General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:53 am

It's sad to witness the juxtaposition when news coverage of one terrorist attack usurps all else that's going on in the world.

Today, even as belligerent citizens of the Caliphate wandered out of Baghuz, still affirming their support for (insert your own nomenclature), three suicide bombers within their own ranks detonated themselves.

BBC?

No.

Not news worthy.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:39 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:53 am
It's sad to witness the juxtaposition when news coverage of one terrorist attack usurps all else that's going on in the world.

Today, even as belligerent citizens of the Caliphate wandered out of Baghuz, still affirming their support for (insert your own nomenclature), three suicide bombers within their own ranks detonated themselves.

BBC?

No.

Not news worthy.
Careful. Some Fxcker somewhere will note the independent non conformist thinking there, and declare you to be something that they would love you to be.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:00 pm

A US firm is soon to launch chicken meat grown in a lab to the retail market. The donor bird wasn't injured, so will all vegans/vegetarians object from some high moral platform or just the extremists?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:34 pm

Enoch wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:00 pm
A US firm is soon to launch chicken meat grown in a lab to the retail market. The donor bird wasn't injured, so will all vegans/vegetarians object from some high moral platform or just the extremists?
Good question. I did have some vegan cheese before I went to bed the other night. Ended up having bad dreams about being lectured to by tedious types. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:34 pm
Enoch wrote:
Good question. I did have some vegan cheese before I went to bed the other night. Ended up having bad dreams about being lectured to by tedious types. :D
Ha, sadly, being lectured by tedious types is endemic in this digital age. I've never noticed cheese affecting my dreams, though the thought of vegan cheese may bring on a nightmare or three.

On a different note, I notice that not a single 1 of the 4336 members this site has are celebrating a birthday today. What are the chances of that?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:37 pm

Enoch wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:19 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Ha, sadly, being lectured by tedious types is endemic in this digital age. I've never noticed cheese affecting my dreams, though the thought of vegan cheese may bring on a nightmare or three.

On a different note, I notice that not a single 1 of the 4336 members this site has are celebrating a birthday today. What are the chances of that?
The second part of the question I can try and help you to discover the reasons why you can't know what the chances are... :D
Firstly the obvious answer is that out of 4346 people you would expect that, on average, 11.8 would have a birthday that day.
But. Births aren't entirely randomised across the year. Some days, which equate to other days approximately nine months later, are more spectacularly observed when shagging takes place: New Year being a good example leading to a surge of births in September.
But, again, however, we can plug those into an algorithm and come up with March 20th having on average a randomised birthday of 9.2 out of 4336.
Yet again we can refine that according to place. The UK having a lot more spring births than Myanmar for example.
Which would again refine the outcome upwards to 9.7.
But, this website has a fair number of active members who live abroad or away from Bolton.
This gives a quite fuzzy figure of ~ 9.3 birthdays per 4336.
However. Not all the 4336 are active, and we cannot tell whether they overwhelmingly come from the UK or not.
This fact alone reduces our accuracy back to around 9.2 to 9.6.
Then we need to assess the likelihood of whether you enter a birthdate or not. I for one haven't (for data protection reasons - I give too much shit away without that internet data symbiote coming back to bite me...)
A quick analysis shows that of 41 people I've tracked on hidden agenda, only seven have publically available birthdates.
So do those who are inactive, including one off signer-uppers follow the same convention or not.
Also, do the ones who have registered a birthdate give a real or made up birthdate?
Quite clearly the 7/41 would reduced the number of notifications down to 1.5.
The fact there were none suggests that the overwhelming number of 'redundant' members never entered a birthdate at registration, and/or that a large percentage of registration was supplied under false dates.
The conclusion is that it impossible to tell what the odds of nobody having a declared birthday on that date are.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:15 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:37 pm
Enoch wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:19 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Enoch wrote:

The second part of the question I can try and help you to discover the reasons why you can't know what the chances are... :D
Firstly the obvious answer is that out of 4346 people you would expect that, on average, 11.8 would have a birthday that day.
But. Births aren't entirely randomised across the year. Some days, which equate to other days approximately nine months later, are more spectacularly observed when shagging takes place: New Year being a good example leading to a surge of births in September.
But, again, however, we can plug those into an algorithm and come up with March 20th having on average a randomised birthday of 9.2 out of 4336.
Yet again we can refine that according to place. The UK having a lot more spring births than Myanmar for example.
Which would again refine the outcome upwards to 9.7.
But, this website has a fair number of active members who live abroad or away from Bolton.
This gives a quite fuzzy figure of ~ 9.3 birthdays per 4336.
However. Not all the 4336 are active, and we cannot tell whether they overwhelmingly come from the UK or not.
This fact alone reduces our accuracy back to around 9.2 to 9.6.
Then we need to assess the likelihood of whether you enter a birthdate or not. I for one haven't (for data protection reasons - I give too much shit away without that internet data symbiote coming back to bite me...)
A quick analysis shows that of 41 people I've tracked on hidden agenda, only seven have publically available birthdates.
So do those who are inactive, including one off signer-uppers follow the same convention or not.
Also, do the ones who have registered a birthdate give a real or made up birthdate?
Quite clearly the 7/41 would reduced the number of notifications down to 1.5.
The fact there were none suggests that the overwhelming number of 'redundant' members never entered a birthdate at registration, and/or that a large percentage of registration was supplied under false dates.
The conclusion is that it impossible to tell what the odds of nobody having a declared birthday on that date are.
Yeah but what are the chances!

:drink:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:54 am

Regardless of our lost friend, Enoch, the obfuscations included in his recent post are, as would be expected, highly misleading - a fact of which I am quite sure you are aware.
In my small data sets analyses of such trivia compiled over the years it is evident that the introduction of age to any debate involves the ear size, the distance between those ears and the volume available in the cranium when calculated along with the depth of their thinking. Ergo, every member of this forum has a given birthday but: from that proposition emerges the expectation of less than 10% of participants (given that this is a football forum) will not bother, as they are not sure of it, to include that ephemeral birth date within their 'profile'. Add to that the percentage of the remainder who, in full cognisance of what they are about, decline to advertise their birth date, then we have a situation where it would be quite likely that on any given date no birthdays will be published.

Simple, innit?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:53 am

Dujon wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:54 am
Regardless of our lost friend, Enoch, the obfuscations included in his recent post are, as would be expected, highly misleading - a fact of which I am quite sure you are aware.
In my small data sets analyses of such trivia compiled over the years it is evident that the introduction of age to any debate involves the ear size, the distance between those ears and the volume available in the cranium when calculated along with the depth of their thinking. Ergo, every member of this forum has a given birthday but: from that proposition emerges the expectation of less than 10% of participants (given that this is a football forum) will not bother, as they are not sure of it, to include that ephemeral birth date within their 'profile'. Add to that the percentage of the remainder who, in full cognisance of what they are about, decline to advertise their birth date, then we have a situation where it would be quite likely that on any given date no birthdays will be published.

Simple, innit?

Ahhh, now I get it!

Thank you.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:01 am

I kenw you wud. :(

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:07 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:53 am
Dujon wrote:

Simple, innit?

Ahhh, now I get it!

Thank you.
Now here's a thing!

It's one of those long standing maths (sorry Monty, I mean 'math') problems that prizes get awarded for.
The question is are there integers for all possible values of k where the cubes of x, y and z equal k.
It is known from 9k plus/minus 4 that 4, 5, 13, and 14 are definitely excluded, but as for the rest it's been a long hard slog to define them. The answer for 30 was found in 1999, with 74 being found in 2016.
Now, a recently published paper gives us the answer for 33.

This means the lowest unsolved number and the only one left under 100 is, wait for it....

That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:07 pm
Enoch wrote:
Dujon wrote:

Simple, innit?

Ahhh, now I get it!

Thank you.
Now here's a thing!

It's one of those long standing maths (sorry Monty, I mean 'math') problems that prizes get awarded for.
The question is are there integers for all possible values of k where the cubes of x, y and z equal k.
It is known from 9k plus/minus 4 that 4, 5, 13, and 14 are definitely excluded, but as for the rest it's been a long hard slog to define them. The answer for 30 was found in 1999, with 74 being found in 2016.

This means the lowest unsolved number and the only one left under 100 is, wait for it....

Sometimes the symmetry is just so beautiful.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:29 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:12 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:07 pm
Enoch wrote:
Dujon wrote:

Simple, innit?

Ahhh, now I get it!

Thank you.
Now here's a thing!

Sometimes the symmetry is just so beautiful.
:D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Well, it fits with God's final message to His Creation!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:56 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:42 pm
That inconvenient truth.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:25 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Prufrock wrote:
That inconvenient truth.
Ok I confess you've lost me now. Is that coz I'm old and unhip?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:25 pm
Enoch wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
That inconvenient truth.
I really wouldn't bother asking Spots.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:30 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
That inconvenient truth.
...and fascist, apparently.

:whack:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:51 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:37 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:30 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
That inconvenient truth.
...and fascist, apparently.

:whack:
Excuse me, we've determined I'm not fascist! Merely, old, white, ginger, male, atheist, ultranationalist, unreasonable and tedious, Thank you very fxcking much ... :box:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:57 pm

"God's Final Message to His Creation is written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on top of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains in the land of Sevorbeupstry on planet Preliumtarn, third out from the sun Zarss in Galactic Sector QQ7 ActiveJ Gamma and guarded by the Lajestic Vantrashell of Lob. You can look at it through a pay telescope although in most species it would severely damage the retina and optic nerve. Several nearby stands sell postcards, food, devotional tracts, and rental scooters.

The messsage is, “We apologize for the inconvenience"".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.