General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7301
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Off out overnight with Mr GG next weekend - childfree! A dinner do. Suddenly realised I have nothing to wear and no money to buy anything with (thanks to huge MOT fail this week. :cry: ) No real point to this post other then to vent that you men have it easy with just sticking on the same suit and tie for each do.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38395
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:28 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:58 pm
Off out overnight with Mr GG next weekend - childfree! A dinner do. Suddenly realised I have nothing to wear and no money to buy anything with (thanks to huge MOT fail this week. :cry: ) No real point to this post other then to vent that you men have it easy with just sticking on the same suit and tie for each do.
Men rarely claim they have "nothing to wear" G.G. as they don't associate the remark with a wardrobe full of clothes, shoes and handbags that don't match the latest "London Look" and are thus just redundant fodder for "Christian Aid" shops. :wink:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7301
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:07 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:28 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:58 pm
Off out overnight with Mr GG next weekend - childfree! A dinner do. Suddenly realised I have nothing to wear and no money to buy anything with (thanks to huge MOT fail this week. :cry: ) No real point to this post other then to vent that you men have it easy with just sticking on the same suit and tie for each do.
Men rarely claim they have "nothing to wear" G.G. as they don't associate the remark with a wardrobe full of clothes, shoes and handbags that don't match the latest "London Look" and are thus just redundant fodder for "Christian Aid" shops. :wink:
My problem is that I don’t have many pairs of shoes other then trainers and am more likely to carry a rucksack then a handbag. As for the latest ‘London Look’... I may be a southerner but we are a bit out in the sticks here. It’s more check shirt and straw in the hair. :oops:

It is true though. Have never heard a man say they have nothing to wear...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8121
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:26 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:07 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:28 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:58 pm
Off out overnight with Mr GG next weekend - childfree! A dinner do. Suddenly realised I have nothing to wear and no money to buy anything with (thanks to huge MOT fail this week. :cry: ) No real point to this post other then to vent that you men have it easy with just sticking on the same suit and tie for each do.
Men rarely claim they have "nothing to wear" G.G. as they don't associate the remark with a wardrobe full of clothes, shoes and handbags that don't match the latest "London Look" and are thus just redundant fodder for "Christian Aid" shops. :wink:
My problem is that I don’t have many pairs of shoes other then trainers and am more likely to carry a rucksack then a handbag. As for the latest ‘London Look’... I may be a southerner but we are a bit out in the sticks here. It’s more check shirt and straw in the hair. :oops:

It is true though. Have never heard a man say they have nothing to wear...
More like 'you're not wearing THAT are you?'

To which my reply is that I've been wearing it since 1998 and I'm not stopping now.
...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7301
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:57 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:26 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:07 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:28 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:58 pm
Off out overnight with Mr GG next weekend - childfree! A dinner do. Suddenly realised I have nothing to wear and no money to buy anything with (thanks to huge MOT fail this week. :cry: ) No real point to this post other then to vent that you men have it easy with just sticking on the same suit and tie for each do.
Men rarely claim they have "nothing to wear" G.G. as they don't associate the remark with a wardrobe full of clothes, shoes and handbags that don't match the latest "London Look" and are thus just redundant fodder for "Christian Aid" shops. :wink:
My problem is that I don’t have many pairs of shoes other then trainers and am more likely to carry a rucksack then a handbag. As for the latest ‘London Look’... I may be a southerner but we are a bit out in the sticks here. It’s more check shirt and straw in the hair. :oops:

It is true though. Have never heard a man say they have nothing to wear...
More like 'you're not wearing THAT are you?'

To which my reply is that I've been wearing it since 1998 and I'm not stopping now.
Poor Mrs LE. Can’t really blame her for walking 10 metres behind you when you insist on wearing your mankini for park run. It was a bit of a shock when you turned up in it the other week...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35739
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:30 pm

What's been going on down Brum way then? People scrapping after watching a film? Really?
May the bridges I burn light your way

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3537
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by malcd1 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:53 pm

Absolutely stunned that Elon Musk has got away with calling British caving expert, Vernon Unsworth, that 'Pedo Guy' when he was helping to find and rescue the kids Thai football team in July 2018. To call someone a pedo and insist that it is merely an insult and not meaning he was a paedophile is unbelievable.

