General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 27, 2021 9:01 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:48 am
My understanding of DCs evidence;

Tories 2020/Labour 2021"He's given an honest account"
Tories 2021/Labour 2020 "Who's going to believe this liar?"

Even if only half of its true, it does say to me that we've a complete shit show in No10. No effective opposition in parliament or in the media and it plays right into the hands of Scottish Nationalism. The UK is fooked
The fact is that we all know in the Autumn the need for earlier lockdown was laid out by SAGE alongside projections for what would happen if we didn’t. The fact is we didn’t and knowingly killed tens of thousands of people who otherwise wouldn’t have died.

We can all argue about other stuff and whatever but that’s on the public record. The fact the media only decide this is an issue when Cummings says it speaks to the problems we have as a country. The fact the opposition haven’t absolutely pressed on this for months also as you say speaks volumes. We have a population who want to believe populist lies and it’s all gone very Trumpian.

My great hope has been that any minute the Tories would sack off Boris and his cronies and give Sunak the gig and we could all return to safe, sensible and competent leadership at the very least. I’m worried that we are so far down the well of lies and populist rhetoric that even that isn’t going to happen now.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 27, 2021 10:45 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:48 am
My understanding of DCs evidence;

Tories 2020/Labour 2021"He's given an honest account"
Tories 2021/Labour 2020 "Who's going to believe this liar?"

Even if only half of its true, it does say to me that we've a complete shit show in No10. No effective opposition in parliament or in the media and it plays right into the hands of Scottish Nationalism. The UK is fooked
Well, I hope you're wrong on the Scottish Nationalism front, but suspect you're not.

Right, so this is exactly why I asked the question I asked yesterday, because exactly what you've spelled out above has come to fruition this morning (albeit spoken by Angela Rayner) Cummings' position has gone from (April 21) "no one can trust a word that he says," to him now being taken at his word this morning on the grounds that he "was in the room at the time".

And on the other side, well, Hancock's about to take the floor as I type, but we know full well that we're basically about to get the above in reverse.

All in all though, all of this this is absolutely reinforcing my opinion 1000 fold as to what a nasty, mendacious, conniving, jealous, untrustworthy, risible little c*nt Dominic Cummings is.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 27, 2021 10:47 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:01 am

My great hope has been that any minute the Tories would sack off Boris and his cronies and give Sunak the gig and we could all return to safe, sensible and competent leadership at the very least. I’m worried that we are so far down the well of lies and populist rhetoric that even that isn’t going to happen now.
Agree 100%. Absolutely.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 27, 2021 10:54 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:47 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:01 am

Agree 100%. Absolutely.
This is definitely one of those 'you didn't realise how good you have it moments'. What I'd give for Major/Blair/Cameron even bloody Theresa May to be running the gig now. Its that bad even Gove would be an improvement. I can't believe I've just typed that.

Throughout the whole thing the only person I've had any faith in and thought he knew what the hell he was doing was Sunak. And he didn't gaslight people or bluster round lying through his teeth either. For a long time now I've considered him the only hope.

I like Starmer but he's got a job on to sort out his own party first. Good luck with that....

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu May 27, 2021 11:30 am

Sunak is just another Cameron. An acceptable nice enough bloke with not a whole lot going on behind. Seems good at Instagram, but I've seen nowt else to indicate he'd be a good PM.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu May 27, 2021 11:44 am

There's a real dearth of quality politicians these days, or there certainly seems to be. Going back just 20 years, both parties seemed to have half a dozen potential leaders, nowadays I'm just not seeing it.

Like Insane says, Cameron and even May, looked like a safe pair of hands compared to this lot. Grim
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 27, 2021 12:16 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:30 am
Sunak is just another Cameron. An acceptable nice enough bloke with not a whole lot going on behind. Seems good at Instagram, but I've seen nowt else to indicate he'd be a good PM.
But if he's not a pathological liar its an improvement over what we have got....we're way beyond needing to find someone good to be a huge improvement.....

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu May 27, 2021 12:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:16 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
But if he's not a pathological liar its an improvement over what we have got....we're way beyond needing to find someone good to be a huge improvement.....
Despite not being a fan of the Tories, they have at some candidates with more substance. Hoping for a bit better than Boris isn't going to fix anything.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 27, 2021 1:08 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:28 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:16 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Despite not being a fan of the Tories, they have at some candidates with more substance. Hoping for a bit better than Boris isn't going to fix anything.
Who do you suggest?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 27, 2021 1:57 pm

And here's exactly what I'm talking about. Piers Morgan held a daily vendetta against Cummings after Barnard Castle and called for him to be sacked, a taster being;

"What Dominic Cummings has almost singlehandedly done, is he has destroyed the lockdown. By doing what he did, refusing to even apologise, refusing to admit that anything he did was wrong. Even though none of us could do what he did, at the time that he did it."
"By doing that, he has destroyed the lockdown. He has destroyed trust in the Government. Boris Johnson still stands by him, inexplicably. God knows what Cummings has on Boris Johnson. It must be bad."

However, now here he is attempting to shoehorn his name back into the frame with this volte face number;
'"Wish I was on TV tomorrow morning. The Govt needs torching after this #Cummings testimony... and I'm still technically under contract to present @GMB..."'

So not - Cummings' answers need fact checking first, or any of that business? :conf:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 27, 2021 2:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:57 pm
And here's exactly what I'm talking about. Piers Morgan held a daily vendetta against Cummings after Barnard Castle and called for him to be sacked, a taster being;

"What Dominic Cummings has almost singlehandedly done, is he has destroyed the lockdown. By doing what he did, refusing to even apologise, refusing to admit that anything he did was wrong. Even though none of us could do what he did, at the time that he did it."
"By doing that, he has destroyed the lockdown. He has destroyed trust in the Government. Boris Johnson still stands by him, inexplicably. God knows what Cummings has on Boris Johnson. It must be bad."

However, now here he is attempting to shoehorn his name back into the frame with this volte face number;
'"Wish I was on TV tomorrow morning. The Govt needs torching after this #Cummings testimony... and I'm still technically under contract to present @GMB..."'

So not - Cummings' answers need fact checking first, or any of that business? :conf:
I'm not convinced here that one negates the other in the way you think it does. Cummings did lie and did destroy the lockdown - but he admitted as much yesterday.

Perhaps this is why Boris backed him for fear of something like this? Is there genuinely though anyone in the world less trustworthy than our PM - twice sacked from jobs for demonstrably lying. A video circulates showing him consistently telling lies in parliament. The Hancock today claiming that there are daily tens of thousands of vaccines taking place in Bolton yet his own data shows that is simply a massive porkie....Its Trumptown - just lie and then lie some more and eventually you normalise lying.

All we know is that this government have sunk to lows no British government has ever or will ever come close to and Cummings was a part of that and now seemingly wants to burn it down. If you take Cummings main claim around tens of thousands unnecessary deaths - its all out there - it cannot be denied that the government were told to lockdown in September and didn't and even mocked those who said we needed to and as a result tens of thousands of people died in autumn and winter that had we locked down earlier would not have died then. Whether it was because Boris thought only 80 year olds were dying or because he didn't care or whatever doesn't really matter. It happened on his watch and it is truly astounding the media are only taking them to task for this because Dominic Cummings told them to. And this is my point - Cummings I don't think said much that is even being disputed because majority of his big claims are in public record or were already reported. People just don't want to face it for whatever reason like 70 odd million Americans.

I've just heard this on twitter - and it sums it up entirely. These people deserved better. And for the media to only start because Cummings releases some juicy political gossip is a disgrace.

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1397885626456944640?s=20

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:11 am

Shades of John Cleese attacking a police car... :shock:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19 ... cream-van/
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:59 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:11 am
Shades of John Cleese attacking a police car... :shock:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19 ... cream-van/
Interesting analogy, Tango. I'd say more shades of Glasgow's east end in the 1980's ;)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:02 pm

I see you oldies amongst us are are getting a booster vax this autumn. Hoping for my second here soon. Very happy also with the news that ‘bubbles’ will disappear ASAP. What a waste of time they are at school when kids are all out in different bubbles also at, to name a few of my twins, football, gymnastics, athletics, swimming (club) swimming (lesson) boys brigade and youth group. Also slightly frustrated by the fact I can go and watch other people’s children do sports day, as I did at work this week, but I can’t watch my own. :cry: I know cases are going up but the fact hospitalisations and deaths haven’t rocketed big time surely means that the vaccinations are doing their job and we will just end up treating Covid like the flu? Stay at home if you’re unwell with it, but for others it’s life as normal? It’s not going away so we are going to have to live with it. Roll on the 19th!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:42 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:02 pm
I see you oldies amongst us are are getting a booster vax this autumn. Hoping for my second here soon. Very happy also with the news that ‘bubbles’ will disappear ASAP. What a waste of time they are at school when kids are all out in different bubbles also at, to name a few of my twins, football, gymnastics, athletics, swimming (club) swimming (lesson) boys brigade and youth group. Also slightly frustrated by the fact I can go and watch other people’s children do sports day, as I did at work this week, but I can’t watch my own. :cry: I know cases are going up but the fact hospitalisations and deaths haven’t rocketed big time surely means that the vaccinations are doing their job and we will just end up treating Covid like the flu? Stay at home if you’re unwell with it, but for others it’s life as normal? It’s not going away so we are going to have to live with it. Roll on the 19th!
You remembered my birthday! 😉

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:39 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:42 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Only ever because there’s someone more important the day before!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:57 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:39 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:42 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Only ever because there’s someone more important the day before!
Sorry. You lost me! :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:01 am

First time down to London and an office in 20 months.

Not missed this one bit, the most unproductive use of time. Travel 8 hours for a 2 hour meeting.

Bit apprehensive about train, no chance I'm venturing near tube.

The Marketing Dept might describe the suit as "snug"

Still, pays the Bill's.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:03 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:01 am

Not missed this one bit, the most unproductive use of time. Travel 8 hours for a 2 hour meeting.

Still, pays the Bill's.
My husband had the other extreme yesterday and spent his first day ever wfh as in a new job where they wanted him to. His last job they insisted he was a key worker as handling secure financial information and made him go to the office every day during the pandemic!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:16 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:03 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:01 am

Still, pays the Bill's.
My husband had the other extreme yesterday and spent his first day ever wfh as in a new job where they wanted him to. His last job they insisted he was a key worker as handling secure financial information and made him go to the office every day during the pandemic!
Yeah, we just spent 20 months providing answers to how people could work from home securely, especially where personal/financial data involved. :-)