law did after the game there. This results in a very long and very expensive train ride home.
Could have been worse, you could have spent a night cuddled up on a floor at Frankfurt airport the year before, missin all the pre match 'entertainment'. Oh............... :grin:
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Gail Platz wrote:
jimbo wrote:Don't get the gripes with Ryanair. Been on many a bargain European weekend break with them. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. If I'm flying to Girona and back for £40, then I don't give a shit what the experience is like.
I've just booked a last minute holiday to Tenerife (fly tomorrow, booked it yesterday) and I'm on Ryanair. Never really had a problem with them, to be honest it's probably only idiots that do have problems with them with not checking in online or printing boarding passes off. Me and Mrs Platz have just got one case between us which the extra cost on Ryanair is another bug bearer with some, I would have about handled it with hand luggage but she's obviously got all of her crap to bring!
Welcome into the mysterious world of the idiot then, and remember, you have been warned...... (cue Twilight Zone music)....

Amongst many of the f*ckovers that Ryan Air has tried to perpertrate on me was allowing me 20 kilos on my outbound flight, then including in the small print (do you read section 9 para b of your T&C's generally, idiotic if you don't) that I was only allowed 15 kilos on the return. Cue my stand-up refusal to budge from the front of the baggage queue, as they were after 10euros a kilo. They got nowt.

Between myself and my immediate famliy I reckon we have used Ryan Air an average of over 20 times a year the last 5 or 6 years. Do it often enough, and for long enough, and they'll f*ck you too. Fancy a 3 hour detour to a different airport 24 hours after your flight because they decided to flash cancel on the spot?

Remember, fools rush in.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:56 pm

I've flown with Ryanair four times - to and from Nimes for Marseilles, to and from Budapest for Belgrade

Faultless

Would I use 'em for a familly holiday?

Would I balls
Sto ut Serviam