General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:59 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:The use of 'flavour' implies it isn't actually cock soup, merely some chemicals to approximate the taste :shock:
I'll leave you to write in and complain. :-)
Best not to complain in these parts :D
Probably best not to complain about those parts too! :D
:D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:39 pm

Car Insurance - generally just hit auto renew because I'm predominantly lazy. Got renewal docs through this morning. £1519 Great British Pounds with 8 years No Claims...

Better look on comparison website - £550 with the addition of my naughty boy speeding offence which the current insurer didn't know about...(so I assume they'd have just increased it even further) - Rang 'em up, they didn't even fcking argue. Just said they'd cancel it forthwith. Robbing bastards. (E-Sure btw were my existing Insurer - been with 'em 10 years)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:19 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Car Insurance - generally just hit auto renew because I'm predominantly lazy. Got renewal docs through this morning. £1519 Great British Pounds with 8 years No Claims...

Better look on comparison website - £550 with the addition of my naughty boy speeding offence which the current insurer didn't know about...(so I assume they'd have just increased it even further) - Rang 'em up, they didn't even fcking argue. Just said they'd cancel it forthwith. Robbing bastards. (E-Sure btw were my existing Insurer - been with 'em 10 years)
Rare a renewal quote or auto renew cannot be, in some cases, considerably cheaper.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Car Insurance - generally just hit auto renew because I'm predominantly lazy. Got renewal docs through this morning. £1519 Great British Pounds with 8 years No Claims...

Most insurers don't care about long term custom now. It's all about hooking in folks with new deals and keeping a certain percentage of the 'lazy' (I'm the same as you) customers on higher rates. They often do this by creeping prices up, and the bam they whack in a huge renewal hoping the customer will just accept it.

Some will if you ring up and say you're leaving negotiate down. Many won't. And some even have quotas for which they will do that sort of deal for.

Just as a cautionary note, technically, not advising them of points on your licence, would invalidate many policies. And likelihood is in effect, you were driving without insurance. Assuming it was a points thing.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:26 pm

^^ I know, ta. :-)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:35 pm

Some humour in all things, even supermarket shopping (not much mind, but a little):
Wife picked up a lettuce on the rounds. At the checkout the girl asked her how much it was as no price was displayed. We hadn't noticed so Santa's (not so little) helper went on a trip to the internet to find out. After about four attempts and a chat on the next till with her oppo, she turned to the wife and said: " How do you spell lettuce" ? Maybe only me found it humourous but... I did.... :lol:

Coming outside, a woman with presumably her aged father ,was hurrying her trolley along with dad clinging on to it. A pack of barm ckes fell off in the rush and daddio managed to kick it about ten feet along the deck. Woman shouted to him to stop, which presumably he didn't hear, and as she bent down to pick up the barms he arrived just in time to give them a second whack for another few feet. It was her face and his total oblivion of it all that set me off....

Well, you always need something to offset the mind-boggling stupidity and bad manners of some folk in supermarkets.. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Most insurers don't care about long term custom now. It's all about hooking in folks with new deals and keeping a certain percentage of the 'lazy' (I'm the same as you) customers on higher rates. They often do this by creeping prices up, and the bam they whack in a huge renewal hoping the customer will just accept it.

Some will if you ring up and say you're leaving negotiate down. Many won't. And some even have quotas for which they will do that sort of deal for.

Just as a cautionary note, technically, not advising them of points on your licence, would invalidate many policies. And likelihood is in effect, you were driving without insurance. Assuming it was a points thing.
You are wrong about insurers not caring about long term customers. Insurers are paying out £120 in claims for every £100 they take in premiums. They offer discounts for new customers but they don't make any money on them. The 'proper' price is the renewal premium.

I am not saying insurers are not to blame for some of the issues. Historically they have paid off claimants rather than fight them in court even when they are likely to win. If court costs could be high as say £10,000 then they would settle at say £3000 out of court. This has created a claims culture that is their own making and so premiums have gone up as a result.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:37 pm

malcd1 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

You are wrong about insurers not caring about long term customers. Insurers are paying out £120 in claims for every £100 they take in premiums. They offer discounts for new customers but they don't make any money on them. The 'proper' price is the renewal premium.

