The Royal Baby

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: The Royal Baby

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:06 pm

awwww... babies! Its enough to make a girl broody...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:07 pm

lucky git, i would knock her up

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 pm

I'd have to knock her out first... She's posh and that. Probably won't be too pleased with a scrubber like me.

No wonder he got her pregnant, she got little tits so if he pulled out there'd be nothing to aim at.

She's fit though. I'd bang her.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:22 pm

she is posh and it would be great degrading her and recording it and showing your mates, then posting the vid to her mum and dad

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:31 pm

There are times on here when my estimation of men goes rapidly downhill...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:33 pm

boltonboris wrote:I'd have to knock her out first... She's posh and that. Probably won't be too pleased with a scrubber like me.
I doubt she'd be particularly pleased with anyone assaulting her and then raping her. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:44 pm

jaffka wrote:she is posh and it would be great degrading her and recording it and showing your mates, then posting the vid to her mum and dad
I like a good laugh as much as anybody, but that's way over the top mate even as a joke.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:44 pm

jaffka wrote:she is posh and it would be great degrading her and recording it and showing your mates, then posting the vid to her mum and dad
Get help. :|
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I am pretty satisfied with our constitutional monarchy, but now that the Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant we're all in for months of the bollocks that our royals seem to inspire these days. :|
Your conversion to Che Guevara t-shirt wearing, beret-owning full fledged membership of the far left is almost complete :D.

The half-cut, slightly insane, incomprehensible, lecherous, dread-locked doctor will be proud!
Please, I am the same economically right wing, socially liberal, monarchist I always have been.

And if that bloke on the train back from Brighton really was a doctor then the NHS is even more in trouble than even I imagined.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:16 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Blame the press not the royals for the annoying publicity. The press gives the people what they want (gossip about the upper crust), the royals give Mummy what he wants (on the whole a not bad stable democracy).
The royals don't 'give' democracy. It was hard won, bit by bit over centuries in the teeth of opposition by the monarchy and ruling classes. Pretty much every democratic gain was won in struggle, and, often, bloodshed. Including a Civil War, the Peterloo Massacre, the 'Cat and Mouse Act' aimed at the suffragettes...

They may be reduced to a tourist attraction (though I'm not really convinced even by this), but contribute to our democracy? :lmfao:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:23 am

I don't think Monty was saying it is literally in their gift.

They are just part of what I want. Would I include them if I had a blank canvas on which to design a constitutional arrangement from scratch? Probably not.

But I do think having a head of state that is not elected is a good thing. So if I did execute my 'perfect' design that did not take account of historical accident, I would have to have a very hard think about what I would replace the monarchy with.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I don't think Monty was saying it is literally in their gift.

They are just part of what I want. Would I include them if I had a blank canvas on which to design a constitutional arrangement from scratch? Probably not.

But I do think having a head of state that is not elected is a good thing. So if I did execute my 'perfect' design that did not take account of historical accident, I would have to have a very hard think about what I would replace the monarchy with.
My point is that the royal family are not a democratic agency in any way, shape or form, which is the very least Monty's claim meant. At the moment neither are they a threat to our democracy - apart from the infantilism they induce in the minds of many. Do I think they are the biggest issue facing the country? By no means. Do I think they offer anything of value? By no means. Would it be better if we got rid of them? Certainly. Could we build half a dozen hospitals a year with what they cost us? Yes - and that would be a good choice.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:54 am

William the White wrote:
My point is that the royal family are not a democratic agency in any way, shape or form, which is the very least Monty's claim meant. At the moment neither are they a threat to our democracy - apart from the infantilism they induce in the minds of many. Do I think they are the biggest issue facing the country? By no means. Do I think they offer anything of value? By no means. Would it be better if we got rid of them? Certainly. Could we build half a dozen hospitals a year with what they cost us? Yes - and that would be a good choice.
When it comes down to it, any constitutional arrangement is one big confidence trick.

Systems of law and government only work if a majority of people believe in them. Forgive the slightly treacly sophistry, but the confidence that our peculiar arrangements inspire in the minds of most the residents of these islands is a form of democracy that is actually more profound than anything that involves putting a cross on a piece of paper.

I think there is still a very powerful religiosity around the anachronism that is our monarchy that plays a role in maintaining the 'stability' that Monty referred to. I don't necessarily understand this - I certainly don't understand ACTUAL religious feelings - but my position is that the monarchy is valuable in its stability-inducing properties while it still carries the public mind.

Do I like the attendant infantilism? Certainly not, but I become very melancholy if I give too much thought to the cultural dark ages we are currently entering, and I don't think that's a trend that the royal family is at the centre of.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:11 am

William the White wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I don't think Monty was saying it is literally in their gift.

The UK is a relatively stable democracy and a constitutional monarchy. In fact the UK achieved its democracy with a monarch. Shall we look at how those republics WtW appears to admire so much achieved their standing? The US (rebellion which imposed a solution most did not want and a bloody civil war to create the union), France (a nasty revolution -1789- to get rid of the monarchy which came back so other civil disturbances required ending in the Commune - 1871 - to create the republic), Germany (required WW1 to get rid of the Kaiser), Austria (same thing to dump the Hapsburgs), Italy (a questionable referendum after losing WW2), etc. Democracy, if you can call it that, was harder won in those states than the UK. Have these republics created a better democracy than the UK?. I don't think so. Certainly the royals have embarrassed themselves in the last thirty years, but the recent heads of state of Italy, France and the US are more embarrassing in terms of clownish behaviour or stupidity. So what I'm saying, William, is the UK is a democracy (and as good or better than a lot of the competition) and it is a constitutional monarchy (like other stable North European democracies). It would be as hard to show the monarchy was an agency for democracy as to show in the last century or two that it wasn't. Neither of us can state with any accuracy what the UK would be like as a republic - better or worse - so the argument is somewhat meaningless.

But don't forget to deduct the cost of your president from the hospital budget - it might cost more than the royals.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:55 am

it highlights everything that is wrong woth the royal familiy for me. poor little fetus growing inside a woman who married a prince, will eventually slide out and be 3rd in line to the throne with absolute zero merit.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:26 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
boltonboris wrote:I'd have to knock her out first... She's posh and that. Probably won't be too pleased with a scrubber like me.
I doubt she'd be particularly pleased with anyone assaulting her and then raping her. :conf:
EXACTLY!! Because she's posh
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 am

The misses said the other day she's up the stick when she was visiting Cambridge, fat face she said...

Feel sorry for them to be honest. Heaven forbid anything happen, but the girls not even 12 weeks, so much can go wrong yet, and now the whole world knows...
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:47 am

I'm genuinely and truly unsure why anyone would give a shit?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:51 am

Because most folk aren't cold hearted robots and wouldn't want to see any young couple have any complications during a pregnancy?
Businesswoman of the year.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:51 am

Gooner Girl wrote:There are times on here when my estimation of men goes rapidly downhill...
It's not men. It's some men.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください