General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24574
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:53 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:50 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:07 am
Great response from Hoover Customer Store, to my query I raised with them. My 5 years of Latin study didn't help much.

Gentile Worthy4England,

la ringraziamo per aver contattato il Servizio Clienti Hoover Store Online.

La sua richiesta è stata inoltrata all'ufficio di competenza, riceverà una risposta alle sue domande quanto prima.

Per ulteriori informazioni non esiti a contattarci, saremo più che lieti di aiutarti

Cordialmente,
Gentile? I always thought you were Jewish. No wonder you request had to be forwarded to a competent office.
Did you have a tip off?

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12747
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:57 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:53 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:50 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:07 am
Great response from Hoover Customer Store, to my query I raised with them. My 5 years of Latin study didn't help much.

Gentile Worthy4England,

la ringraziamo per aver contattato il Servizio Clienti Hoover Store Online.

La sua richiesta è stata inoltrata all'ufficio di competenza, riceverà una risposta alle sue domande quanto prima.

Per ulteriori informazioni non esiti a contattarci, saremo più che lieti di aiutarti

Cordialmente,
Gentile? I always thought you were Jewish. No wonder you request had to be forwarded to a competent office.
Did you have a tip off?
If so it was clearly wrong as the Italian Client Service Division of Hoover EU have outed you as the infamous Gentile Worthy. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36486
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:50 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:07 am
Great response from Hoover Customer Store, to my query I raised with them. My 5 years of Latin study didn't help much.

Gentile Worthy4England,

la ringraziamo per aver contattato il Servizio Clienti Hoover Store Online.

La sua richiesta è stata inoltrata all'ufficio di competenza, riceverà una risposta alle sue domande quanto prima.

Per ulteriori informazioni non esiti a contattarci, saremo più che lieti di aiutarti

Cordialmente,
Festinabimus :oyea:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7574
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:39 pm

A tad traumatised by the fact that mini gooner boy (Age 10) has signed Christiano Ronaldo for Arsenal on fifa. Even the sight of him computer generated in an Arsenal shirt makes me shudder. Can’t think of many players I’d least like to see representing us as good as he may be. Who would you hate to see in Bolton White?!

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8595
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:25 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:39 pm
A tad traumatised by the fact that mini gooner boy (Age 10) has signed Christiano Ronaldo for Arsenal on fifa. Even the sight of him computer generated in an Arsenal shirt makes me shudder. Can’t think of many players I’d least like to see representing us as good as he may be. Who would you hate to see in Bolton White?!
Crellin :D

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7574
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:45 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:25 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:39 pm
A tad traumatised by the fact that mini gooner boy (Age 10) has signed Christiano Ronaldo for Arsenal on fifa. Even the sight of him computer generated in an Arsenal shirt makes me shudder. Can’t think of many players I’d least like to see representing us as good as he may be. Who would you hate to see in Bolton White?!
Crellin :D
:D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24574
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:26 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:39 pm
A tad traumatised by the fact that mini gooner boy (Age 10) has signed Christiano Ronaldo for Arsenal on fifa. Even the sight of him computer generated in an Arsenal shirt makes me shudder. Can’t think of many players I’d least like to see representing us as good as he may be. Who would you hate to see in Bolton White?!
Aside from the parenting question this raises :-) Ronaldo would do it for me too. I'd consider putting them up for adoption.

Bizarrely enough, the others would tend to be people who left Bolton "for better places"...I don't generally mind players going to other Clubs, but you don't have to look so delighted about it in interviews....See you, Jason McAteer.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20708
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:49 am

Before my time but surely Stubbs worse than McAteer on that front?! Watch this f*cking space.

Maybe it's footballers who wink.

I think the morality question is a tough one, once you get into that where do you draw the line? But Ched Evans would've been a tough one to swallow.

Then it's shithouses, and those who've played for rivals. Robbie Savage (not, not that one) ticks both columns.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7574
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:50 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:26 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:39 pm
A tad traumatised by the fact that mini gooner boy (Age 10) has signed Christiano Ronaldo for Arsenal on fifa. Even the sight of him computer generated in an Arsenal shirt makes me shudder. Can’t think of many players I’d least like to see representing us as good as he may be. Who would you hate to see in Bolton White?!
Aside from the parenting question this raises :-) Ronaldo would do it for me too. I'd consider putting them up for adoption.

Bizarrely enough, the others would tend to be people who left Bolton "for better places"...I don't generally mind players going to other Clubs, but you don't have to look so delighted about it in interviews....See you, Jason McAteer.
Ha. I had no knowledge of it. I don’t tend to watch him play because :zzz:.

