TW Members. Introspection on an Epic scale.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: TW Members. Introspection on an Epic scale.

Post by jaffka » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:53 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
jaffka wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Just to put the score straight: I've checked out the Warhog situation. He left, as I said, of his own accord, but returned and was later banned for life. I had, I'll admit, forgotten about the second situation, that's why I checked. Officially, he's banned permanently. Here endeth the matter.
have you over ruled zulu?
No. I think he forgot too. It's three years ago.
are we allowed to know why he was banned?

he used to do great match reports on the reserves.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:55 pm

I think an explanation was posted at the time.

Lets let sleeping dogs lie.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:56 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Just to put the score straight: I've checked out the Warhog situation. He left, as I said, of his own accord, but returned and was later banned for life. I had, I'll admit, forgotten about the second situation, that's why I checked. Officially, he's banned permanently. Here endeth the matter.
Fck ....you contacted him to ASK him that ?!?!
Bravo.
Now THAT is modern art.
No, I didn't. I consulted the oracle. We do keep records.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Just a few of Enfield's difficulties over the years...

Echoes

Forums? What forums!

Heeeelllppp

Is it just me?

I'm sure you'll agree that he has more than your average number of issues with the site :wink:

Sorry Enfield, it is in the interests of enlightenment :mrgreen:
:D GtE - you have been keeping your numpty-ness well hidden recently!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: He subsequently signed on as Warthog's Friend but didn't stay long...
You set me going with this so I've been nosing back on some old posts, some fascinating stuff back there. But I'm confused. On one thread somebody is accusing somebody called Lofthouse Lower of being Batman, and on another thread somebody else is accusing somebody called Bruno of being either somebody called Commie or somebody called Batman (can't quite work out who's calling who who). So were all these people the same person as Warthog who was Warthog's Friend or were they all somebody else or not????? :conf:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Glancing at Tango's enter Maximus thread I saw a couple of names of posters I'd forgotten about; Gertie & Warthog. Where did they get to?
I actually entered The Pets Thread in the search panel, to avoid starting another, and came up with this one.

Oh, and Warthog was never banned. He left of his own accord. Fact.
You are, of course, closer to the administrative centre of things than I ever was. Warthog told me his account was deactivated and he never got any sort of satisfactory explanation as to why. He subsequently signed on as Warthog's Friend but didn't stay long. I have no reason to disbelieve either of you. Perhaps ban is the wrong term...
Or now perhaps ban is the right term and fact, as is so often the case, is not fact. Hoss says the facts were posted at the time though I'm not sure this was the case - that is they may have been posted in a site admin area only. Warthog was a good poster and known for his wind ups on other fan sites. Why he was banned I'm not entirely sure and he claimed some ignorance on the topic himself. Please don't take this as a criticism of site admin or Tango, Hoss, Zulu and anyone else involved. I just comment when I perceive inaccuracies in the historic record (although I'm as likely to be wrong as anyone else).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote: He subsequently signed on as Warthog's Friend but didn't stay long...
You set me going with this so I've been nosing back on some old posts, some fascinating stuff back there. But I'm confused. On one thread somebody is accusing somebody called Lofthouse Lower of being Batman, and on another thread somebody else is accusing somebody called Bruno of being either somebody called Commie or somebody called Batman (can't quite work out who's calling who who). So were all these people the same person as Warthog who was Warthog's Friend or were they all somebody else or not????? :conf:
Okay - my understanding is:

Batman was banned; allegedly he reappeared as his brother Bruno who was later banned; and then allegedly he appeared as Lofthouse Lower who also got banned in turn. He was a great friend of HRG, who one doesn't see so much any more.

Communistworkethic was a different character entirely. He was a bright and argumentative poster - he reminds me of a certain cleric in some ways.

Both Batman and Commie appeared to have the habit of logging on late at night when they had had a few. They would rip into some poor character and break half a dozen forum rules. This eventually and unfortunately led to bans which eventually became permanent. Warthog and his alter ego Warthog's friend stated Commie was back under another name but if so I never discovered it. So three different people with five or six different user names. I can't imagine why you are confused. Do try to keep up.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Okay - my understanding is:

Batman was banned; allegedly he reappeared as his brother Bruno who was later banned; and then allegedly he appeared as Lofthouse Lower who also got banned in turn. He was a great friend of HRG, who one doesn't see so much any more.

Communistworkethic was a different character entirely. He was a bright and argumentative poster - he reminds me of a certain cleric in some ways.

Both Batman and Commie appeared to have the habit of logging on late at night when they had had a few. They would rip into some poor character and break half a dozen forum rules. This eventually and unfortunately led to bans which eventually became permanent. Warthog and his alter ego Warthog's friend stated Commie was back under another name but if so I never discovered it. So three different people with five or six different user names. I can't imagine why you are confused. Do try to keep up.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:50 pm

I'll try to keep up, if you promise not to bombard me with double posts :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I'll try to keep up, if you promise not to bombard me with double posts :wink:
It was a triple post but I managed to get rid of one. The site kept crashing and failing to load. When I finally got in it posted all three of my stored attempts. I hit delete for the last one and it eventually told me it didn't exist. The second last had no delete button. I can't make promises with the site the way it is atm.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I'll try to keep up, if you promise not to bombard me with double posts :wink:
It was a triple post but I managed to get rid of one. The site kept crashing and failing to load. When I finally got in it posted all three of my stored attempts. I hit delete for the last one and it eventually told me it didn't exist. The second last had no delete button. I can't make promises with the site the way it is atm.
I know, it's the Iranians. If they keep this up I'm going to get Ban Ki Moon to give them a stern telling off.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Echoes

Forums? What forums!

Heeeelllppp

Is it just me?

I'm sure you'll agree that he has more than your average number of issues with the site :wink:

That one's an all time classic.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:02 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:

Echoes

Forums? What forums!

Heeeelllppp

Is it just me?

That one's an all time classic.
:oops:
Listen, I've said it before I make the mistakes deliberately on behalf of my less confident fellow posters and endure the ridicule they would otherwise receive and be unable to deal with. Or something.

Anyway, who's for a mosaic? :grin:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:That one's an all time classic.
:oops:
Listen, I've said it before I make the mistakes deliberately on behalf of my less confident fellow posters and endure the ridicule they would otherwise receive and be unable to deal with. Or something.

Anyway, who's for a mosaic? :grin:
... what tune ?

I say badges .... we want badges too.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:56 pm

[Legend 27 Verbal Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:11 am 8220]

So how come the change to Mr Kint. Got some sort of phobia with immortality?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Nah. When I was trying to take a break from the world for a bit one of the aspects was not internetting, so went off social networking sites and forums such as this. To stop temptation I randomised my password to lock mysen out of it.

After a while i kinda realised this was just harmless fun and has some friendly faces on it, so had to set up a new'un.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:23 pm

mrkint wrote:Nah. When I was trying to take a break from the world for a bit one of the aspects was not internetting, so went off social networking sites and forums such as this. To stop temptation I randomised my password to lock mysen out of it.

After a while i kinda realised this was just harmless fun and has some friendly faces on it, so had to set up a new'un.
Randomising passwords! Oops. :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:26 pm

It's up to you like Verbs, but I can soon sort out your old password login if you like, like.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:51 am

You see, I'm away for a weekend. We win our fifth on the trot. BL3 is still missing. All good things.
...but three threads in and I notice this BS3 character. Who the feck is he? Does the BS stand for Bullshit, or is it one of our regulars 'avin a laff? Or is that caped crusader of whom I've heard a little back in Gotham City? Or is it a case of once a postcode always a postcode?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:17 am

^ somebody knows something and is not telling. Come on, spill the beans.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください