General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:22 pm

Yada, yada, yada...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:08 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:22 pm
Yada, yada, yada...
If you want to continue mindlessly shouting at US tech companies for potholes in British roads don't let me stop you.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:15 pm

If you think they're bad in Kent, you want to see them up here. There's more hole than road in many many places here. In fact, they're less a hole than a fecking Loch given the rain we've had for the last 4 months. I've got webbed feet!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:08 pm
Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:22 pm
Yada, yada, yada...
If you want to continue mindlessly shouting at US tech companies for potholes in British roads don't let me stop you.
Whilst I agree that it is political choices, there is a correlation between the wear and tear caused by amazon shifting product around the country and the paucity of corporation tax they contribute.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:18 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:15 pm
If you think they're bad in Kent, you want to see them up here. There's more hole than road in many many places here. In fact, they're less a hole than a fecking Loch given the rain we've had for the last 4 months. I've got webbed feet!
Same in the North West. Some roads are a complete mess - and in the dark for people who aren't local I can imagine are very very expensive!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:18 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:15 pm
Same in the North West. Some roads are a complete mess - and in the dark for people who aren't local I can imagine are very very expensive!
You can't see your hand in front of your face after dark here. You can't even avoid them if you can see them anyway!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:52 pm

It must be murder living in a literal world.

Imagine a life devoid of nuance. I shudder to think...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:52 pm

Covid-19 might just mean you don't have to worry long about a literal world.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:59 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 pm
Enoch wrote:

I certainly don't want to catch that again!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:51 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:59 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 pm
Enoch wrote:

I certainly don't want to catch that again!
Wasn't aimed at you personally mate with the way our government are going about it we will all be in trouble soon.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:05 pm

^^ If you're that worried Covid-19 will get you, what was the point of stocking up the freezer? :-)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:13 pm

:D
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:05 pm
^^ If you're that worried Covid-19 will get you, what was the point of stocking up the freezer? :-)
:D Expected a proper response from the government mate.
Ain't worried bought another freezer :lol: Don't understand the run on bog roll though you can't eat it
Only need to top up the car and the bikes get a couple of gallon in the can for the Jenny if the power goes off, sorted.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:41 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:13 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Ain't worried bought another freezer :lol: Don't understand the run on bog roll though you can't eat it
Only need to top up the car and the bikes get a couple of gallon in the can for the Jenny if the power goes off, sorted.
Baffling to say the least, unless the corner shop entrepeneurs are intending making a killing selling them.Or as someone commented last night" A house full of them won't have the slightest effect on much (unless diaoreagh is imminent)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:24 am

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Don't want to worry you unduly, but the bog rolls are so you can build a wall with them round your house. It's well known that walls are good at keeping things out. :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:32 am

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
What is it you want or wanted them to do? I'm no fan of our government but I think they've done pretty much the right thing so far.

You can't stop this virus - its just a case of slowing it down. Likelihood is most people in UK will eventually get it one way or another.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:36 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:32 am
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
What is it you want or wanted them to do? I'm no fan of our government but I think they've done pretty much the right thing so far.

You can't stop this virus - its just a case of slowing it down. Likelihood is most people in UK will eventually get it one way or another.
Well being most of the spreaders came from two sources, China and Italy stopping flights in testing anyone returning from these places and quarantine for those who failed would have been a good start. There is enough military barracks sitting empty that could pressed into action to store the infected. Frankly under these circumstances all rights to travel etc should be suspended, look at the stupid Italian youth still having large gatherings in the evenings or idiot Irainians heading off for a jolly because schools and Uni's are closed.
Not time to panic but practise care and prepare for the worst case senerio. Food won't go off, at best means no shopping for a few weeks once this dies down

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:06 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:36 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:32 am
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Well being most of the spreaders came from two sources, China and Italy stopping flights in testing anyone returning from these places and quarantine for those who failed would have been a good start. There is enough military barracks sitting empty that could pressed into action to store the infected. Frankly under these circumstances all rights to travel etc should be suspended, look at the stupid Italian youth still having large gatherings in the evenings or idiot Irainians heading off for a jolly because schools and Uni's are closed.
Not time to panic but practise care and prepare for the worst case senerio. Food won't go off, at best means no shopping for a few weeks once this dies down
The tests take about 48 hours to give a result and aren't 100% accurate. So how long are you holding thousands and thousands people for and where? And then what do you do with them? And what about people travelling from elsewhere in the world but who have been to an affected region? How do you track hundreds of thousands of people. And British people coming back home. And you have to do the same for Tenerife, and now Spain and Germany and France and the USA all of which have native spreading viral cases. Also by the time we knew there was a breakout in Italy it would already by too late.

I don't think any of those measures would work, be effective and would cause huge disruption.

You cannot stop the virus spreading round the world - its impossible. Viruses spread in 1918 even when countries completely locked down - so now with the travel - impossible.

All we can do is try and spread out the infections to slow down the strain on the NHS. We're getting it and have been as soon as the infection rate was determined in China. Best thing is sensible measures like "stay at home if you have any symptoms" - which is a measure to be introduced soon.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:47 am

Work have just made me cancel next Monday's meeting in Sweden. That means I get to go and watch The Who? at the Nynex and catch it there instead. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:04 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:47 am
Work have just made me cancel next Monday's meeting in Sweden. That means I get to go and watch The Who? at the Nynex and catch it there instead. :)
Best off getting it early - that way if you are one of the unlucky 18% to get it bad enough to need hospital treatment there will still be a bed for you.

And if you're in the "lucky" 82% then you've had it and can get on with your life for a while and laugh at those morons stockpiling loo roll!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:18 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:04 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:47 am
Best off getting it early - that way if you are one of the unlucky 18% to get it bad enough to need hospital treatment there will still be a bed for you.

And if you're in the "lucky" 82% then you've had it and can get on with your life for a while and laugh at those morons stockpiling loo roll!
Called in Rammy Morrison's on the way home last night. The bog roll section looked like it had been stripped by locusts. The woman in front of me at the checkout had two of those containers (12 rolls each?) that come with their own handles.
Why bog rolls? Over half the world doesn't use them in the first place. If the worst came to the worst then I have a perfectly good shower.
May the bridges I burn light your way