General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:28 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:47 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:43 am
It's another large area of green belt with some lovely public footpaths and woodland that'll be lost forever. They can shove the Ryder cup up their collective arses.
I went on Cub's camp to Hulton Park when I was a kid. I'd love to go back there for a wander round but the current owner denies the public access. I'll just have to look forward to playing 18 holes on it instead then. ;)
There's still quite a lot of it open to public access and some ancient woodland that was even quiet during lockdown.

If it gets Ryder cup status I can't imagine I'll be able to afford hacking my way round 18 holes on there.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:32 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:28 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
It's another large area of green belt with some lovely public footpaths and woodland that'll be lost forever. They can shove the Ryder cup up their collective arses.
I went on Cub's camp to Hulton Park when I was a kid. I'd love to go back there for a wander round but the current owner denies the public access. I'll just have to look forward to playing 18 holes on it instead then. ;)
There's still quite a lot of it open to public access and some ancient woodland that was even quiet during lockdown.

If it gets Ryder cup status I can't imagine I'll be able to afford hacking my way round 18 holes on there.
Which bits are open HG? My parents live (relatively) close by and I'd always assumed it was all private land. If there's some public then I'd like to explore when I come back and visit.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:43 am

KeyserSoze wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:32 am

Which bits are open HG? My parents live (relatively) close by and I'd always assumed it was all private land. If there's some public then I'd like to explore when I come back and visit.
Me too.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:20 am

Access is off Manchester Road behind a rehab unit on the left hand side as you approach Chequerbent roundabout. Walks across the fields there take you to Atherton, Four lane ends or as far as Hall Lee Bank park at Westhoughton. The latter may be a bit more difficult now due to the houses they've started building off Platt Lane.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:41 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:28 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Don’t worry, theres a pitch and putt in the Bolton market place that little Miss GG would be keen to beat you on next time we are up! :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:49 pm

Some company asking me to give feedback on Amazon purchase.

"If it is a negative comment, you can help us click the “Report abuse” button.
If it is a positive comment, then click the “Helpful” button."

Got to admire how they're dealing with negative comments! Kudos.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:00 pm

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:02 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:00 pm
A truly historical moment in time:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60239105
Love that.

Possibly the most understated sentence of all time;

"Shackleton goes to South Georgia for help"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:34 pm

Who Are Ya? 9 3/8

👤🟢⚪⚪⚪⬇️
👤⚪⚪⚪⚪⬇️
🙎‍♂️🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢

https://missing11.com/who-are-ya/

Guess the footballer. Read the instructions carefully! Top tip! Use the surname. I would have had it in 2, but his name wasn’t shown when I typed in his first name. Chuffed with my efforts though!

Oops! Meant to post this on the Wordle thread!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:59 pm

On the subject of owing people money. Just got a text off a mate saying are you still in the lottery syndicate. Not seen him since before COVID! That'll be a few quick then! :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:59 pm
On the subject of owing people money. Just got a text off a mate saying are you still in the lottery syndicate. Not seen him since before COVID! That'll be a few quick then! :-)
They might have won and he's sounding you out. 😉

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:43 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:26 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:59 pm
They might have won and he's sounding you out. 😉
He's not txt me back yet back, when I asked what the tab was....

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:11 pm

ASI828277 wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:04 am
Well I found out this morning that a uni pal of mine passed away in the early hours. I hadn't seen her for a year or so but we were good mates in a past life. She was in her 40's. Had spoken to her on the phone last in January. But she'd texted me a week or two back to say she had a bit of cough - she was joking around about it. Hadn't heard anything since. She has two youngish kids. Heartbreaking.
Good
Wtf? :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:44 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:11 pm
ASI828277 wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Well I found out this morning that a uni pal of mine passed away in the early hours. I hadn't seen her for a year or so but we were good mates in a past life. She was in her 40's. Had spoken to her on the phone last in January. But she'd texted me a week or two back to say she had a bit of cough - she was joking around about it. Hadn't heard anything since. She has two youngish kids. Heartbreaking.
Good
Wtf? :conf:
He just got a permanent ban. Sorry that got through.

zahidqureshi8519
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by zahidqureshi8519 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:36 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:15 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sorry to hear that mate.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:09 pm

Don't forget to put you clocks and watches forward one hour before you go to bed tonight...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:09 pm
Don't forget to put you clocks and watches forward one hour before you go to bed tonight...
Mother’s Day and I lost an hour of sleep. Grumble grumble.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:25 am

I see that nation of people who settle minor disputes with semi-automatic machine guns is now up in arms because one guy slapped another for taking the piss out of his wife's medical condition. Once again, the two words which can have me believe absolutely anything are 'In America'.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:43 pm

^^ They didn't even manage the phrase "Yo mama"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:25 am
I see that nation of people who settle minor disputes with semi-automatic machine guns is now up in arms because one guy slapped another for taking the piss out of his wife's medical condition. Once again, the two words which can have me believe absolutely anything are 'In America'.
Is it mandatory (especially for women) to wear "look at me" sunglasses at these gatherings of the rich, infamous, media stars and wannabees? I mean, I thought they were for eye protection from sun? I know that's silly of me, but....