General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:44 am

The people at Aviva seem very nice. They send me e-mails offering to put family members on my car insurance ( even though I no longer drive and haven't owned a car for seven years). They are never late at removing my monthly premiums and regularly notify me in good time of their intentions of putting up my premiums. They send updated small-print documents by e'mail now, which if I could be bothered to wade through, seem to make jolly fine changes to help me and I only have to pay the first hundred pounds of any claim myself. All in all, they seem nice friendly chaps and chapesses. Mind you, I've never actually made a claim and must have donated quite a fair amount of money over for which they seem very grateful. I suppose I could have replaced most of the contents in my home for less then I've paid them but it's nice knowing they're on my team and that I'm sure if I do claim they will pay out quite happily because we're such good friends....... :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:23 am

what's a handicap pole?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:53 am

thebish wrote:what's a handicap pole?

Not sure, but I bet Hobo will be upset if he's over here claiming benefits.........

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:54 am

Beat me to it!
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:38 am

Anyone on here may be caught up if this goes through?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/tax ... li=BBoPOOl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:48 am

Such a nice place Scotland.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/he ... li=BBoPOOl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
While Scotland dominated the bottom
Well no, not really, it's the pits. Let them go independent, save us all a fortune and cost the EU big time like another Bulgaria, Romania etc. if they ever allowed them to join. :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:36 am

Hoboh wrote:Such a nice place Scotland.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/he ... li=BBoPOOl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
While Scotland dominated the bottom
Well no, not really, it's the pits. Let them go independent, save us all a fortune and cost the EU big time like another Bulgaria, Romania etc. if they ever allowed them to join. :lol:
" New parents should consider selling up and moving to Hertfordshire, according a new study which has just named the county the UK’s best place to raise a family".

Jane Austen could have told them that 200 years ago.... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:16 pm

Hoboh wrote:Anyone on here may be caught up if this goes through?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/tax ... li=BBoPOOl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not sure what the news is here. Company cars are a BiK and we pay tax on the perceived benefit (in my case on circa £10K PA) at the going rate.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:31 pm

be safe out there...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:47 am

Regarding Insurance again .... because it's IAG & they sponsored Stretford for years I have a natural tendency to wish them ill. But get a cuppa, a couple of Hob-Nobs and take a look at this :-

Dull headline. Incredible story.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/838 ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:05 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Regarding Insurance again .... because it's IAG & they sponsored Stretford for years I have a natural tendency to wish them ill. But get a cuppa, a couple of Hob-Nobs and take a look at this :-

Dull headline. Incredible story.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/838 ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:shock: wow! There's a bloody good book/documentary in there alright!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:26 pm

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:47 am

I see that London City Airport has been shut down since 6am due to a few Black Lives Matter protesters. They apparently have a beef that climate change adversely affects black people. Weird thing is, looking at the photo on Twitter, the protesters all appear to be white. I'm not usually in favour of violence, but I do think that in this day and age, anyone who breaches an airport fence and heads towards an aeroplane should at least get a damn good tasering, if not shot for their efforts.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:53 am

Bijou Bob wrote:I see that London City Airport has been shut down since 6am due to a few Black Lives Matter protesters. They apparently have a beef that climate change adversely affects black people. Weird thing is, looking at the photo on Twitter, the protesters all appear to be white. I'm not usually in favour of violence, but I do think that in this day and age, anyone who breaches an airport fence and heads towards an aeroplane should at least get a damn good tasering, if not shot for their efforts.

depending on how you define "black" - then it is certainly the case that climate change will dispropotionately affect black people - largely because they are also disproportionately poor. As for what's going on at City Airport or who "Black Lives Matter" are - I have no idea. I am fairly sure that you don't have to BE the focus of a campaign itself to be part of a campaign...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:09 pm

it's almost worth it...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:23 pm

Brilliant.. In all seriousness, is that the house where the nutter on Alan Partridge lives, who has all his pictures?

If you know, you know
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:33 pm

thebish wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I see that London City Airport has been shut down since 6am due to a few Black Lives Matter protesters. They apparently have a beef that climate change adversely affects black people. Weird thing is, looking at the photo on Twitter, the protesters all appear to be white. I'm not usually in favour of violence, but I do think that in this day and age, anyone who breaches an airport fence and heads towards an aeroplane should at least get a damn good tasering, if not shot for their efforts.

depending on how you define "black" - then it is certainly the case that climate change will dispropotionately affect black people - largely because they are also disproportionately poor. As for what's going on at City Airport or who "Black Lives Matter" are - I have no idea. I am fairly sure that you don't have to BE the focus of a campaign itself to be part of a campaign...
From the one I heard interviewed it was more an anti-capitalist thing, droning on about how people who use LCA earn £130K PA whereas the people of Newham get pelted with turds and should think themselves lucky. That sort of thing.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:42 pm

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:58 pm

Haha.. Similar!