General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:58 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:41 pm
The BBC's finally gone and done it. Political correctness fcuked right in the head. Dr Who.

Really, I mean REALLY?

From fcking Yorkshire?!?!

Can't wait for Frankie Boyle to lead in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer remake.
Sexist pig! :mrgreen:

You could live in hope she has a track record of getting them off

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:08 am

My complaint was that she's from Yorkshire...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:23 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:08 am
My complaint was that she's from Yorkshire...
Mine isn't. Even though I've never been a fan, Doctor Who was always a male. What's wrong with that and why do we need a female version of established characters who were created male? There are forty five million people writing fiction and inventing new characters daily ( a slight exageration perhaps) , so why do we need to upset old applecarts and paint them pink? If you want to call that sexist, go ahead, and then we can have Robina Hood, Ivanha, Jane Bond, Long June Silver, the Three Musketallas and Nathaniella Hawkeye, last of the Moorshecans. Relax girls, seems I'm the last of an extinct species who never had trouble just being male and saying so. Mother Christmas will be along presently along with Good Queen Wenceslas :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:52 pm

Doctor Who is a shit kids tv prog. Who gives a shit who does it :conf:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:59 pm

Since the Doctor metamorphoses every series then anyone can do it and doesn't have to be male. Or human for that matter. I'd like to see the doctor reappear as a talking honey badger. Spice things up.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:02 pm

It's a kids TV character with two hearts that travels in space, can travel through time, lives in a police box that's massive inside, can regenerate, and has trouble fighting an alien pedal-bin-plunger-combination that historically was defeated by stairs. But a woman playing the Dr is unrealistic.

Also, it's fictional. I don't know if I stressed that enough.

If you're mortally offended by it, don't watch it. They haven't deleted the old ones with nice men playing the Dr, you can still wathc those.

Actually been impressed by how few crying man-babies there have been. Read that there is a really high correlation between adult DrW viewers and Lib Dem voters or something.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:51 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:02 pm
It's a kids TV character with two hearts that travels in space, can travel through time, lives in a police box that's massive inside, can regenerate, and has trouble fighting an alien pedal-bin-plunger-combination that historically was defeated by stairs. But a woman playing the Dr is unrealistic.

If you're mortally offended by it, don't watch it. They haven't deleted the old ones with nice men playing the Dr, you can still wathc those.

Actually been impressed by how few crying man-babies there have been. Read that there is a really high correlation between adult DrW viewers and Lib Dem voters or something.
Thank you Prunella, I'm not, and I don't. Haven't lost my sense of humour yet either, but hey ho, there you go. :wink:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:03 pm

You must have missed the de rigeur Daily Mail article about the death of male lead characters and how it spelled the end of our civiliztion/the triumph of lefty loonies/namby pamby liberals at the BBC forcing Metropolitan elitist values on us all (delete depending on your own mental illness) then Pru.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:04 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:51 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:02 pm

Thank you Prunella, I'm not, and I don't. Haven't lost my sense of humour yet either, but hey ho, there you go. :wink:
Well, you can't lose what you never had.

:wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:03 pm
You must have missed the de rigeur Daily Mail article about the death of male lead characters and how it spelled the end of our civiliztion/the triumph of lefty loonies/namby pamby liberals at the BBC forcing Metropolitan elitist values on us all (delete depending on your own mental illness) then Pru.
Aye, but steady on, that was always going to happen. They'll be having female actual doctors next if we're not careful.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Why must things change? Eeeeee it weren't like that back in my day...none of this new fangleddangled stuff. Men were men and women were women. And if your lass stepped out of line you came back from the pub at 11pm on a Friday and knocked her thirty three shades of blue. And if anyone complained you lumped them an all....me gran could've done better than that with a stick'o rhubarb. Eeeebygum.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:24 pm
Why must things change? Eeeeee it weren't like that back in my day...none of this new fangleddangled stuff. Men were men and women were women. And if your lass stepped out of line you came back from the pub at 11pm on a Friday and knocked her thirty three shades of blue. And if anyone complained you lumped them an all....me gran could've done better than that with a stick'o rhubarb. Eeeebygum.
Good Lord.... :lol:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:58 pm

I forgot the magic screwdriver. Wimmin and tools? Don't be daft.

All these "that one can't be a woman" "he's not black" "why's he not tall?!" are fans of something fictional (that you need imagination for) whining that someone else's imagination is different to theirs. Get a grip.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:58 pm
I forgot the magic screwdriver. Wimmin and tools? Don't be daft.

All these "that one can't be a woman" "he's not black" "why's he not tall?!" are fans of something fictional (that you need imagination for) whining that someone else's imagination is different to theirs. Get a grip.
Sonic screwdriver wasn't it?

Now to be replaced by a power drill combo no doubt :D Even my other half will have a go with one of them.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Does this mean we get Malcolm Tucker back? Yeay :oyea:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:00 pm

I made sure my new cordless drill was too heavy for the Mrs :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:00 pm
I made sure my new cordless drill was too heavy for the Mrs :mrgreen:

:D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:14 am

I'm fcking disgusted that the Queen is still a woman. When's it all going to stop?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:09 pm

Here's a new slant on begging with a personal touch: I was mowing the lawn this morning and looked up to see a bloke (thirtyish?) standing at the front gate. Switched the mower off and he said :" Got thiry pence to spare for a brew mate?" Door to door begging now then?

He was wearing a white t-shirt, jeans and plimsolls and looked far from your stereotypical "homeless beggar". With all the scams in the catalogue going on, nothing is unexpected and Farnworth no exception to the rules. Not had this one though since the old "blind" chap with dark green glasses used to come round the streets singing and selling Old Moore's Almanac, and that back was in 1950. Beware, you could be next. :wink:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:38 am

She's fit that new Dr Who. It's a yes from me. Although I don't actually recall ever sitting down and watching an episode of it
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"