This weeks RIP's........

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:33 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Come on fellas, at least she got back to Scotty Road after 40 years, even if it was in a box.
Woolton & Aigburth if you don't mind. She wasn't going back up Scotty Road again. Even in her current condition.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:02 pm

The cortege went nowhere near the street she rambled on about for 50 years??!

I studiously avoided it and after noting that Her Maj is 88 and looking rather frail, I've put 599 quid away so I can book a week away the day after she pops off. That's a week of mawkish shite I just couldn't bring myself to go through.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:02 pm

RIP Justin Wilson. British ex-F1 and IndyCar driver.

Such tragic and unfortunate circumstances. Racing in IndyCar on Sunday when another car crashed in front of him and a flying bit of debris struck his helmet. Immediately slipped into a coma before passing today.

The Motorsport community was already hurting after the passing of Jules Bianchi, so there are a lot of very sad people out there.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:52 pm

Wes Craven, aged 76. Horror movie pioneer.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:18 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Wes Craven, aged 76. Horror movie pioneer.
I avoided most of his work but he had a big audience. RIP.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:15 pm

I've reported on here a few funny stories relating to things my Dad's done and said as a result of his dementia. Well, sadly, after a continuous and steady decline, he finally lost his battle and passed away on Sunday.

He was a remarkable person and an inspiration to everyone he met. I've always been immensely proud and privileged to be able to call him "My Dad".
Hope is what keeps us going.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:22 pm

Always hopeful wrote:I've reported on here a few funny stories relating to things my Dad's done and said as a result of his dementia. Well, sadly, after a continuous and steady decline, he finally lost his battle and passed away on Sunday.

He was a remarkable person and an inspiration to everyone he met. I've always been immensely proud and privileged to be able to call him "My Dad".
Sorry for your loss, AH. Sincere condolences.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:33 pm

Always hopeful wrote:I've reported on here a few funny stories relating to things my Dad's done and said as a result of his dementia. Well, sadly, after a continuous and steady decline, he finally lost his battle and passed away on Sunday.

Really sorry to hear that. Sorry for your loss.

My father-in-law passed away on Thursday but to be brutally honest it was a blessed relief after a pretty torrid time of late.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:28 am

Sorry too AH, all the best to you and your family.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:32 am

Words don't help much at times like these. Can only offer condolences.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:45 am

As far as dementia goes, it's a sad thing to see someone you love lose their grip, but as you say there is humour to be found.

My Grandpa spent much of his life at Great Lever and Farnworth Golf Club as Captain, President, and the driving force behind the revamp of the course and the building of the new clubhouse. Much of this time was spent in the bar.
When he started to lose his grip he was a hard man to contain and was hospitalised briefly.... with a view of his beloved golf course from his window.
I walked in and asked how he was, 'I'm fine, but this place isn't what it used to be,' he said pointing at a nurse. 'I just asked that barmaid for a G&T and she bloody well laughed at me.'

RIP your Dad AH.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:15 am

Sorry to hear that AH. RIP AH's Dad :(

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:33 am

Very sorry to hear that AH.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:17 am

My condolences, AH.
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:51 am

Sorry to hear if your news, remember all the good times which will no doubt be far more than the recent upsetting times.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:18 am

so sorry to hear that AH... my dad died when he was quite young - which was tough at the time, but I sometimes console myself with the thought that we never had to watch him deteriorate into old age and infirmity - which he would have hated...

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:44 pm

Thanks for all of your kind and comforting words.

It certainly was sad to see his decline. From a very fit and healthy ex-footballer (he was an integral player in the all conquering Chorley team of the late 50s/early 60s) and self-employed joiner & builder, looking forward to a long and happy retirement, the last 17 years of his life were peppered with a variety of health issues.

On the flip side, at least we were able to take some comfort in being emotionally prepared for his death and to say our goodbyes. Most people don't get that opportunity.
Hope is what keeps us going.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:50 pm

As we've discussed H my absolute sympathies to you and the family and especially your mum.

When my dad died after years & years of illness many well meaning people said "it's probably for the best. ..".

My mum, who was not known for her philosophical thinking said "I wish people would stop saying 'it's for the best', what would have been for the best would for him not to have been so I'll in the first place."
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:34 pm

I'm not sure if anyone will know him, but a relative of mine (I used to call him uncle, but to be honest i'm not sure of the exact relation) dave lambert passed away yesterday. He was in a band called Dirty Tryx back in the day and other stuff i think. Used to see him at family gatherings a lot when younger but sadly hadn't been in contact for a number of years. Just wondered if anyone else knew the guy here as apparently he was quite active around the bolton rock scene. RIP dave.

Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:38 pm

I know two of the members of Dirty Tryx but never saw them play. Your Uncle Dave's had no end of respects paid to him today by those on the local music scene. A superb guy, frontman and singer by all accounts. RIP.
May the bridges I burn light your way