General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:53 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:45 am
It's very difficult to say without knowing what it is you disagree with.
Why? The very reason you need to ask means you either haven't read my post or can't just accept my right to disagree if I feel the need to. I was answering a statement, not making one. Since it seems you want to present a case for the defence (against what, I'm not quite sure?)..so, my reason is that a man/person like the editor of a daily newspaper can use their position and public facility to flagrantly promote their personal trendings as if people must make it some sort of priority. " We all need to come together to celebrate Bolton Pride 2022' " ...No, I don't need to do that, not at all. I wouldn't presume to answer for anyone else. I didn't do that, just me. Gender trending isn't a religion, just a personal choice. Amen.

I'm not a fool. I know full well that my own great grandkids will go along whatever path in life they go whatever my feelings. It will be their right, whether girls marrying their same-sex best friend or boys dressing up as Diana Ross. Despite my dinosaur years, my memory is still decent enough to remember getting taken to task by a certain young lady on this site years back because I couldn't understand her objection to having boys and girls toy sections in a department store. I still can't, but that's immaterial. Not agreeing didn't make me wrong, just as not agreeing here.

That's the case for the prosecution M'lud ... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:08 am

Is it that a newspaper person has posted their opinion? Because if it is, there wouldn't be many newspapers.

Or is it that you don't want to celebrate Pride? We hear a lot from people about what is and isn't "rammed down their throats" which as far as I can tell could be solved by switching sides on the telly or turning to the next page...what they're often trying to say is "don't write about this" whilst pointing to their own rights about free speech.

I don't do Pride, because it doesn't mean anything to me. I managed to get by without feeling like it's rammed down my throat...and if someone else wants to do it, fine by me.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:29 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:08 am
Is it that a newspaper person has posted their opinion? Because if it is, there wouldn't be many newspapers.

Or is it that you don't want to celebrate Pride? We hear a lot from people about what is and isn't "rammed down their throats" which as far as I can tell could be solved by switching sides on the telly or turning to the next page...what they're often trying to say is "don't write about this" whilst pointing to their own rights about free speech.

I don't do Pride, because it doesn't mean anything to me. I managed to get by without feeling like it's rammed down my throat...and if someone else wants to do it, fine by me.
Nicely put. If the issue is they should have said "it would be nice if we all" rather than "we all need to" I mean, fine. I'm not sure discussing finer points of subediting is illuminating, but assume we'll be doing it for all leaders now. Not just this subject.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:49 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:08 am

Snap. And this.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:20 pm

🏳️ ae:)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:02 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:53 am
Despite my dinosaur years, my memory is still decent enough to remember getting taken to task by a certain young lady on this site years back because I couldn't understand her objection to having boys and girls toy sections in a department store. I still can't, but that's immaterial. Not agreeing didn't make me wrong, just as not agreeing here.

Well it does make you a bit wrong that you don’t see that enhancing gender stereotypes from a young age and restricting childrens interests, dependent on what sex they are, isn’t wrong, but I will forgive you as you take womens football far more seriously then a few of the neanderthals on here and you called me young ;).

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:47 pm

Listen to the old bint Tango. She is occasionally right :P

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:04 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:47 pm
Yeah, you’re not my favourite any more, Tango is. :P

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:32 pm

This did remind me of seeing a toy in the catalogue that I asked to have for my 8th (?) birthday. It caused much hilarity at the time as it was called 'Girls world'. It was basically a female head and you got to style and colour the hair. It looked ace! However, my early dreams of being a hairdresser were dashed. I think my dad got me a subbuteo set instead.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:10 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:32 pm
This did remind me of seeing a toy in the catalogue that I asked to have for my 8th (?) birthday. It caused much hilarity at the time as it was called 'Girls world'. It was basically a female head and you got to style and colour the hair. It looked ace! However, my early dreams of being a hairdresser were dashed. I think my dad got me a subbuteo set instead.
You might have been earning millions as Bolton’s answer to John Frieda had your dad not conformed to gender stereotyping and embraced your hair styling interests instead. Is that why you’ve grown a beard? So you have some hair on your head to play with?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:26 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:

Mate! You do realise this is going to be brought up every time I see you now, right? 😉

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:35 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:10 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
You might have been earning millions as Bolton’s answer to John Frieda had your dad not conformed to gender stereotyping and embraced your hair styling interests instead. Is that why you’ve grown a beard? So you have some hair on your head to play with?

He’s clearly never forgotten that girls world you. Of all the colours he could have chosen to dye his beard. Tbf though I was surprised he opted for ginger! 😳

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:54 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:04 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
I'll live :lol:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:24 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:54 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
You still owe me that cheese you promised too! :cry:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:28 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:26 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Mate! You do realise this is going to be brought up every time I see you now, right? 😉
Fair enough! I'm over it now. I was mustard at Subbuteo though!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:29 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:35 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

He’s clearly never forgotten that girls world you. Of all the colours he could have chosen to dye his beard. Tbf though I was surprised he opted for ginger! 😳
If it's more ginger than gray, I'll take that!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:17 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:24 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:54 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
You still owe me that cheese you promised too! :cry:
It'd be a stinking sludge by the time it got to you in this heat :vomit:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:46 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:29 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:35 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

If it's more ginger than gray, I'll take that!
An interesting ginger/white mix.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:26 pm

Times are beginning to change. Just saw this on Facebook.
Attachments
701D05BF-8FAD-4D96-B42C-2823AE9F63FB.png
701D05BF-8FAD-4D96-B42C-2823AE9F63FB.png (1.92 MiB) Viewed 673 times

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:55 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:26 pm
Times are beginning to change. Just saw this on Facebook.
Smacks of desperation. me thinks the lady doth complain too much.. :D