I always hoped my kids would grown up as football fans. Of the twins, my daughter - 10, will never miss a game we go to, watch us on tv and can tell you the offside rule and youngest, age 5, who isn’t really into it in a big way yet and will quite often just say he supports random teams to wind us up did Insist on going in full Arsenal kit today to school for Children in need (insert your own joke there...) but Jack (Who got a playstation and fifa for his recent birthday) takes it to a whole new level. He’s like I was as a teenager. Match of the day magazine subscription, plays for the village team, it’s all he watches on tv, all he talks about. Over the years I have become less interested in football in general and more just Arsenal, but Jack is a proper football geek. Tbh as boring as he can be at times “which IS your 5th favourite football team Mummy?” I’m thrilled. Can think of far worse things for kids to obsess about and it will give us an interest in common which will hopefully span his Childhood and teenage years, something to do together, to talk about. Football is great like that. Obviously if he came out as a spurs fan in later life he’d be shown the door though.

And yes, I’m with you on certain players that have left Worthy. Some - Ramsey, Wilshere etc to name a few recent ones would always be welcome back at The Emirates. Not so much RVP, Adebayor, Sanchez...

I liked Jason McAteer! :oops:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24574
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:57 am

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:49 am
Before my time but surely Stubbs worse than McAteer on that front?! Watch this f*cking space.

Maybe it's footballers who wink.

I think the morality question is a tough one, once you get into that where do you draw the line? But Ched Evans would've been a tough one to swallow.

Then it's shithouses, and those who've played for rivals. Robbie Savage (not, not that one) ticks both columns.
Yup Stubbs was in the same bracket, absolutely. McAteer was grinning like a fcuking Cheshire cat. So that's the pair of them.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36486
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:07 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:39 pm
Who would you hate to see in Bolton White?!
Any 4ucker that rolls his socks over his knees.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7574
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:07 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:39 pm
Who would you hate to see in Bolton White?!
Any 4ucker that rolls his socks over his knees.
What about if he wears them round his ankles like Grealish does?!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3012
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:44 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:37 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:07 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:39 pm
Who would you hate to see in Bolton White?!
Any 4ucker that rolls his socks over his knees.
What about if he wears them round his ankles like Grealish does?!

Him too. Wearing an Alice band also puts him in the club! I really can’t stand the brummie prick

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7574
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:22 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:44 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:37 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:07 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:39 pm
Who would you hate to see in Bolton White?!
Any 4ucker that rolls his socks over his knees.
What about if he wears them round his ankles like Grealish does?!

Him too. Wearing an Alice band also puts him in the club! I really can’t stand the brummie prick
Don’t hold back Bond. Tell us what you really think...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24574
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:28 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:22 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:44 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:37 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:07 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:39 pm
Who would you hate to see in Bolton White?!
Any 4ucker that rolls his socks over his knees.
What about if he wears them round his ankles like Grealish does?!

Him too. Wearing an Alice band also puts him in the club! I really can’t stand the brummie prick
Don’t hold back Bond. Tell us what you really think...
I think he's trying to say perfect for Arsenal. ;-)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20708
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:51 pm

I fecking love Grealish. Joy to see an English footballer who always always wanted the ball. I mean he's clearly thick as feck and looks ridiculous but what a player.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7574
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:08 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:51 pm
I fecking love Grealish. Joy to see an English footballer who always always wanted the ball. I mean he's clearly thick as feck and looks ridiculous but what a player.
Tore us apart last weekend. I can see why they put 7 past Liverpool. Decent team.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3012
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:59 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:22 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:44 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:37 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:07 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:39 pm
Who would you hate to see in Bolton White?!
Any 4ucker that rolls his socks over his knees.
What about if he wears them round his ankles like Grealish does?!

Him too. Wearing an Alice band also puts him in the club! I really can’t stand the brummie prick
Don’t hold back Bond. Tell us what you really think...

I really, really don’t like him. Does it show? 🤔 I’m sure that he gives a shit.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36486
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:44 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:37 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:07 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:39 pm
Who would you hate to see in Bolton White?!
Any 4ucker that rolls his socks over his knees.
What about if he wears them round his ankles like Grealish does?!

I'm OK with that. A little before your time but Dave Thomas used to play with his socks round his ankles, and he was one of the best wingers I've ever seen. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24574
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:51 am

Did he wear shin pads?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 43 guests