General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 23, 2021 6:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:20 pm
Must be my odd sense of humour, but I had a good laugh at all the media hoo-haa surrounding Amanda Holden's language "gaff" on the political music box, The Eurovision Song Contest" show. ( No, I didn't watch the show, I just read the reports) What really did they expect from her? Who is she, apart from a pleasant enough "judge" in Britain's Got Talent ? I don't blame her at all for being herself; an actress/ model (with the dress sense of a Christmas tree mind), but the producers at our end for choosing her for the role.( It was only reading the numbers results after all) If they wanted a professional female T.V presenter, why not Lucy Worseley, Moira Stuart, Mary Nightingale or the like?

It was the international "outrage" and "embarrassment" headlines aimed at the U.K over something so tardy (we finished last with no points any way) that made me laugh. The whole show died for me years ago.
Not sure that playing up to the stereotype of ignorant arrogant Brits is going to help though is it? It was a daft and unnecessary thing to say. Hardly very important though.

Our song for the points it merited by the way. Some might say more than it merited.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun May 23, 2021 8:59 pm

I found it quite embarrassing to be honest. So many other presenters made the effort to speak in both languages, despite many clearly never having spoken Dutch before. Holden came across as pretty ignorant.

Agree with Insane on the song too. I thought it was weak when I first heard it. His performance on the night was poor too. If Israel can get points the week after carpet bombing children, then Brexit shouldn't be an issue if we come up with a decent tune!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 23, 2021 9:06 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:59 pm
I found it quite embarrassing to be honest. So many other presenters made the effort to speak in both languages, despite many clearly never having spoken Dutch before. Holden came across as pretty ignorant.

Agree with Insane on the song too. I thought it was weak when I first heard it. His performance on the night was poor too. If Israel can get points the week after carpet bombing children, then Brexit shouldn't be an issue if we come up with a decent tune!
Which is why it was never a good idea choosing her for the job. Don't they have rehearsals for these things?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun May 23, 2021 9:34 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:06 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Which is why it was never a good idea choosing her for the job. Don't they have rehearsals for these things?
One country used a 10 year old boy to announce their results. It shouldn't have been a big ask for anyone to do a competent job, let alone an experienced presenter.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 24, 2021 9:40 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:34 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:06 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

One country used a 10 year old boy to announce their results. It shouldn't have been a big ask for anyone to do a competent job, let alone an experienced presenter.
I suppose when your PM is an international embarrassment and laughing you might as well go full 'joke country'.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 25, 2021 1:07 pm

Didn't watch it this year, as I was otherwise engaged, however I shall watching this Saturday night instead - I absolutely love the Eurovision Song Contest and all its cheesy glitz

Judge me how you want.....
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 25, 2021 1:34 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:07 pm
Consider it done! :mrgreen:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 25, 2021 1:37 pm

:-)
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue May 25, 2021 7:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:34 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:07 pm
Consider it done! :mrgreen:
The jury in Scotland said nil points :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 26, 2021 1:15 pm

How come a man held up an inveterate liar a short while back, is now having his version of events taken as gospel? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 26, 2021 2:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 1:15 pm
How come a man held up an inveterate liar a short while back, is now having his version of events taken as gospel? :conf:
I mean forgetting that he's telling us things that anyone with a brain who can read already knows. Anyone who genuinely doesn't think we in early March were set on a course of 'herd immunity' is either stupid or didn't follow events. We all know this. We all know we handled it about as badly as it could be handled. Why does Durham Dominic saying it suddenly make everyone go gaga? Anyone who has ever worked in pandemic planning knows this is a disaster. Talk to people in PH who have worked on these plans their whole lives - they'll tell you how bad its been - don't bother with Dodgy Dom who thinks he's expert because he once wrote a half baked blog post in 2019 about pandemics.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed May 26, 2021 3:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:24 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I mean forgetting that he's telling us things that anyone with a brain who can read already knows. Anyone who genuinely doesn't think we in early March were set on a course of 'herd immunity' is either stupid or didn't follow events. We all know this. We all know we handled it about as badly as it could be handled. Why does Durham Dominic saying it suddenly make everyone go gaga? Anyone who has ever worked in pandemic planning knows this is a disaster. Talk to people in PH who have worked on these plans their whole lives - they'll tell you how bad its been - don't bother with Dodgy Dom who thinks he's expert because he <b>once wrote a half baked blog post in 2019 about pandemics</b>.

Which he edited retrospectively to include mention of pandemics to make himself seem more prescient :lol:
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 26, 2021 3:19 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 3:12 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I mean forgetting that he's telling us things that anyone with a brain who can read already knows. Anyone who genuinely doesn't think we in early March were set on a course of 'herd immunity' is either stupid or didn't follow events. We all know this. We all know we handled it about as badly as it could be handled. Why does Durham Dominic saying it suddenly make everyone go gaga? Anyone who has ever worked in pandemic planning knows this is a disaster. Talk to people in PH who have worked on these plans their whole lives - they'll tell you how bad its been - don't bother with Dodgy Dom who thinks he's expert because he <b>once wrote a half baked blog post in 2019 about pandemics</b>.

Which he edited retrospectively to include mention of pandemics to make himself seem more prescient :lol:
Worse he edited it to mention coronaviruses...which he now denies but the evidence was laid bare....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 26, 2021 7:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I mean forgetting that he's telling us things that anyone with a brain who can read already knows. Anyone who genuinely doesn't think we in early March were set on a course of 'herd immunity' is either stupid or didn't follow events. We all know this. We all know we handled it about as badly as it could be handled. Why does Durham Dominic saying it suddenly make everyone go gaga? Anyone who has ever worked in pandemic planning knows this is a disaster. Talk to people in PH who have worked on these plans their whole lives - they'll tell you how bad its been - don't bother with Dodgy Dom who thinks he's expert because he once wrote a half baked blog post in 2019 about pandemics.
Well done. You've managed to go off on one without at any point answering my rather straight forward question. Bravo.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 26, 2021 8:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 7:51 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Well done. You've managed to go off on one without at any point answering my rather straight forward question. Bravo.
Your point is why are we listening to his version of events. My point was why are we listening to a man tell us what we already know and getting worked up about it?

Cummings telling us that tens of thousands of people died because of incompetence is not new news. We’ve all known that for well a year....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 26, 2021 10:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:46 pm

Your point is
Err, my question was. Oh never mind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 26, 2021 10:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:43 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Your point is
If your point is we should ignore proven liars then well the whole of this government must be ignored for eternity.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 26, 2021 11:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:58 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Your point is
If your point is we should ignore proven liars then well the whole of this government must be ignored for eternity.
My question QUESTION (clue - it has a ? at the end of it) was very simple. I'll try at simplify it further though. It is - at what point do we decide to believe someone who's spent the past however long being held up as a liar? What's the trigger? And why? How come all of a sudden their word is treated as the authorised version and no longer viewed with at least some suspicion?

That is all. Now, you can drone on all you like about lockdown, Covid and whatever else, but I asked a very simple question that doesn't even touch on anything you chose to witter on about.

I hope that's cleared it up.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 27, 2021 7:08 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 11:27 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:58 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Your point is
My question QUESTION (clue - it has a ? at the end of it) was very simple. I'll try at simplify it further though. It is - at what point do we decide to believe someone who's spent the past however long being held up as a liar? What's the trigger? And why? How come all of a sudden their word is treated as the authorised version and no longer viewed with at least some suspicion?

That is all. Now, you can drone on all you like about lockdown, Covid and whatever else, but I asked a very simple question that doesn't even touch on anything you chose to witter on about.

I hope that's cleared it up.
I don’t know and I’m not aware anyone takes anything Cummings says as the authorised version. Given though the PM is a proven and demonstrable liar we are left with a swamp of liars to work through. Frankly I doubt it’s even worth it. Nothing that Cummings said has been outright refuted by government and I’m not sure he said anything that wasn’t already known from other sources.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu May 27, 2021 8:48 am

My understanding of DCs evidence;

Tories 2020/Labour 2021"He's given an honest account"
Tories 2021/Labour 2020 "Who's going to believe this liar?"

Even if only half of its true, it does say to me that we've a complete shit show in No10. No effective opposition in parliament or in the media and it plays right into the hands of Scottish Nationalism. The UK is fooked