Boston Marathon hit by explosions

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Boston Marathon hit by explosions

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:28 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I do love a good conspiracy theory...

http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/?p=11184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some people might wish to be warned about the graphic pictures in the link 8)
Too fxckin right. Bejeezus!
But then he is only acting I suppose. :roll:
Is the guy not right in what he is saying though regarding the guy not bleeding to death?
No, he's not. A couple of pointers here. One is that the femoral artery can be cauterised by the very explosion that rips the muscle from the bone, and although the blood in the lower leg will bleed out it doesn't mean that the rest will drain from the body necessarily.
Secondly, in explosions it is a well documented phenomenon that people can initially survive what are truly horrific 'amputations' due to the very shock factor that quite often kills in lesser accidents. An example was in our own London underground bombings where eyewitnesses have described trying to help a woman who they thought had fallen through a hole in the train floor - it turned out she had lost all of her body below the diaphragm and was 'resting' on her upper body; she survived for some minutes and was conscious for most of that time.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I do love a good conspiracy theory...

http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/?p=11184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some people might wish to be warned about the graphic pictures in the link 8)
Thanks for the warning, Chris. I shan't bother! :wink:
I've seen a lot worse but some people can't stomach a small scratch.

The only graphic picture is a guy with his legs blown off so flesh and bone on show.

Minor flesh wound 8)
:shock:

Just so you know - I cup spiders in my hands and carry them into the back garden.

I'll pass on this occasion. Thanks again. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:37 pm

Conspiracy theorists .... attention seeking wankers .... should be rounded up and shown exactly what happened, first hand.

How the fck do you fake that ? How do you fake the Twin-Towers ? How do you fake the tube & bus explosions in London ?

Oh, yes, you could set up a film scene, but how do you get 1,000's of people to join in the conspiracy, how do you 'disappear' people ... in their hundreds ?

Did I say "wankers" ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:38 pm

I must have real problems - I didn't even flinch when I saw that....
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:39 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Conspiracy theorists .... attention seeking wankers .... should be rounded up and shown exactly what happened, first hand.

How the fck do you fake that ? How do you fake the Twin-Towers ? How do you fake the tube & bus explosions in London ?

Oh, yes, you could set up a film scene, but how do you get 1,000's of people to join in the conspiracy, how do you 'disappear' people ... in their hundreds ?

Did I say "wankers" ?
I think I agree... though I am often interested by the diversion of some of the things that are pointed out.

That third tower going down at the 9/11 site has always puzzled me.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:40 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I must have real problems - I didn't even flinch when I saw that....
That's because you're not real. The American secret service have made you up. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:46 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I must have real problems - I didn't even flinch when I saw that....
There won't just be me that considered immediately your chosen profession upon reading that! ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:52 pm

You eat crayons for god sake! A minor flesh wound would never bother the likes of you :wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:54 pm

ChrisC wrote:
You eat crayons for god sake! A minor flesh wound would never bother the likes of you :wink:
He was probably comparing it to his last rack of lamb, although a bit on the blue side of rare.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:56 pm

thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:The Canadian suspect, Chiheb Esseghaier, does not seem typical to me. A PhD student at INRS he has co-authored half a dozen scientific papers (principal researcher in three). He is on linkedin. Hi field is biochemistry.
In what way is he not typical? The tw+ts at Glasgow Airport were doctors. The only connection necessary is that they are fxckin Muslim.
The Canadian alleged terrorists were actually turned in by a Toronto iman. Indeed I'm fairly confident the vast majority of Canadian Moslems have little sypathy with terrorists.
I'm also fairly confident that the vast majority of Canadian Christians, Atheists, Buddhists, Hindus and Jedi Knightists have little sympathy with terrorists.
I would have to say that is correct. There is also a bit of cynicism over the timing of this arrest from all sectors, well not the conservative sector so much. The biggest condemnation so far though has come from the Muslim community including it's leaders.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:55 pm

seanworth wrote:
thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:The Canadian suspect, Chiheb Esseghaier, does not seem typical to me. A PhD student at INRS he has co-authored half a dozen scientific papers (principal researcher in three). He is on linkedin. Hi field is biochemistry.
In what way is he not typical? The tw+ts at Glasgow Airport were doctors. The only connection necessary is that they are fxckin Muslim.
The Canadian alleged terrorists were actually turned in by a Toronto iman. Indeed I'm fairly confident the vast majority of Canadian Moslems have little sypathy with terrorists.
I'm also fairly confident that the vast majority of Canadian Christians, Atheists, Buddhists, Hindus and Jedi Knightists have little sympathy with terrorists.
I would have to say that is correct. There is also a bit of cynicism over the timing of this arrest from all sectors, well not the conservative sector so much. The biggest condemnation so far though has come from the Muslim community including it's leaders.
Of course you and bish are correct, Sean. I singled out Muslims because Spotty said "The only connection necessary is that they are fxckin Muslim." which I considered a little unfair.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:52 pm

There's a few jeans-wearing Dorrises who'd point out they're all men as well...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.