https://news.sky.com/story/elon-musk-no ... t-11880107
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12725
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Just got back from an amazing 2 week holiday in a top 5* hotel in Cyprus, pushed the boat out a bit but worth it.
The hotel was used by a lot of business people and the amount of Russians there was incredible usually with a couple of lumps of granite in tow. One evening one lump of granite looking bored was sat at the bar watching his boss? a couple of tables away doing some business when he heard us speaking, he turned, stuck out his hand and said English? Yes I replied. I am, whatever, Russian, tempted to say Bond, James Bond before I remembered we were on the fifth floor I simply shook his hand and said Mike.He then turned back to watching his boss? Off I buggered to the lav pronto to wash my hands, well you never know.... It certainly was interesting.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35739
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:54 am

A colleague of mine has just returned, this very morning, from a fortnight's all-inclusive in the Dominican Republic. His take on the Russians who were staying at the same resort is considerably less than complimentary.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12725
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:33 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:54 am
A colleague of mine has just returned, this very morning, from a fortnight's all-inclusive in the Dominican Republic. His take on the Russians who were staying at the same resort is considerably less than complimentary.
The rowdiest to be honest Bruce were a group of young, look like daddies had a lot of cash Israelis, the Russians didn't exactly blend in either to be fair.
Hilarious watching the posers and their selfies walking down the beach swivelling and standing on tip toes dressed in expensive looking dinner dresses mid afternoon. Lots of others filming them and we found out later this was on the off chance one of them fell in :lol:
weather was brilliant, not too hot nor never cold.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:54 am
A colleague of mine has just returned, this very morning, from a fortnight's all-inclusive in the Dominican Republic. His take on the Russians who were staying at the same resort is considerably less than complimentary.
Quite a lot there in September when we went. Great fun, taught us all the swear words and evryfink. Considerably worse were the frigging mozzies!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12725
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:19 am

Nearly missed this
Pakistan's former president sentenced to death for treason
Pervez Musharraf, the former army general who seized power in a military coup in 1999 and led the country for nine years, is currently in Dubai. He faced treason charges for unlawfully suspending the constitution and imposing emergency rule in 2007.

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12684
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:19 am
Nearly missed this
Pakistan's former president sentenced to death for treason
Pervez Musharraf, the former army general who seized power in a military coup in 1999 and led the country for nine years, is currently in Dubai. He faced treason charges for unlawfully suspending the constitution and imposing emergency rule in 2007.
Sentenced to death in absentia is generally the defendant's preferred approach.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4134
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Enoch » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:01 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:54 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:19 am
Nearly missed this
Pakistan's former president sentenced to death for treason
Pervez Musharraf, the former army general who seized power in a military coup in 1999 and led the country for nine years, is currently in Dubai. He faced treason charges for unlawfully suspending the constitution and imposing emergency rule in 2007.
Sentenced to death in absentia is generally the defendant's preferred approach.

:D

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38395
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:51 pm

Just been reading around world news a bit and the floods in Venice are a real disaster. Quite what happens next is beyond imagination right now.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12725
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:06 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:51 pm
Just been reading around world news a bit and the floods in Venice are a real disaster. Quite what happens next is beyond imagination right now.
Hopefully the over priced sh*t hole will sink into the sea, for good.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38395
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:27 am

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:06 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:51 pm
Just been reading around world news a bit and the floods in Venice are a real disaster. Quite what happens next is beyond imagination right now.
Hopefully the over priced sh*t hole will sink into the sea, for good.
It's making a serious bid to be the second Atlantis unless something miraculous happens.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7111
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:04 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:06 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:51 pm
Just been reading around world news a bit and the floods in Venice are a real disaster. Quite what happens next is beyond imagination right now.
Hopefully the over priced sh*t hole will sink into the sea, for good.
:shock: you've posted some controversial stuff over the years Hobes but that's your worst! How anyone can not love Venice is beyond me. It's not because there isn't a Greggs there or summat is it?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35739
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:32 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:06 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:51 pm
Just been reading around world news a bit and the floods in Venice are a real disaster. Quite what happens next is beyond imagination right now.
Hopefully the over priced sh*t hole will sink into the sea, for good.
Yeah, let's hope Benidorm doesn't flood, eh?!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12725
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:12 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:32 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:06 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:51 pm
Just been reading around world news a bit and the floods in Venice are a real disaster. Quite what happens next is beyond imagination right now.
Hopefully the over priced sh*t hole will sink into the sea, for good.
Yeah, let's hope Benidorm doesn't flood, eh?!
Why would I worry about Benidorm? Takes some .........

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests