Spotty's Little Known Facts

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Spotty's Little Known Facts

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:21 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Edinburgh is further West than Liverpool.
And Bristol believe it or not.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:04 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:Edinburgh is further West than Liverpool.
And Bristol believe it or not.
I think Cardiff also.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 pm

And New York.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:59 pm

Montreal isn't.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Montreal isn't.
We are east of Edinburgh, Indiana...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:18 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Montreal isn't.
We are east of Edinburgh, Indiana...
I was referring to the original Montreal, in France, not some johnny-come-lately-Montreal :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:47 pm

Interesting fact:
Spitlers Edge, Anglezarke Moor, Winter Hill way. It seems that " Quote" The name is derived from the fact that in mediaeval times, the Knights Hospitallers of St. John of Jerusalem used this route when travelling to their holdings in this district." Unquote".
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:41 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Interesting fact:
Spitlers Edge, Anglezarke Moor, Winter Hill way. It seems that " Quote" The name is derived from the fact that in mediaeval times, the Knights Hospitallers of St. John of Jerusalem used this route when travelling to their holdings in this district." Unquote".
Actually it is now a well-known fact since you told us about Spitlers Edge on the previous page. :wink:
TANGODANCER wrote:Doing a painting of Spitlers Edge, Anglzarke Moor at the moment but didn't know this interesting fact:

The name is derived from the fact that in mediaeval times, the Knights Hospitallers of St. John of Jerusalem used this route when travelling to their holdings in this district.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:27 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Actually it is now a well-known fact since you told us about Spitlers Edge on the previous page. :wink:
TANGODANCER wrote:Doing a painting of Spitlers Edge, Anglzarke Moor at the moment but didn't know this interesting fact:

The name is derived from the fact that in mediaeval times, the Knights Hospitallers of St. John of Jerusalem used this route when travelling to their holdings in this district.
It is an age thing Monty. I'm sure you know all about it. :wink:
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:37 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
:oops: Sorry. No excuse except senior moment. Have quite a few these days. :oops:

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:24 am

^ I think you're allowed.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:51 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

It is an age thing Monty. I'm sure you know all about it. :wink:
I certainly do, and I have LGM to remind me when I repeat a joke on the joke thread! I just couldn't resist because it was about little known facts.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Former Everton and Leeds player, Duncan McKenzie could wazz a golf ball the full length of the pitch, could jump over a Mini from a standing position, and could stretch his scrotum right the way over his head - And not a lot of people know that!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Former Everton and Leeds player, Duncan McKenzie could wazz a golf ball the full length of the pitch, could jump over a Mini from a standing position, and could stretch his scrotum right the way over his head - And not a lot of people know that!
:lol: :lol:

.... & the ones who DID know the 3rd one tend to keep it quiet !

Tell me. How did you find out ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:58 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Former Everton and Leeds player, Duncan McKenzie could wazz a golf ball the full length of the pitch, could jump over a Mini from a standing position, and could stretch his scrotum right the way over his head - And not a lot of people know that!
:lol: :lol:

.... & the ones who DID know the 3rd one tend to keep it quiet !

Tell me. How did you find out ?
He sounds like the English Bo Jackson (well, apart from the scrotum thing, I don't know whether Bo Jackson could do that).

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:47 pm

I found proof of the golf ball story and the mini jump but was unable to verify the scrotum.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:30 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:

I found proof of the golf ball story and the mini jump but was unable to verify the scrotum.
Well, you should've asked a decent librarian then! ;)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:36 pm

I ain't doing a lookup on the works laptop...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Not far from where I lived for a couple of years back in time, is Britain's highest beach. It is miles away from the seaside. is in fact a secret stretch of sand 780ft above sea level and 60 miles inland above a Yorkshire village. :D

Read more: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... z3trHCPVHE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:09 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Not far from where I lived for a couple of years back in time, is Britain's highest beach. It is miles away from the seaside. is in fact a secret stretch of sand 780ft above sea level and 60 miles inland above a Yorkshire village. :D

Read more: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... z3trHCPVHE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was not aware of that! My experience of Tod is somewhat different, in the 90s I twice did the Hot Toddy 6 mile road race held annually between Chistmas and New Year. Froze the old knackers off running up big hills. I'll leave it this year! You got a hot toddy at the finish line though