Technology Thread.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Technology Thread.

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:48 pm

LeverEnd wrote:No they are ok, just couldn't get reception when I moved to Leeds. It was a great deal in Bolton.

I bought one of those phones GtE after my fancy Samsung was run over. Amazingly good for the low price.

Cheers LE. Actually all the Enfield's phones are out of contract. I'm kicking Virgin Mobile to the kerb and we're all getting these. Three phones with a similar spec. to the Samsung S7 for less than £500. Bargain!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:On a recommendation (and because mine is knackered) I have just bought a new mobile 'phone. It's a Motorola G4 16gb

Now, I understand I need to inform my current provider of my desire to cancel my (recently expired) contract with them and get a PAC code so that I can keep my old number. Also how do I save all my current info (photos/ texts/ contacts)

I'm looking for the best SIM only deal and was wondering if any of you wonderful people had any suggestions. Please bear in mind this is GtE you are explaining it to and I will need careful step by step guidance.

MWAH!
If O2 reception is any good round your parts then GiffGaff is great. Total flexibility and good rates. You manage it all online.

Saw GiffGaff. BT Family Sim looks good too.
I usually find BT to be fairly useless at most things, but GiffGaff to be hassle free and largely 'Enfield Proof' :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:48 pm

LeverEnd wrote:No they are ok, just couldn't get reception when I moved to Leeds. It was a great deal in Bolton.

I bought one of those phones GtE after my fancy Samsung was run over. Amazingly good for the low price.
Did you pull the string a bit tighter?
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:24 pm

:conf: WHAT?!??

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:31 pm

I think he is calling you a tight bastard (says the man with a Nokia).
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:27 pm

Really? You used to piss and moan about the lack of signal all the time.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:22 pm

I piss and moan about everything. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Well, it's starting...
Insurance firm Fukoku Mutual Life Insurance is making 34 employees redundant and replacing them with IBM’s Watson Explorer AI

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -insurance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is going to start happening on a large scale in the not too distant future. Sadly our leaders are too busy trying to keep Johnny Foreigner out to prepare for the consequences of a tech takeover.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Well, it's starting...
Insurance firm Fukoku Mutual Life Insurance is making 34 employees redundant and replacing them with IBM’s Watson Explorer AI

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -insurance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is going to start happening on a large scale in the not too distant future. Sadly our leaders are too busy trying to keep Johnny Foreigner out to prepare for the consequences of a tech takeover.
The only way to deal with it is to top all the smartass inventors and tell the flakes they have to make more of an effort, switching on a machine does not count all though it may fatigue a few of them.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:37 pm

Hoboh wrote:

The only way to deal with it is to top all the smartass inventors and tell the flakes they have to make more of an effort, switching on a machine does not count all though it may fatigue a few of them.
You're way too late...

It's already been invented.

You might as well try and uninvent the boat and the wheel, so the buggers would have to walk it....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:44 am

Hoboh wrote:

Who do you think all the smartass inventors are?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:32 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Who do you think all the smartass inventors are?
Well you could start with those working to develop more efficient ways to kill people for starters.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:43 am

feck Virgin Mobile.

Cancelled my (expired) contract today to get my PAC code. When I was put through to retentions they not only couldn't match my SIM only deal with GiffGaff, they couldn't even offer me the deal I currently have.

They wanted to charge me more money, for less minutes/ texts and data, to retain my custom.

#shortshrift

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:36 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:feck Virgin Mobile.

Cancelled my (expired) contract today to get my PAC code. When I was put through to retentions they not only couldn't match my SIM only deal with GiffGaff, they couldn't even offer me the deal I currently have.

They wanted to charge me more money, for less minutes/ texts and data, to retain my custom.

#shortshrift
c*nts!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:07 pm

A US TV station has been inundated with complaints after viewers' voice-commanded Amazon Echo systems "heard" a presenter's remarks about doll houses - and started ordering them.

Using the device's voice command assistant, which is called Alexa, a six-year-old girl in Dallas, Texas, managed to order a $160 (£130) doll house and a tin of biscuits.

That sparked a news report on CW6 in San Diego, California, after which presenter Jim Patton said: "I love the little girl saying 'Alexa order me a doll house'."

According to the TV station, the broadcast on Thursday sparked complaints from "viewers all over San Diego" who said Mr Patton's words had been interpreted by their Amazon Echo devices as a command to buy more doll houses.
One to cheer Hoboh up! :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:35 pm

LeverEnd wrote:

#shortshrift
c*nts!
I like Virgin mobile, I get unlimited everything for £20 per month on my sim only deal and £32 per month for 50 gig broadband and landline with talk weekend.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Hoboh wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

#shortshrift
c*nts!
I like Virgin mobile, I get unlimited everything for £20 per month on my sim only deal and £32 per month for 50 gig broadband and landline with talk weekend.

I've sodded 'em off. Useless gets.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Not to mention he's a beardy tax exile.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:54 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Not to mention he's a beardy tax exile.
Hoboh is a beast tax exile? :shock:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:00 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Not to mention he's a beardy tax exile.
Hoboh is a beast tax exile? :shock:
Beardy, I said beardy. Get yerself to Specsavers :D