General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:23 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:18 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:04 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:47 am
Work have just made me cancel next Monday's meeting in Sweden. That means I get to go and watch The Who? at the Nynex and catch it there instead. :)
Best off getting it early - that way if you are one of the unlucky 18% to get it bad enough to need hospital treatment there will still be a bed for you.

And if you're in the "lucky" 82% then you've had it and can get on with your life for a while and laugh at those morons stockpiling loo roll!
Called in Rammy Morrison's on the way home last night. The bog roll section looked like it had been stripped by locusts. The woman in front of me at the checkout had two of those containers (12 rolls each?) that come with their own handles.
Why bog rolls? Over half the world doesn't use them in the first place. If the worst came to the worst then I have a perfectly good shower.
I've literally no idea why anyone is stockpiling anything. Scenarios: In a week government says anyone with any symptoms no matter how slight must stay in isolation for 7 days.

Ok - so you need to isolate - you only need to have supplies if both and and b apply - a) you have no relatives or family members able to drop supplies off should you end up needing to stay at home b) you can't use the internet to order stuff.

A tiny minority of the public - and that minority would likely be in the groups needing hospital care anyway.....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:55 pm

Thinking of doing bidet rentals...Knew I'd find a use sooner or later! :-)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:00 pm

If anyone trys stockpiling bog roll from my shop they'll be told to put it back on the shelf unless they want to pay triple (the extra going to charity). Thankfully no one seems to be trying to stockpile here apart from the folk who shop at Coop.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:02 pm

I went mad this morning. Bought half a pound of wine gums instead of me usual four ounces.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:07 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:02 pm
I went mad this morning. Bought half a pound of wine gums instead of me usual four ounces.
I had you down as a 2 oz of Werthers bloke :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:23 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Work have just made me cancel next Monday's meeting in Sweden. That means I get to go and watch The Who? at the Nynex and catch it there instead. :)
Best off getting it early - that way if you are one of the unlucky 18% to get it bad enough to need hospital treatment there will still be a bed for you.

And if you're in the "lucky" 82% then you've had it and can get on with your life for a while and laugh at those morons stockpiling loo roll!
Called in Rammy Morrison's on the way home last night. The bog roll section looked like it had been stripped by locusts. The woman in front of me at the checkout had two of those containers (12 rolls each?) that come with their own handles.
Why bog rolls? Over half the world doesn't use them in the first place. If the worst came to the worst then I have a perfectly good shower.
I've literally no idea why anyone is stockpiling anything. Scenarios: In a week government says anyone with any symptoms no matter how slight must stay in isolation for 7 days.

Ok - so you need to isolate - you only need to have supplies if both and and b apply - a) you have no relatives or family members able to drop supplies off should you end up needing to stay at home b) you can't use the internet to order stuff.

A tiny minority of the public - and that minority would likely be in the groups needing hospital care anyway.....
I can see distribution isn't one of your strong points.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:57 pm

All right Captain Don't Panic Just Declare Martial Law :lol:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:27 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:03 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:23 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I can see distribution isn't one of your strong points.
Supplies of basics like loo rolls are absolutely not constrained. People need to get a grip.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:52 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:57 pm
All right Captain Don't Panic Just Declare Martial Law :lol:
Coming to something when former Eastern block countries are taking far better proactive precautions than us!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:52 pm

I see Harvey has progressed from a zimmer frame to a wheelchair for sentencing. You couldn't make it up.

By the time he appeals, he'll be in a fcuking urn.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:52 pm
I see Harvey has progressed from a zimmer frame to a wheelchair for sentencing. You couldn't make it up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 am

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... hemisphere

This seems to be government policy in a few places, looks like cross your fingers time.

And reading this appears to confirm allowing people back or from China and Italy with no checks or restrictions wasn't exactly the smartest idea.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... f-covid-19

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:25 pm

You don't want to believe anything that's written in the Guardian. Full of Remoaner Luvvies.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:25 pm
You don't want to believe anything that's written in the Guardian. Full of Remoaner Luvvies.
Brexiteer 2015-2019 - We don't want any of these foreign experts telling us what to do. We're British. We govern ourselves and make our own decisions and we're better than them.

Brexiteer 2020 - FFS Boris look what the Eyetalians, Irish, Romanians and Chinese are doing. Stop listening to British experts and do what the rest of the countries are doing - they know better.......

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:53 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Brexiteer 2015-2019 - We don't want any of these foreign experts telling us what to do. We're British. We govern ourselves and make our own decisions and we're better than them.

Brexiteer 2020 - FFS Boris look what the Eyetalians, Irish, Romanians and Chinese are doing. Stop listening to British experts and do what the rest of the countries are doing - they know better.......
No you tool, Common sense tells you that letting people wander about Willy nilly will spread things, unfortunately it looks like the horse has bolted in some places.
Are you one of the it's only a flu and only kills the elderly types because you'd better wake up. A British doctor in Italy has said it ain't just the old dying they just get it quicker. The government would do well to act don't forget all the scientists who told us the UK would be like the Costa del sol 30 years ago.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:59 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:40 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:53 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

No you tool, Common sense tells you that letting people wander about Willy nilly will spread things, unfortunately it looks like the horse has bolted in some places.
Are you one of the it's only a flu and only kills the elderly types because you'd better wake up. A British doctor in Italy has said it ain't just the old dying they just get it quicker. The government would do well to act don't forget all the scientists who told us the UK would be like the Costa del sol 30 years ago.
You can't stop it spreading. A vaccine is 18 months away - are you suggesting we lock down the world till then? The Chinese have slowed it down but when they re-open cities the chances are it will be back.

The problem is you seem to think there is an action that can stop this - there isn't. So the balance is taking extreme action to slow it - but how long are you doing that for?

I'm not saying we have got it right or anyone else - just the irony of you wanting us to follow other governments is a bit rich. End of the day we're an outlier now so either Boris is a hero or he's going to leave a trail of bodies behind him. We'll see. I think it might be the end of Trump.

As for death rates yes it kills all ages apart from under 10's it seems. BUT under 30's have a 0.2% death rate compared to 15% for over 80's. Still if a million people get infected thats a lot of under 30's dying. But I guess its a bloodbath in older populations.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:25 pm

You can slow it down but not by mass gatherings or people carrying on as if there is no threat, it's only the flu etc. etc.
Areas have to be managed, some folk isolated but the current set up is going to fail big time, the I'm okay Jack, no symptoms, carry on as normal ain't going to self isolate unless there are serious consequences for them are one danger that cannot be ignored, the sheer stupidity of some others as well.
Vaccine for this will be here before 18 months it is concentrating minds and money somewhat.
But your stupidity in calling people who wanted out of your wet dream European globalist society are being proved right, mass movement kills and that's before the bunch on the Greek border awaiting Merkels call get in!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:13 pm

Arteta has Corona virus now, I guess from the Olympiacos chairman. Our match against Brighton will have to be cancelled Saturday but surely the FA will cancel the weekends other matches tomorrow despite the statement today? 3 Leicester players suspected with it too?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:39 pm

Daughter called in Home Bargains today; first thing she saw was empty toilet roll shelves. Seems the myth has legs amongst the citizens.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:09 am

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:37 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I saw a tweet asking people to refer to him as a rapist, not a disgraced former film producer. They added "it's not like we call Peter Sutcliffe a disgraced former lorry driver". :grin: