General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Just a bit weirded out by the tone of your response, to be honest. Are you drunk again, or is your period? Generally wasn't expecting an aggressive response to an innocent story

I started out by explaining what the dutch branch of our company does, then said what we do in Manchester as a comparison.

thank you very much...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:40 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:27 pm
Just a bit weirded out by the tone of your response, to be honest. Are you drunk again, or is your period? Generally wasn't expecting an aggressive response to an innocent story

I started out by explaining what the dutch branch of our company does, then said what we do in Manchester as a comparison.

thank you very much...
I think, in all honesty that any aggression in my response is down to three things.
Firstly, I have a new phone which is substituting words and entire phrases I'm not actually typing and perverting a lot of content.
Secondly, your head is interpreting what I (as in me) type differently to what other people's head would... i.e. you are already pre primed to hate anything I would possibly type.
Thirdly, you quite obviously don't see (in your innocent story) as un-British negative stereotyping. It does have that element, whether innocent or not. I was just responding on s public forum to that. That's all.
Merry Christmas, and Happy 2019.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Firstly, I have a new phone which is substituting words and entire phrases I'm not actually typing and perverting a lot of content.
The man who invented predictive text died yesterday. May he rust in piss.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:22 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:30 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:40 pm

The man who invented predictive text died yesterday. May he rust in piss.
Absolutely, the bell ringer!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:42 pm

He was a New Zealander? You learn something every day. :mrgreen:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:15 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:37 am

She believes it reinforces gender stereotypes. I have some sympathy with her view. But I think banning her child from watching it is going a bit far. And I think the particular thing she's chosen is one of the less offensive examples of this sort of thing. As a society we need to do more to prevent these early gender stereotypes from becoming embedded into psyche of kids though. It is important because otherwise it becomes a self perpetuating circle.
Ah, I see. Sort of.."Kiera Knightley saves the world" sort of thing. So, her daughter will grow up doing horse riding and archery and stuff while her son (if when she has one? ) stays home and minds the kids and reads them all about "Little Persons" and "Queen Arthur" etc? Got it. Most eras find that the best way to get kids to do things is to tell them not to. Before we know it we'll be back in 1940 with Winona Churchill as first Person of the Admiralty . Roll on Kiera, what a happy life your kids have coming.... :lol:
I suspect its because she wants her daughter to grow up believing she can do anything and not with an ingrained sense of relying on a man to do things for her?

Her method may be a little off here - but the sentiment is a good one I think.
Just read this interview with Keira Knightly where she discusses the above (throwaway) comments.

Comes across v well IMO.

https://amp.theguardian.com/film/2018/d ... ssion=true
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:36 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:50 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

She believes it reinforces gender stereotypes. I have some sympathy with her view. But I think banning her child from watching it is going a bit far. And I think the particular thing she's chosen is one of the less offensive examples of this sort of thing. As a society we need to do more to prevent these early gender stereotypes from becoming embedded into psyche of kids though. It is important because otherwise it becomes a self perpetuating circle.
Ah, I see. Sort of.."Kiera Knightley saves the world" sort of thing. So, her daughter will grow up doing horse riding and archery and stuff while her son (if when she has one? ) stays home and minds the kids and reads them all about "Little Persons" and "Queen Arthur" etc? Got it. Most eras find that the best way to get kids to do things is to tell them not to. Before we know it we'll be back in 1940 with Winona Churchill as first Person of the Admiralty . Roll on Kiera, what a happy life your kids have coming.... :lol:
I suspect its because she wants her daughter to grow up believing she can do anything and not with an ingrained sense of relying on a man to do things for her?

Just read this interview with Keira Knightly where she discusses the above (throwaway) comments.

Comes across v well IMO.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Reads like the bollocks spouted after 10 pints and a joint :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:18 pm

My daughters loved fairy stories and none of them grew up thinking they needed a man to save them from anything; they still don't. It was actually the Cruella's, Ice queens, cruel step-mothers and wicked witches if of Narnia, Oz and Golden Compass repute if I remember that far back in the fairy tales , and usually good men sorting out bad ones, till K.K arrived to "Bend it like Beckham, fight the Carribean pirates, sort out King Arthur's enemies and put Mr Darcy in his place.

