General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Beefheart » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
The birthday & Christmas cancel each other out, so you celebrate neither.
I suggest you spend the day lying on the sofa watching the Die Hard movies back to back.
Once upon a time it was Wonderful Life on Christmas Day, then A Christmas Carol (in one of its many forms) then several years of Jason and the Argonauts, then several more of Zulu...and now Die Hard? (Mind, you can usually find Wonderful Life, a Scroogy and Miracle on 34th Street if you look hard enough). :wink:
By look hard enough I assume you mean 'turn your tv on at any point during December'.

A tip for those (like my dad) who prefer the Alastair Simm version of A Christmas Carol but can't stand the colourised version, just alter the contrast on your TV. Instant black and white!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:00 pm

Beefheart wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
I suggest you spend the day lying on the sofa watching the Die Hard movies back to back.
Once upon a time it was Wonderful Life on Christmas Day, then A Christmas Carol (in one of its many forms) then several years of Jason and the Argonauts, then several more of Zulu...and now Die Hard? (Mind, you can usually find Wonderful Life, a Scroogy and Miracle on 34th Street if you look hard enough). :wink:
By look hard enough I assume you mean 'turn your tv on at any point during December'.

A tip for those (like my dad) who prefer the Alastair Simm version of A Christmas Carol but can't stand the colourised version, just alter the contrast on your TV. Instant black and white!
You absolute "humbug!" How dare you dismiss such classics. I'll have you know I watched The Golden Compass last night. :lol:

ps. Natalie Wood was the little girl in the original Miracle on 34th Street. Just thought I'd mention it. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

You absolute "humbug!" How dare you dismiss such classics. I'll have you know I watched The Golden Compass last night. :lol:

ps. Natalie Wood was the little girl in the original Miracle on 34th Street. Just thought I'd mention it. :wink:
I wasn't dismissing them! I'm just saying they are on a lot at that time of the year.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:39 am

Ethics. If you knew someone who had a spare return train ticket to london every week, and they offered it to you in exchange for you paying for the taxi to and from manc, thus saving you a few quid on train fare but him travelling completely free - would you consider him a bit of a tight bastard?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:24 am

No.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:59 am

Yes. He could share the love. Over time it would grate.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:40 am

its grating.

im almost tempted to sack of the arrangement out of spite.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Hmmm. Just got home to see that the gardener's been. On the 4th November. That's bordering on taking the piss, is it not?
May the bridges I burn light your way

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Hmmm. Just got home to see that the gardener's been. On the 4th November. That's bordering on taking the piss, is it not?
I cut my lawn only last week and I suspect I may have to give it another trim before winter arrives.

If he does more than cut your lawn then I think it is certainly justified. There is always something to do before winter (unless your garden is very small then he is probably taking the piss).
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:20 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Hmmm. Just got home to see that the gardener's been. On the 4th November. That's bordering on taking the piss, is it not?
I cut my lawn only last week and I suspect I may have to give it another trim before winter arrives.

If he does more than cut your lawn then I think it is certainly justified. There is always something to do before winter (unless your garden is very small then he is probably taking the piss).
To be fair, he's cut both lawns, done all the edges, turned over all the soil and shifted all the leaves that had blown on from the adjacent woods. Go on then, I'll pay him. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:27 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
malcd1 wrote:

To be fair, he's cut both lawns, done all the edges, turned over all the soil and shifted all the leaves that had blown on from the adjacent woods. Go on then, I'll pay him. :D
Jolly decent of you!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:07 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... rs-it.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This will throw up some interesting results

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:17 pm

Hoboh wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... rs-it.html
This will throw up some interesting results
Wibble.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:56 pm

The chances of me trusting anything the Daily Mail have to say on health or science are pretty f*cking low, I have to say.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:49 pm

↑↑↑ I read that to the tune of 'War of the Worlds'
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:15 pm

RAther him than me :shock:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/mediam ... e-anaconda" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:21 pm

All fun and games for presumably everyone except the anaconda. Can't see them getting him out by trying to make it sick.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:38 pm

I did wonder whether the Discovery Channel has just gone in for killing animals for tv ratings.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:45 pm

Prufrock wrote:All fun and games for presumably everyone except the anaconda. Can't see them getting him out by trying to make it sick.
Yeah. They have human rights don't they ??

"snakesRus" should sue.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:39 pm

Ha! Seriously though, hunting down and then killing an animal for what looks like a Uni Rugby initiation gotten out of hand seems a bit, well, dickish!