General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:02 am

boltonboris wrote:And before anybody says "how would they know she was Estonian / Eastern European"

This is an ITK FACT YHIHF

134% of all cleaners in Britain are Eastern European or African. Don't even try disputing it
Well our two are Phillipino ... and I have installed heating in the garage now so they've nothing to complain about really.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:28 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
boltonboris wrote:And before anybody says "how would they know she was Estonian / Eastern European"

This is an ITK FACT YHIHF

134% of all cleaners in Britain are Eastern European or African. Don't even try disputing it
Well our two are Phillipino ... and I have installed heating in the garage now so they've nothing to complain about really.
I told you not to try FFS
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:51 pm

For anyone who might want to call the BBC biased, here's some reporting from the North Korean state press. I found it rather amusing...

http://rodong.rep.kp./en/index.php?strP ... 09-21-0008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://rodong.rep.kp./en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's some crackers in there.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:01 am

Boooo. Unfair. Victimisation

BBC News: Lurking clown arrested in Kentucky woods near apartments
Lurking clown arrested in Kentucky woods near apartments -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37455073" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:30 pm

I missed the match yesterday as I accompanied NMB to the wedding of her mate. Sat in the ceremony room at the venue in deepest, darkest Lancashire, there were around 30 empty seats in a room of around a hundred people. One of the empty seats was next to me and a big bloke wandered up and asked if he could take the seat. Bit random as he'd walked past loads of empty seats, but hey, I'm a sociable bloke, so he sat down.

We got chatting and I asked here he was from. "A place called Skipton" he said, "Have you heard of it"? Resisting the temptation to tell him I'm not as thick as he looked, I answered "Know it? I'm getting married there in a few months".

He gave me a strange look and asked when. He looked a bit taken aback when I answered and then asked for my name. "Bijou Bob" says I (Sorry, it's Sunday, I've gone all Poldark on you there).

Turns out, his wife is a new registrar in Skipton and the first marriage ceremony she'll ever perform........is mine.

Coincidence?? Freaked the feck out of me! :shock:
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:07 pm

How were you intending to blag the "not as thick as you look" part? :twisted:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:25 pm

With some difficulty.........had he not been a Yorkshireman.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:41 am

In a sad case of reap what you sow, I'd been trying to get number 1 son into music...showing him how to use my gear (mainly electronic). Request last night - you know my birthday is coming up? I wanna bass guitar please...

The missus will be delighted.

:hang:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:37 pm

Wife's off for a trip to Bolton Hospital for a new knee tomorrow. Half of her is pleased and half dreading the op. All of me is with the second part and the dog won't understand the fuss. Here's hoping all goes well...... :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Wife's off for a trip to Bolton Hospital for a new knee tomorrow. Half of her is pleased and half dreading the op. All of me is with the second part and the dog won't understand the fuss. Here's hoping all goes well...... :|
You need to remember, Tango, that the people operating on your wife carry out this sort of surgery on a daily basis. Perfectly understand your anxiety but I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Wife's off for a trip to Bolton Hospital for a new knee tomorrow. Half of her is pleased and half dreading the op. All of me is with the second part and the dog won't understand the fuss. Here's hoping all goes well...... :|
You need to remember, Tango, that the people operating on your wife carry out this sort of surgery on a daily basis. Perfectly understand your anxiety but I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine. ;)
My worry isn't really the op Bruce, I agree it's commonplace to the staff, but the anaeshetic. If she (at her age) is okay with a local, fine, if not the alternative is some sort of freezing /spinal thing where she'll be awake and hearing things if feeling nothing. She's not sure she can cope with that.That's the worry bit.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:33 pm

Best of luck to her Tango.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:50 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Best of luck to her Tango.
Thanks L.E, I'm sure she'll be fine.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
My worry isn't really the op Bruce, I agree it's commonplace to the staff, but the anaeshetic. If she (at her age) is okay with a local, fine, if not the alternative is some sort of freezing /spinal thing where she'll be awake and hearing things if feeling nothing. She's not sure she can cope with that.That's the worry bit.
Ah, I see. You've taught me something there. This big wuss always insists on being knocked out when they start having a mooch around in me. I wish her all the very best, Tango.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Ah, I see. You've taught me something there. This big wuss always insists on being knocked out when they start having a mooch around in me. I wish her all the very best, Tango.
Thanks, although I'm not sure she's joking when she say no local, no op and she'll get dressed and come home. Fingers crossed, although just me and the dog for three days ain't too delightful a thought as all he knows is eat, sleep, play and go for walks. :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:00 pm

Fingers crossed it all goes well Tango.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:59 pm

hope all goes well Tango x

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:26 pm

Thanks all for the wishes. Appreciated.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:34 pm

Good luck, Mrs T. I'm sure it will be an epidural (if not a general), but not a local for that op - maybe she should listen to music on whatever device you have if she is conscious throughout...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:35 pm

All the best for the wife, TANGO. You can tell her to stop worrying. I'm not all that much younger than she and had both my eyes 'replaced' a few months ago and was a little concerned prior to the first operation. It went like a dream for the first time - to the point that I looked forward to the second. Of course I didn't have to worry about rehabilitation afterwards, but that's a different matter altogether. I suspect you'll be a nursemaid for a while so I'll wish you well too. :)