I am not saying insurers are not to blame for some of the issues. Historically they have paid off claimants rather than fight them in court even when they are likely to win. If court costs could be high as say £10,000 then they would settle at say £3000 out of court. This has created a claims culture that is their own making and so premiums have gone up as a result.
Yes, which is basically what I'm saying. They have a model to make money by a certain percentage of customers paying the 'proper' price. Or an overinflated one. But if people ring up to leave over price, they won't always negotiate. Essentially they arent interested in long term custom, in the sense of trying to retain customers with incentives. They need to retain a certain percentage of those who can't be bothered arguing over an inflated price.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:06 pm

Oh that's alright then. "Things will be different when I take over" said Donald Spunktrumpet in relation to the situation between Israel and Palestine. Where exactly does the be-quiffed 4uckhead think that his remit begins and ends? The world needs a decent sniper, and quite quickly at that.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Oh that's alright then. "Things will be different when I take over" said Donald Spunktrumpet in relation to the situation between Israel and Palestine. Where exactly does the be-quiffed 4uckhead think that his remit begins and ends? The world needs a decent sniper, and quite quickly at that.
I can't decide which angers me most;

Obama vetos every resolution against Israel until his last one in office
Trump says he'll be vetoing everything again when he takes power
Netanyahu consider it an outrage that they shouldn't be allowed to continue to build illegal settlements on occupied land, while espousing a '2 state solution'

Meanwhile another year passes without any realistic chance of a Palestinian homeland, & what land they did 'possess' 50 years ago, keeps on shrinking.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:12 pm

Frustrated army commanders are growing increasingly furious with selfie-obsessed newbies constantly posting pictures of their military duty on social media.
The Swiss army has said it has found that new recruits, and most specifically women, are obsessively taking snaps of themselves and posting them to their personal social media accounts.
Says it all about todays 'youth'!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:07 pm

The so-called "youth"!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Frustrated army commanders are growing increasingly furious with selfie-obsessed newbies constantly posting pictures of their military duty on social media.
The Swiss army has said it has found that new recruits, and most specifically women, are obsessively taking snaps of themselves and posting them to their personal social media accounts.
We could easily replace every post you make with 'I don't like people who are different to me'.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
We could easily replace every post you make with 'I don't like people who are different to me'.....
"We", meaning yourself unless you've done an opinion poll, don't need to dismiss everything Hoboh says and you personally don't agree with as nonsense, especially when he's quoting sources. Sometimes he's wrong, sometimes right. What else is new with the world?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
"We", meaning yourself unless you've done an opinion poll, don't need to dismiss everything Hoboh says and you personally don't agree with as nonsense, especially when he's quoting sources. Sometimes he's wrong, sometimes right. What else is new with the world?
He claims his source 'says it all' about today's youth. Do you think the source does in fact 'say it all' or perhaps not? I mean, just curious.

I mean if we applied Hoboh's views to his entire generation it'd be an even more depressing world than it is. Though he'd not like that. Yet he's very happy to write off entire generations with sweeping statements and uninformed views.

Taking selfies is by my estimation far less destructive than many things previous generations have undertaken as 'social actitivties'. Certainly a pretty pointless article to dismiss everyone under 30 with. But hey ho.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:32 pm

Hoboh wrote:
That's not unique to the military though is it? And I'd go as far as to say that this middle aged nice person has probably taken more selfies in Switzerland than anywhere else. What exactly is your point here? Seasonal greetings, by the way :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
That's not unique to the military though is it? And I'd go as far as to say that this middle aged tw*t has probably taken more selfies in Switzerland than anywhere else. What exactly is your point here? Seasonal greetings, by the way :)
I doubt the sole aim of your 'selfies' is to post them on Facebook to make others think how great you are.
God forbid you comment they are crap, safe mode/space needed then, urgently, whilst they weep to sleep.
All the best to you too mate :wink:

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:35 am

Is people's driving always this bad over the holidays?

Just before xmas got scraped while parked by someone who plowed through a few cars then ended up in the river. At the moment it seems like people are all either lost or drunk or both. There was even a pileup on my way to Sainsbury's which meant I had to go to Asda instead.

Madness!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:48 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Is people's driving always this bad over the holidays?

Just before xmas got scraped while parked by someone who plowed through a few cars then ended up in the river. At the moment it seems like people are all either lost or drunk or both. There was even a pileup on my way to Sainsbury's which meant I had to go to Asda instead.

Madness!
No, it's just they are parked up for 7 hours a day on the office carpark and only usually noticeable during peak rush hour times.

Just goes to show what happens when you get folk wandering everywhere. :mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:05 pm

"Your current position in line is 31"....Strange, I had no such wait when you wanted my money, charlatans.