This weeks RIP's........

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by twilight » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:56 pm

OMG...Eddie Davies has died today...RIP :(

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37985
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Shocking news since he was being mentioned in discussions about Bolton's problems only this afternoon. . A true friend and supporter of Bolton Wanderers. But for him, we may well be a supermarket today. R.I.P Mr Davies..God bless.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12676
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:44 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:22 pm
Shocking news since he was being mentioned in discussions about Bolton's problems only this afternoon. . A true friend and supporter of Bolton Wanderers. But for him, we may well be a supermarket today. R.I.P Mr Davies..God bless.
RIP the man who gave us so much pleasure and so many thrills. He was younger than us, Tango, which makes one think. A great Boltonian (if that's a word).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37985
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:44 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:22 pm
Shocking news since he was being mentioned in discussions about Bolton's pro blems only this afternoon. . A true friend and supporter of Bolton Wanderers. But for him, we may well be a supermarket today. R.I.P Mr Davies..God bless.
RIP the man who gave us so much pleasure and so many thrills. He was younger than us, Tango, which makes one think. A great Boltonian (if that's a word).


Aye Monty, many a one younger than me has passed on . My dad only reached 52,. but illness from the War did for him eventually. E.D didn't even look a particularly old man and always appeared healthy. You just never know the day. Condolences to the family he leaves behind. I hope the club do name a stand after him; he fully deserves that.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35436
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:34 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:38 pm
I hope the club do name a stand after him; he fully deserves that.
I did wonder at the time they named the East stand after Nat Lofthouse - why not the (main) West Stand? The only conclusion I've ever mustered is that it'll be one day named after Eddie Davies. Maybe that's something that's been pre-agreed? I've no idea - just a hunch really.
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37985
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:34 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:38 pm
I hope the club do name a stand after him; he fully deserves that.
I did wonder at the time they named the East stand after Nat Lofthouse - why not the (main) West Stand? The only conclusion I've ever mustered is that it'll be one day named after Eddie Davies. Maybe that's something that's been pre-agreed? I've no idea - just a hunch really.
Given the length of time he's been involved with the club and all he's done for it, it makes sense. I really hope you're right.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19779
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Prufrock » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:00 pm

Pete Shelley. Buzzcocks, the listenable face of punk (and I say that as a punk fan!). Sad sad news.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:08 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:00 pm
Pete Shelley. Buzzcocks, the listenable face of punk (and I say that as a punk fan!). Sad sad news.
One of the very few punk bands I never saw. I'm not totally sure, but I don't think they ever played Eric's. ( I shall have to check later). But they were ok. RIP.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by twilight » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:34 pm

I haven't been on the forum for a little while and haven't been to a match in December at all and not paid any attention to any games. I didn't want to post it straight away as a point of respect to her, but my mum passed away on 10th December and the funeral was on the 21st. She was a Bolton fan, because I was and always wished the best for them. So RIP Mum I will miss you so much xxxxx

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37985
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:46 pm

Sad news always when a loved one passes away Twilight and no words can really convey any help. Comisserations to you and your family and I'll say a prayer for your mum. R.I.P.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12676
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:31 pm

twilight wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:34 pm
I haven't been on the forum for a little while and haven't been to a match in December at all and not paid any attention to any games. I didn't want to post it straight away as a point of respect to her, but my mum passed away on 10th December and the funeral was on the 21st. She was a Bolton fan, because I was and always wished the best for them. So RIP Mum I will miss you so much xxxxx
Condolences, twilight.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:16 pm

twilight wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:34 pm
I haven't been on the forum for a little while and haven't been to a match in December at all and not paid any attention to any games. I didn't want to post it straight away as a point of respect to her, but my mum passed away on 10th December and the funeral was on the 21st. She was a Bolton fan, because I was and always wished the best for them. So RIP Mum I will miss you so much xxxxx
Sorry to hear that.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3520
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:26 pm

Really sad news. My condolences, Twilight.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:55 pm

Simon Norton. Just found out he died by reading his obituary in the Times this afternoon - and a very good obituary too (worth a read).
I met him a few times. Latterly through work and with his Foundation. But earlier too, back in the '70s, he was a friend of a friend.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35436
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:35 pm

Danny Kustow, lead guitarist of the Tom Robinson Band. Had an incredibly dynamic style for which, I personally, don't think he ever received the recognition he deserved.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3976
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Enoch » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:35 pm
Danny Kustow, lead guitarist of the Tom Robinson Band. Had an incredibly dynamic style for which, I personally, don't think he ever received the recognition he deserved.

Top band. Never got to see them but 'Martin' remains one of my favourite tracks.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35436
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:23 pm

Enoch wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:44 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:35 pm
Danny Kustow, lead guitarist of the Tom Robinson Band. Had an incredibly dynamic style for which, I personally, don't think he ever received the recognition he deserved.

Top band. Never got to see them but 'Martin' remains one of my favourite tracks.
Indeed. I don't think that Dolphin Taylor ever received his due recognition for his drumming either. My favourite track has to be War Baby.
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37985
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:57 am

Not a celebrity, pop star or even someone known outside family and friends, R.I.P. "W", ex sister-in-law, family member and one of the most truly genuine, decent, human beings I've ever known in my lifetime, passed away this day. My sorrow, respects and prayers are for her and may she rest in peace.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3520
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by malcd1 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:25 pm

Sorry to hear that, TD. My condolences.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35436
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:03 pm

Sorry to learn of your loss, Tango.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest