Technology Thread.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Technology Thread.

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:45 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Not to mention he's a beardy tax exile.
Hoboh is a beast tax exile? :shock:
Beardy, I said beardy. Get yerself to Specsavers :D
He did :wink:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:47 pm

recently bought a Samsung J5(2016) model well chuffed with it, mega battery life for a smart phone, replaceable too, hi res front and rear cameras, loads of features all for under £200 :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:53 pm

Hi res camera? That's the sort of wording they use to market to pensioners. Usually means 2 megapixels ;)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:42 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Hi res camera? That's the sort of wording they use to market to pensioners. Usually means 2 megapixels ;)
:D

13 rear, 5 front

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:59 am

Hoboh wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Hi res camera? That's the sort of wording they use to market to pensioners. Usually means 2 megapixels ;)

13 rear, 5 front
Mega pixels is largely marketing speak anyway. The higher the number doesn't equate to quality :wink:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:52 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

13 rear, 5 front
Mega pixels is largely marketing speak anyway. The higher the number doesn't equate to quality :wink:
Well the few I've taken do look good and sharp :lol:

Honestly it's a bit of decent kit for a not outrageous price, overseas I believe you can buy a dual sim model but it isn't for the European market :conf: don't understand that one.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Hoboh wrote: Well the few I've taken do look good and sharp :lol:

Honestly it's a bit of decent kit for a not outrageous price, overseas I believe you can buy a dual sim model but it isn't for the European market :conf: don't understand that one.
You're an old fart and you expect me to trust your eyesight? :wink:

I have a dual sim phone, great for calls etc, but shit for data. I gave up trying to do anything on it whilst back in the UK last year. I'll just carry an extra phone next time.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:31 pm

:wink: Hoboh's staying out of politics for now, seems a couple of the 'poor dears' on there were reaching heart attack levels of stress :D

Anyway the phone camera, good as it is, ain't big enough to capture the entire length of my willy unless shooting panoramic mode :wink:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Hoboh wrote::wink: Hoboh's staying out of politics for now, seems a couple of the 'poor dears' on there were reaching heart attack levels of stress :D

Anyway the phone camera, good as it is, ain't big enough to capture the entire length of my willy unless shooting panoramic mode :wink:
Haha. Sorry, shouldn't laugh about.... :lol:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:05 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Hoboh wrote::wink: Hoboh's staying out of politics for now, seems a couple of the 'poor dears' on there were reaching heart attack levels of stress :D

Haha. Sorry, shouldn't laugh about.... :lol:
He's probably got the macro lense stuck.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:55 pm

Are there any computer whizbandits in the house who can expertly photoshop a picture of my dogs head onto a peaky blinder or some such Thierry Poncelet style?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 04, 2017 12:15 pm

So, deemed to be the least Enfield-esque member of the team when it comes to IT matters (I shite you not - I've just had to show someone how to use Autosum), Numbnuts here has just been put forward / dobbed in to take AN Office 365 Outlook course, at the end of which I have to decide if it's going to be of any benefit to us or not. Is anyone on here currently using it? If so, how's it going?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 04, 2017 12:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 12:15 pm
So, deemed to be the least Enfield-esque member of the team when it comes to IT matters (I shite you not - I've just had to show someone how to use Autosum), Numbnuts here has just been put forward / dobbed in to take AN Office 365 Outlook course, at the end of which I have to decide if it's going to be of any benefit to us or not. Is anyone on here currently using it? If so, how's it going?
Use it here. It's probably the way you're going to go sooner or later whether you want to or not...Is it just Outlook or Office 365 including Outlook?

A lot on the benefit side will be dependent on your wider IT strategy. If you use collaboration extensively then it's probably an improvement if you generally work isolated within Office suite, then there's probably a learning curve. I don't currently use Outlook Web Access very much, I do occasionally use One Drive (which will largely be dependent on your IT Security policies whether that's a help or a hinderance), I use SharePoint fairly extensively. But it really depends on how your people work and what they do as to whether it's a benefit...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu May 04, 2017 2:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
We use it and we don't have a lot of choice. Microsoft stops supporting old products after a while. I use the Outlook client on my pc rather than using Web Outlook as I prefer the interface. However, I have to use the web client when on the road and it is usable (but much easier with a pc rather than my hand held device). The other parts of Office have more bells and whistles - none of which I use but could be useful to the pros and those who live in the cloud.

I'm impressed the company chose you (but I won't buy any shares). :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 06, 2017 7:07 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

I did one, basically found it to be a glorified office like Monty says with bells and whistles and in the not too distant future all will more than likley head that way.
On my own pc I use Libra office, it does what I want.
(TBH I've probably forgotten most of it now not having used it :wink: )

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 13, 2017 7:35 am

I do so hope the Russians catch up with these hackers first, at least they will have time to contemplate just what they have done whilst falling off a high balcony or multi-storey car park!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 14, 2017 11:33 pm

Wow, technology's the word. N.H.S doctors back using pen and paper.... :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?