The Royal Baby

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Royal Baby

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:05 am

jaffka wrote:the one where he rang up the dentist for advice about drilling his mates tooth with a bosch power drill was funny as well
Is there a YouTube link to that one anywhere?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:26 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jaffka wrote:the one where he rang up the dentist for advice about drilling his mates tooth with a bosch power drill was funny as well
Let's hope not.
May the bridges I burn light your way

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:31 am

Funniest thing Steve Penk ever did was to sensationally quit radio to become a major light entertainment tv powerhouse, failing miserably and then going back cap in hand to radio.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:38 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Funniest thing Steve Penk ever did was to sensationally quit radio to become a major light entertainment tv powerhouse, failing miserably and then going back cap in hand to radio.
And even that wasn't funny, the unfunny c*nt.
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:04 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I will try and find it.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:05 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Let's hope not.
bah humbug
:fingers:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:57 am

Whatever happened to Ken Woodchef?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:36 am

Worthy4England wrote:Whatever happened to Ken Woodchef?
I recently joined a religious sect, well I sent my cheque in anyway, so I can't google/wiki this. Who the feck is Ken Woodchef??????
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:00 pm

Sky News have reported that the Nurse in question has committed suicide.

It's gone from being a silly thing to do, to being an absolute tragedy.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:03 pm

boltonboris wrote:Sky News have reported that the Nurse in question has committed suicide.

It's gone from being a silly thing to do, to being an absolute tragedy.
Is this true?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:06 pm

That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Lets all hope for her sake and the sake of those who love her that this is not true.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:17 pm

It is not yet certain it the same woman but...
What a tragedy for a young kid.
Not that funny at all now, and it never was.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:19 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is looking like it is.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Bruce and I agreed some time back that targeting innocent people trying to do their job wasn't that funny. It invades their privacy and focuses huge amounts of unwanted attention on them. Some people have thinner skins than others and we cannot always guess the consequences. I imagine there might be some civil liability for what those Ozzies did.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Not good. That's really gutting. You would have hoped their management team would have given her tangible support (I suspect having not told her/them in the first place that if the Queen rings the switchboard - how ever unlikely that was - you put her through to the CEO - or whatever the agreed protocol was).

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Bruce and I agreed some time back that targeting innocent people trying to do their job wasn't that funny. It invades their privacy and focuses huge amounts of unwanted attention on them. Some people have thinner skins than others and we cannot always guess the consequences. I imagine there might be some civil liability for what those Ozzies did.

What, on earth, for?

It's obviously very sad, but you can't expect people to see that coming from what was, although a bit base and cheap, a joke. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't more to this than we've heard. However embarrassing, emotionally stable people don't commit suicide after being made to look stupid (albeit on a slightly bigger stage than most are used to).

It seemed odd in the first place that somebody in her position could be duped by what was so, so obviously a hoax. More to this than meets the eye. All very sad though.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:33 pm

Prufrock wrote:More to this than meets the eye. All very sad though.
... or a dedictaed person, massively proud of her job who fckd up & couldn't cope with the shame, embarrassment and fear for her career.

Bloody funny weaze though, almost as funny as a very unfunny thing on an unfunny day.

Hope the Ozzies are proud.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Bruce and I agreed some time back that targeting innocent people trying to do their job wasn't that funny. It invades their privacy and focuses huge amounts of unwanted attention on them. Some people have thinner skins than others and we cannot always guess the consequences. I imagine there might be some civil liability for what those Ozzies did.

What, on earth, for?

It's obviously very sad, but you can't expect people to see that coming from what was, although a bit base and cheap, a joke. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't more to this than we've heard. However embarrassing, emotionally stable people don't commit suicide after being made to look stupid (albeit on a slightly bigger stage than most are used to).

It seemed odd in the first place that somebody in her position could be duped by what was so, so obviously a hoax. More to this than meets the eye. All very sad though.
They fraudulently presented themselves to a (clearly) naive young girl trying to do a high stress job. Then they hold her up for ridicule in front of most of the English-speaking world. Obviously they had no intention to have her commit suicide, but we are responsible for our actions even if they have an unintended result. When pranks go horribly wrong, the perpetrators generally have some responsibility. Still I'll wait for an opinion from Crayons on this.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:45 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Prufrock wrote:More to this than meets the eye. All very sad though.
... or a dedictaed person, massively proud of her job who fckd up & couldn't cope with the shame, embarrassment and fear for her career.

Bloody funny weaze though, almost as funny as a very unfunny thing on an unfunny day.

Hope the Ozzies are proud.
No disagreement that it was crushingly unfunny. It seems radio presenters over here are almost exclusively boorish, unfunny c*cks. Lord only knows what it is like in Australia!

That said, I don't think it is their 'fault'. Performing this sort of prank probably makes you a wanker, but you'd not for one second imagine it would drive somebody to suicide.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.