TW Members. Introspection on an Epic scale.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: TW Members. Introspection on an Epic scale.

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:58 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:^ somebody knows something and is not telling. Come on, spill the beans.
There appear to be a few people in the know - Bruce and Crazy Horse have indicated certain knowledge. I understand it is a regular who has set up a second account to parody gloomy postal codes. Whom it may be I have no idea. Not me as our postal codes are quite different....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:24 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:^ somebody knows something and is not telling. Come on, spill the beans.
There appear to be a few people in the know - Bruce and Crazy Horse have indicated certain knowledge. I understand it is a regular who has set up a second account to parody gloomy postal codes. Whom it may be I have no idea. Not me as our postal codes are quite different....
I have a feeling you are right, but we'll probably never find out. (After I'd posted the above I discovered an even richer seam of BS3 posts which made the parody obvious).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:39 pm

I'm a bit disappointed BL3 hasn't been on recently. I would hope it is for a genuine reason rather than our upturn in form. Not because I want to mock or chastise him, (he may well still prove right in the long run about Dougie, thought I hope not), but because I'm genuinely interested in what his take is now, having apparently written him off so early. Imagine how empty this place would be is people took a similar stance!
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:18 pm

chester white wrote:I'm a bit disappointed BL3 hasn't been on recently. I would hope it is for a genuine reason rather than our upturn in form. Not because I want to mock or chastise him, (he may well still prove right in the long run about Dougie, thought I hope not), but because I'm genuinely interested in what his take is now, having apparently written him off so early. Imagine how empty this place would be is people took a similar stance!
you could always ask hoboh who was quick to write Dougie off...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:41 pm

thebish wrote:
chester white wrote:I'm a bit disappointed BL3 hasn't been on recently. I would hope it is for a genuine reason rather than our upturn in form. Not because I want to mock or chastise him, (he may well still prove right in the long run about Dougie, thought I hope not), but because I'm genuinely interested in what his take is now, having apparently written him off so early. Imagine how empty this place would be is people took a similar stance!
you could always ask hoboh who was quick to write Dougie off...
Hoboh is quick to write anyone off, it's what he does.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:34 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
I'm not convinced by that Monty, not convinced at all :D.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:08 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
:lol: And grammar wars will start again....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:16 pm

I'm not in the know at all, Monty. I just find it refreshingly funny and was quite stunned by a couple of the responses.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'm not in the know at all, Monty. I just find it refreshingly funny and was quite stunned by a couple of the responses.
You are correct - it was only Crazy Horse who said he knew the "naughty" individual - you merely spotted the fraud faster than some.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:20 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
:lol: And grammar wars will start again....
(goes to hide immediately).
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:53 pm

I did come on here some years ago, posted a couple of times and got absolutely slaughtered for having an opinion. At the time it seemed really cliqueish and almost as though some members wanted their own private little club.

Winding forward a couple of years, things had really changed and its a far friendlier and more welcoming place than it ever was IMO.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I did come on here some years ago, posted a couple of times and got absolutely slaughtered for having an opinion. At the time it seemed really cliqueish and almost as though some members wanted their own private little club.

Winding forward a couple of years, things had really changed and its a far friendlier and more welcoming place than it ever was IMO.
f'cough.

Newbie's eh ! Who needs 'em ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I did come on here some years ago, posted a couple of times and got absolutely slaughtered for having an opinion. At the time it seemed really cliqueish and almost as though some members wanted their own private little club.

Think this still happens now to some degree.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:37 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:

Is it not just a case that quite a few are "real world friends" too?

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:

No idea. You can't know that without getting to know the posters. You can't get to know the posters if they can't be arsed with new posters.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:59 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:

No idea. You can't know that without getting to know the posters. You can't get to know the posters if they can't be arsed with new posters.
But you're always rude to me !!

I tried to set you up with a holiday with Dan and the abuse I got was terrible.
A number of people here know well one or two others. Over years of posting you get to 'know' some of the others & then the occasional game where people meet up arises.

Obviously some people's views, styles, approaches suit some people more than others ... but you get waves where you may disagree with someone & later you agree.

It is a matter of time, I'm afraid. I think there is a little suspicion if someone lands and seems a bit too 'in yer face' from the very beginning. There have been a handful of wind-up merchants.

Overall, however, you'll see people's alliances are simply familiarity. No plan to exclude newbies, though I do imagine it looks like that initially.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:09 pm

And then of course there are the fierce fxckers who'll shoot your head off as soon as it's over the parapet.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:10 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:

But you're always rude to me !!

I tried to set you up with a holiday with Dan and the abuse I got was terrible.
A number of people here know well one or two others. Over years of posting you get to 'know' some of the others & then the occasional game where people meet up arises.

Obviously some people's views, styles, approaches suit some people more than others ... but you get waves where you may disagree with someone & later you agree.

It is a matter of time, I'm afraid. I think there is a little suspicion if someone lands and seems a bit too 'in yer face' from the very beginning. There have been a handful of wind-up merchants.

Overall, however, you'll see people's alliances are simply familiarity. No plan to exclude newbies, though I do imagine it looks like that initially.
Really, am I?

It does look like that initially but I agree you do settle into the swing of things if you stick it out.

I generally get ignored, particularly on the trotters section, total exclusion.

Sob.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:13 pm

89bwfc89 wrote: Really, am I?

It does look like that initially but I agree you do settle into the swing of things if you stick it out.

I generally get ignored, particularly on the trotters section, total exclusion.

Sob.
You want to think yourself lucky. There was once a poster called Molly. She posted once (you can search for it), and wound Bobo up. She disappeared never to be seen again. Apparently the bizzies found her head on a stick at Rivington Castle.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:13 pm

No. You daft lummox. Just a joke.