General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:57 pm
"God's Final Message to His Creation is written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on top of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains in the land of Sevorbeupstry on planet Preliumtarn, third out from the sun Zarss in Galactic Sector QQ7 ActiveJ Gamma and guarded by the Lajestic Vantrashell of Lob. You can look at it through a pay telescope although in most species it would severely damage the retina and optic nerve. Several nearby stands sell postcards, food, devotional tracts, and rental scooters.

The messsage is, “We apologize for the inconvenience"".
I think you are a member of a minority sect who read unauthorized apocrypha that we purists have banned.

My theological leader tells me that this is God's Final Message to His Creation:

That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:16 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:25 pm
Enoch wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:42 pm
Well, it fits with God's final message to His Creation!
That inconvenient truth.
Ok I confess you've lost me now. Is that coz I'm old and unhip?
Prufrock is continuing the Hitchhiker's guide motif supplied by your 42. Enoch is merely punning inconvenience from an A Gore perspective (I think). This is not to my mind general chit chat. It is highly focused specific chit chat and doesn't belong in this thread.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:38 pm

Generally speaking?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:05 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:38 pm
Generally speaking?
Of course!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:04 am

Generals! phoee! Yes, two exclamations. Who got us into the mess in which we find ourslaves? I know not whether or not Dougie mentioned that, although I'm sure that he probably did given that his main character seems to have been a Prefect of some sort. Mind you, I'm not blaming Gerald for all our ills.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:59 pm

'Bohemian Rhapsody opens in China, minus all the gay bits'. Big shout out to the producers, how very commercial.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:36 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:59 pm
'Bohemian Rhapsody opens in China, minus all the gay bits'. Big shout out to the producers, how very commercial.
That'll be about 50% of it missing then. Have they left his comedy teeth in for it? Only, the Chinese might think that they're having the piss taken out of them.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:24 pm

Enoch wrote:
I didn't realise there were anything but gay bits in it...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:36 pm
Enoch wrote:
That'll be about 50% of it missing then. Have they left his comedy teeth in for it? Only, the Chinese might think that they're having the piss taken out of them.
Good job he didn't have slitty eyes!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:35 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:28 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Enoch wrote:
I got stopped once when crossing over the border because I had a copy of the Diamond Sutra in my luggage (printed on a fan).
I had to explain to the PLA officer that it was a copy of the oldest known published book in the world ... printed in China.
Slightly red faced (but still slitty eyed) he allowed me to proceed Beinjingwise (minus the confiscated fan: can't be having the billions exposed to Buddhism).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Enoch wrote:
That gave me a good laugh. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:14 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:35 pm
Enoch wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Enoch wrote:
I got stopped once when crossing over the border because I had a copy of the Diamond Sutra in my luggage (printed on a fan).
I had to explain to the PLA officer that it was a copy of the oldest known published book in the world ... printed in China.
Slightly red faced (but still slitty eyed) he allowed me to proceed Beinjingwise (minus the confiscated fan: can't be having the billions exposed to Buddhism).
They don't seem to worry about the people paying tribute to Buddhist and Daoist structures these days.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:16 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:14 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:35 pm
Enoch wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Enoch wrote:
They don't seem to worry about the people paying tribute to Buddhist and Daoist structures these days.
It was only two years ago. I suppose it all depends upon which border and which member of the PLA you meet.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:16 pm

Ms Kezia Dugdale comes across as a delicate flower with a not overly developed feel for the English language.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:04 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:16 pm
Ms Kezia Dugdale comes across as a delicate flower with a not overly developed feel for the English language.
I'd missed this story. Personally, I thought the tweet she was moaning about was pretty funny. It's right and proper that all decent folk should call out racism, homophobia, misogyny etc when they witness it. Unfortunately, as society has improved this kind of complaint has become a by product

"I'm offended on behalf of a whole group/community"

"Really? No one else, including that community, gives a shit"
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:34 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:04 pm
Enoch wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:16 pm
I'd missed this story. Personally, I thought the tweet she was moaning about was pretty funny. It's right and proper that all decent folk should call out racism, homophobia, misogyny etc when they witness it. Unfortunately, as society has improved this kind of complaint has become a by product

"I'm offended on behalf of a whole group/community"

"Really? No one else, including that community, gives a shit"
I think it's fair to say, Harry, that no one gives a shit when I'm offended by their taking of offence.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:50 pm

This being offended/ broadcasting offence at this, that and everything else that the internet has spawned; Seems to make it appear that the the offencee (?) is almost encouraging potential offencors(? ah, okay, offenders then) to really give them something to be offended about...if you see what I mean ( if not, read the comments sections of the Bolton News) and if such cruelty were actually allowed by society today..

"Lump it" with added colourful embellishments of various sorts, was the standard reply expression back in Jurassic times when pit men and factory workers roamed the earth. My dad's been gone some fifty years or so now, but I really dread to think how he would cope today. I think he'd become a Trappist Monk. :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:53 pm

To be fair she's not being offended "on behalf" of anyone.

I think it's on the right side of fine but it's consciously provocative and if someone gay finds that the wrong side of the line I can perfectly see why and don't think they're being performatively put out.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:58 pm

Also, and this is the kicker in this tedious he-said-she-said nonsense: this is a news story because HE has sued HER for libel.

He's the fecking tart. As I said above, make your joke. But other people get to have the opinion that you're homophobic. You can't then sue them for calling you homophobic and then come "you can't say anything these days".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:53 pm
To be fair she's not being offended "on behalf" of anyone.

I think it's on the right side of fine but it's consciously provocative and if someone gay finds that the wrong side of the line I can perfectly see why and don't think they're being performatively put out.
In my case, I was speaking about the general trend. I haven't even read this woman's case or know anything about her.