I'm still not sure exactly what she's trying to prove?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:15 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:50 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Comes across v well IMO.

It bored me to fxcking tears, to be honest. I read maybe 50% of it (in teeny weeny segments) and was desperate to speed read through the rest of the bullshit...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:05 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:15 pm

It bored me to fxcking tears, to be honest. I read maybe 50% of it (in teeny weeny segments) and was desperate to speed read through the rest of the bullshit...
This

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:18 pm

Kevin Spacey. Accused of sexusl assault... By unzipping a waiter's trousers in a Nantucket restaurant, and then fondling him for... (Wait for it)... three minutes. :lol:
One hell of a sexual assault. In a restaurant. In public.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:26 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:18 pm
Kevin Spacey. Accused of sexusl assault... By unzipping a waiter's trousers in a Nantucket restaurant, and then fondling him for... (Wait for it)... three minutes. :lol:
One hell of a sexual assault. In a restaurant. In public.
Excuse me, Sir, that's inappropriate behaviour and I'd appreciate it if you would desist within the next ten minutes!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:57 pm

On a similar but different theme...
Mr Darren Pencille, accused of stabbing to death a man on a train, in court said he was innocent until proven guilty (true enough), and was "hearing voices" ( - strangely enough, so am I, mainly "bullshit, bullshit, bullshit").
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:57 pm
On a similar but different theme...
Mr Darren Pencille, accused of stabbing to death a man on a train, in court said he was innocent until proven guilty (true enough), and was "hearing voices" ( - strangely enough, so am I, mainly "bullshit, bullshit, bullshit").
Pencille (name not weapon of assault) stabbed somebody in front of witnesses, they died and well, that's that then, case closed (except it obviously isn't under that old "mitigating cirgumstances, whilst the balance of the mind was disturbed" etc,etc, intervention). Voices obviously telling him innocent until proven guilty. I'm all for intensive defence if the accused isn't guilty, but in this case it should be cut and dried and save a lot of time and needless expenditure. Some lovely legal expenses to be had here methinks...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:49 pm

Arrrrrgh
Drone at HEATHROW. CIVILISATION ENDS!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:21 pm

BBC News wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:49 pm
The 106th Indian Science Congress, which was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, runs from 3-7 January.

The head of a southern Indian university cited an old Hindu text as proof that stem cell research was discovered in India thousands of years ago.

G Nageshwar Rao, vice chancellor of Andhra University, also said a demon king from the Hindu religious epic, Ramayana, had 24 types of aircraft and a network of landing strips in modern day Sri Lanka.

Another scientist from a university in the southern state of Tamil Nadu told conference attendees that Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein were both wrong and that gravitational waves should be renamed "Narendra Modi Waves".
When reading this it occurred to me that the two GPs currently staffing my GP surgery both obtained their qualifications from Indian universities.

I suddenly don't feel very well.....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:25 pm

Don't be so pessimistic, you can probably fly.

Why don't you try it?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:29 pm

Yogic, or otherwise?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:44 pm

Enoch wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:21 pm
BBC News wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:49 pm
The 106th Indian Science Congress, which was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, runs from 3-7 January.

The head of a southern Indian university cited an old Hindu text as proof that stem cell research was discovered in India thousands of years ago.

G Nageshwar Rao, vice chancellor of Andhra University, also said a demon king from the Hindu religious epic, Ramayana, had 24 types of aircraft and a network of landing strips in modern day Sri Lanka.

Another scientist from a university in the southern state of Tamil Nadu told conference attendees that Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein were both wrong and that gravitational waves should be renamed "Narendra Modi Waves".
When reading this it occurred to me that the two GPs currently staffing my GP surgery both obtained their qualifications from Indian universities.

I suddenly don't feel very well.....
:lol:
The fxckers will be claiming to have invented television and modern road surfacing next. The Scots won't be chuffed.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:03 pm

A female start-up company's sex-toy won an award for technological innovation. The award was then stripped from them, 'for being a sex-toy'. :box:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください