News Headlines

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: News Headlines

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:20 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Anyone thinking about a holiday in Turkey this year? Really?? After last night's bomb, the only way they can ramp up the ante is by attacking a holiday resort and destroying the country's tourist industry. My money's on Marmaris or Kusadasi.

So, quick check then. That's Morocco out, Tunisia out, Turkey out, Greek Islands Ok-ish (but you might want to give the inflatable boat trip a miss), Sicily out.

Scarborough anyone?
Spain/ Italy/ France or far away, isn't it?

Think we're going to go to India this summer as the GF is currently in Singapore for 6 months and this, apparently, constitutes meeting "half-way"! (Though tbf, real half-way is pretty much the Middle East, so no ta - warzone of soulless UAE.)

Think you're generous with the rest of North Africa tbf, Egypt and Algeria are out too (and Libya was never in).

PROJECT FEAR!
You are going about things the wrong way, Pru. Waikiki Beach is halfway between London and Singapore....

They import the sand.

Belgium and the near continent for me this year. Drive to Ashford, on the Eurotunnel and round Northern Europe.

Niiiiiice.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:42 am

Forget this Pru:

Monty - not bad, but not a patch on...

I'm getting to stay in all 3 of the above this summer...though I'm extremely skint now :(

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:51 pm

Fckg hell ... does this guy WANT to be jailed ??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-35832377" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The driver of the bin lorry that crashed in Glasgow in December 2014 killing six people has appeared in court on dangerous driving charges. Harry Clarke, 59, allegedly drove a car dangerously on 20 September 2015 knowing he had had two previous medical incidents.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:04 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Fckg hell ... does this guy WANT to be jailed ??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-35832377" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The driver of the bin lorry that crashed in Glasgow in December 2014 killing six people has appeared in court on dangerous driving charges. Harry Clarke, 59, allegedly drove a car dangerously on 20 September 2015 knowing he had had two previous medical incidents.
He's an utter shithouse. It's a real shame that the private prosecution against him was blocked.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:38 pm

Sometimes items in the News make me laugh my head clean off :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... ooded-home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Sometimes items in the News make me laugh my head clean off :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... ooded-home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is a certain irony...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Sometimes items in the News make me laugh my head clean off :lol:

Brilliant
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:50 pm

This is one of the most bizarre stories I think I've ever read.

The British man found dead at a Spanish airport is thought to have been killed after an argument about food.

Steven Allford, who was homeless, was found bound to a bench with his trousers pulled down near Malaga airport.

Investigators believe that Mr Allford may have been involved in a disagreement about food after he was found with ham on his buttocks.

Some who know Mr Allford have claimed the 51-year-old made several enemies by refusing to share his food with others.

He was found with his genitals in a can of tuna and two slices of ham on his exposed bottom.

Police are currently pursuing the avenue that the food left on Mr Allford was a message from those he had upset.
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:59 pm

That's mental!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:59 pm

Been reading about Bilal Erdogan today. The surname may mean something to most of you.

Jesus H Christ

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:10 am

Bolton News site has been blocked here in the UAE. What the feckity feck have they been 'publishing'? :shock: