General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:56 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Seems political correctness has finally reached the Emeral Isle. Inevitable really, I suppose, but a 74 year old bloke has just sued a cruise line comedien for telling racist jokes. The Irish have always had a great sense of humour, but something I might have expected from a younger source and not somebody near my own age.
Having spent a week a month in Ireland for almost 10 years I can honestly say that, yes, the Irish have a great sense of humour & are very welcoming until that humour exposes them abit or you dare criticise anything Irish (or even not extol it).

Like normal folk, therefore.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Anyone see this story over the last couple of days? Laughed my head off :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19358906" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Saw it today.....bless her :lol:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Anyone see this story over the last couple of days? Laughed my head off :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19358906" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I truly did LOL when I saw the picture. Very funny.

& the poor old beggar who did it .... . I must assume she the mad woman almost every church has. Well meaning, but ...

Frankly I fear for the fresco's of Torbay these days.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Saw it earlier today, was absolutely helpless, sobbing with laughter. Amazing. I love how on that BBC news piece they get an art expert in to explain it is worth less now than it was!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:46 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Anyone see this story over the last couple of days? Laughed my head off :lol:

I truly did LOL when I saw the picture. Very funny.

& the poor old beggar who did it .... . I must assume she the mad woman almost every church has. Well meaning, but ...

Frankly I fear for the fresco's of Torbay these days.
walking through the woods this morning on my way up the cliff path with the dog - quite an out-of-the way spot... I noticed on one tree a great big black-spray painted cock and balls... and thought - hmmmmm.... the great art thread...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Is it just me that thinks that the re-working is an absolutely perfect portrait of Tevez? Seriously, I do. :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Is it just me that thinks that the re-working is an absolutely perfect portrait of Tevez? Seriously, I do. :?
Nope. I can see a hint of Dave Lee Travis though.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:43 pm

My first thought seeing that in the paper this morning was, "Now if Munche had done that!" :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Me and the wife nipped up to Middlebrook today to get a new dining table. We're after one that extends, so takes up less space in an already cluttered kitchen that's going to be full of baby stuff very, very soon.

Anyway, we came home with NO table, but a new sofa set.... She's odd.

Nifty though, has an iPod dock and USB port to plug all your music in, charge our phone, etc. whole sofa is pretty much a big feck off speaker! Apparently you can get a plug in adaptor too, that links up with your TV. That'll be decent...

Pair of these, we got. http://www.csl-sofas.co.uk/sofas/sonar#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:34 pm

:lol:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:29 pm

boltonboris wrote: Nifty though, has an iPod dock and USB port to plug all your music in, charge our phone, etc. whole sofa is pretty much a big feck off speaker! Apparently you can get a plug in adaptor too, that links up with your TV. That'll be decent...
Excellent sofa-age, Boris. :oyea: If you're looking for a solid oak dining table, Fella, then have a look in the place that's in the diametrically opposite corner of Middlebrook from the Reebok. In due course I'm going to require a sofa that's exactly 380cm long. I imagine I'll be wasting my time asking for something as exacting in one of these places that markets itself on repayment terms alone?! :conf:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:13 pm

Just spent the most depressing hour picking maggots out of my duck...

Shes been poorly and i had isolated her and had been giving her a pain killer/anti inflam for a week because i took her to the vets last monday and she had a suspected fractured wing. Checked her this morning and she was ok but still not moving, checked her tonight and under her wings and on her back there were maggots all over her. It was horrible. Have had to bathe her repeatedly in salty water to get them off and still not sure i have all of them. Having spoken to an expert friend apparently they can attack a unwell animal with open sores in just an hour or two but i still feel terrible i didn't spot it before.

I don't know how much pain she is in, i'm hoping that the drugs have been helping her manage it but i rang the vet re putting her down tonight and they quoted me £80. I have always been a firm believer in that if you can't afford to keep a pet and look after it when poorly don't have them and if it had been a dog or cat then i would do whatever was neccesary but a duck... £80... (we are skint atm) I just don't know what to do. My expert friend also thinks that getting rid of the maggots may perk her up and she will be ok til tuesday (when its cheaper) or maybe even get better, but i would hate to leave her suffering for longer then neccesary and call me a wuss, but i just can't bring myself to wring her neck myself :( Don;t know what to do.

Feel gutted and a totally rubbish owner :cry:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:26 pm

Gooner Girl wrote: Feel gutted and a totally rubbish owner :cry:
you are about as far from being a rubbish owner (of any pet) as it is possible to be, hun...

if I was a duck - I'd pick you..

(ok - on reflection - that might sound more pervy than comforting - but you get the gist!)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Lousy luck G.G, but taking it on yourself for something like that is wrong. You've cared and done all you can. The result (which I hope works out) is out of your hands.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:21 am

To GG - with affection...

Looking after any living being is an act of caring.

When maggots are feeding on the living body you have to think about the quality of that being's life...

An act of care could include the measuring of quality and quantity... I would rather die myself than hatch maggots...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:52 am

But if there's a proper chance it could be reet on Tues you're right to take it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:33 am

Well, I'm happier this morning as it would appear that I got all the maggots off her yesterday as none have appeared overnight. She is still pretty poorly and her back needs to heal and I still think the likely outcome is that she will need to be put to sleep but at least she will be more comfortable now and I will see how she does today before taking her to vet tomorrow - unless she takes a dramatic turn for the worse...

Thanks for the reassurance boys.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:23 am

If I lived in Clacton and I owned a lion, I reckon I'd know if it went missing :?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:If I lived in Clacton and I owned a lion, I reckon I'd know if it went missing :?
Granted, there's careless and then there's losing your lion.

Some friends of mine years ago found next door's mmissing python asleep at the side of their dining room unit. Unfortunately, the neighbour hadn't had the courage to tell them it was missing (and had been for a week!). Cue ten minutes panic.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.