General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 16, 2016 8:20 pm

^^ I don't have a any problem with it going ahead. Folks want to run the risk, their pick. :-) Just saying there was a lot less known about Zika when WC was on, so not necessarily a good indicator.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 16, 2016 9:58 pm

Worthy4England wrote:^^ I don't have a any problem with it going ahead. Folks want to run the risk, their pick. :-) Just saying there was a lot less known about Zika when WC was on, so not necessarily a good indicator.

I'm not sure it's as simple as folk taking a risk about catching it themselves - it's more about them all taking it back home and spreading the virus across continents...

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue May 17, 2016 11:28 am

Mrs C had a terrible experience yesterday morning. We were just getting up when her daughter phoned and asked her to go check on a friend who wasn't feeling too well. There was no sense of urgency about it or I would have gone too. Anyway, this friend is 39 and in general good health and she opened the door to my wife to let her in. No sooner had she done that than she collapsed spark out but giving out dreadful groaning noises. Mrs C called 9991, 9902, and eventually 999 but didn't press green button, all in her panic, but eventually got through. Friend comes round for a few seconds but then goes purple in the face and keels over again now lifeless. Mrs C starts chest compressions but friend is on a bed and couldn't be dragged off it so pretty ineffective, ambulance takes 16 minutes and take over cpr for almost an hour there and at hospital but friend is deceased.

Never having seen a dead person before this has had a dreadful effect on her and she's full of 'I could've done it betters' but she did everything right in my book. Panic is entirely understandable but after a few seconds she got her act together and coped with the situation that came her way right out of the blue.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue May 17, 2016 11:31 am

clapton is god wrote:Mrs C had a terrible experience yesterday morning. We were just getting up when her daughter phoned and asked her to go check on a friend who wasn't feeling too well. There was no sense of urgency about it or I would have gone too. Anyway, this friend is 39 and in general good health and she opened the door to my wife to let her in. No sooner had she done that than she collapsed spark out but giving out dreadful groaning noises. Mrs C called 9991, 9902, and eventually 999 but didn't press green button, all in her panic, but eventually got through. Friend comes round for a few seconds but then goes purple in the face and keels over again now lifeless. Mrs C starts chest compressions but friend is on a bed and couldn't be dragged off it so pretty ineffective, ambulance takes 16 minutes and take over cpr for almost an hour there and at hospital but friend is deceased.

Never having seen a dead person before this has had a dreadful effect on her and she's full of 'I could've done it betters' but she did everything right in my book. Panic is entirely understandable but after a few seconds she got her act together and coped with the situation that came her way right out of the blue.

blimey - that's awful.. :( summat, I suppose, that will always live with her...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 17, 2016 1:56 pm

Don't let Mrs C even consider any blame Clapton. Her actions were counted in seconds and the ambulance took 16 minutes so she couldn't really affect anything. This was a situation over which she had no control and make sure she knows that. Awful thing to happen to anyone.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue May 17, 2016 2:01 pm

sometimes, I think, the more you tell someone they are not to blame, the more they believe they are...

what-ifs and if-onlies are not rational feelings that folk can be rationally argued out of... they are coping methods (I think) related to our fear of not being in control of the world around us.

the very best you can do is listen to her - and listen again - and again...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue May 17, 2016 2:02 pm

and again...

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue May 17, 2016 2:15 pm

Yep, she has had a chat with a counsellor this afternoon and has got it more in perspective. She has been advised to seek professional guidance though and we may well do that. Luckily we are off to a Greek island tomorrow so will wash some of it off in the Aegean.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue May 17, 2016 2:16 pm

clapton is god wrote:Yep, she has had a chat with a counsellor this afternoon and has got it more in perspective. She has been advised to seek professional guidance though and we may well do that. Luckily we are off to a Greek island tomorrow so will wash some of it off in the Aegean.
as good a treatment as any! have a great time... 8)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue May 17, 2016 3:20 pm

clapton is god wrote:Yep, she has had a chat with a counsellor this afternoon and has got it more in perspective. She has been advised to seek professional guidance though and we may well do that. Luckily we are off to a Greek island tomorrow so will wash some of it off in the Aegean.
Have a great time and good luck to Mrs. C. I'll be on Corfu later this month.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue May 17, 2016 3:35 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
I noticed that and checked your itinerary but we are nowhere near each other. Enjoy your honeymoon. It looks fabulous!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue May 17, 2016 3:44 pm

clapton is god wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
I noticed that and checked your itinerary but we are nowhere near each other. Enjoy your honeymoon. It looks fabulous!
I figured that as I'm in the Adriatic and Ionian seas while you are Aegean - still it's all the Med. Time will prove the healer for Mrs. C. and can't be hurried.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 19, 2016 6:21 pm

Bewidered, you will be....http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/145 ... room_fire/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri May 20, 2016 9:09 am

Just spunked £84 quid on a ticket to watch Paul Simon in November. Robbing Bastard. He'd better be good.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 20, 2016 9:13 am

Beefheart wrote:Just spunked £84 quid on a ticket to watch Paul Simon in November. Robbing Bastard. He'd better be good.

there must be, errr... 50 ways to lose your wonga!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri May 20, 2016 9:28 am

thebish wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Just spunked £84 quid on a ticket to watch Paul Simon in November. Robbing Bastard. He'd better be good.

there must be, errr... 50 ways to lose your wonga!

....or he's got diamonds on the soles of his shoes....

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri May 20, 2016 11:15 am

He's not.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri May 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Hoboh wrote:
He's not.
One of my very favourite singers throughout his career, but I fear this is one tour, one album too far. I've seen him on TV 3 times this year and his voice us weaker than it needs to be.

I don't say that lightly and I'd LOVE to be wrong.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri May 20, 2016 4:03 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
He's not.
One of my very favourite singers throughout his career, but I fear this is one tour, one album too far. I've seen him on TV 3 times this year and his voice us weaker than it needs to be.

I don't say that lightly and I'd LOVE to be wrong.
Yeah, not bowled over by 'wristband' but his voice sounds alright on it. At least it's supposed to be a proper 2 hour set and it's close enough to my birthday to justify the expense to myself.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed May 25, 2016 6:19 pm

what??? :shock: