The Weather

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Weather

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 am

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Just seen a pedestrian outside our offices picked up by the wind and dumped on her ass :shock: . It's getting a bit blowy out there!

aye - is fine down here - but am hearing loads of endless whining on the radio by people in scotland and the north where it's a bit gusty - and on the East coast where it's a bit blowy and might be a bit floody. bloody southern-biased media.. :roll:
Ah, but, my true acid test of this will be how many Johnny Foreigners ask me about the storms this time?! ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:59 am

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Just seen a pedestrian outside our offices picked up by the wind and dumped on her ass :shock: . It's getting a bit blowy out there!

aye - is fine down here - but am hearing loads of endless whining on the radio by people in scotland and the north where it's a bit gusty - and on the East coast where it's a bit blowy and might be a bit floody. bloody southern-biased media.. :roll:
That's because they're worried that Kent and the Home Counties might get flooded. :P
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:

That's because they're worried that Kent and the Home Counties might get flooded. :P
also note the virile Northern understatement: quote "getting a bit blowy"
as opposed to the southern biased media's STORM OF THE CENTURY last time it hit Lahndan!. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:

as opposed to the southern biased media's STORM OF THE CENTURY last time it hit Lahndan!. :wink:
it was me that said "getting a bit blowy" - merely to ape the forum descriptions of the gale force winds that that hit the south west a couple of moths ago!!

the current BBC headline is:

"LETHAL STORM SPREADS FROM SCOTLAND"

oh.. and just like those southern softies - they have shut down the train services and banned poor office workers from venturing outside for a ciggie!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:36 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:

it was me that said "getting a bit blowy" - merely to ape the forum descriptions of the gale force winds that that hit the south west a couple of moths ago!!

the current BBC headline is:

"LETHAL STORM SPREADS FROM SCOTLAND"

oh.. and just like those southern softies - they have shut down the train services and banned poor office workers from venturing outside for a ciggie!
I said getting a bit blowy. You might have said it too, but it was me using it in a virile Northern understated way...

Tut. Feckin Scottish Softies.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:39 pm

thebish wrote: .... banned poor office workers from venturing outside for a ciggie!
I did that once (frankly, I'd do it permanently but that's another story) on Police advice when there was a large toxic fire about 100 metres away. It continued and we were later asked to manage a full evacuation, so it was pretty bad.

Good grief you'd have thought I was trying to molest their kids.

I was, literally, accused of transgressing their human rights. Oddly, no-one mentioned the 3 or so hours (paid) they all won by being sent home early.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:51 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote: .... banned poor office workers from venturing outside for a ciggie!
I did that once (frankly, I'd do it permanently but that's another story) on Police advice when there was a large toxic fire about 100 metres away. It continued and we were later asked to manage a full evacuation, so it was pretty bad.

I was, literally, accused of transgressing their human rights. Oddly, no-one mentioned the 3 or so hours (paid) they all won by being sent home early.
You can get to feck.

Apparently another building nearby has started to fall to bits as well so we are having a "managed evacuation". Whatever the fook that means.
We can't come in tomorrow either. Dunno why, wasn't listening.
I'll be "working from home" then and won't be sat in a boozer with wifi at all.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:54 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

You can get to feck.

Apparently another building nearby has started to fall to bits as well so we are having a "managed evacuation". Whatever the fook that means.
You work on Deansgate? That was the planned route to my exam tomorrow morning. :evil:

M60 shut at Barton Bridge too, due to an overturned lorry.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:56 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

You can get to feck.

:lol: Those're my favourite sort of working days.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:59 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

You can get to feck.

You work on Deansgate? That was the planned route to my exam tomorrow morning. :evil:

No. I'm in Leeds. Hope trains aren't too bad. There's plenty of boozers mind.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:03 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

You can get to feck.

No. I'm in Leeds. Hope trains aren't too bad. There's plenty of boozers mind.
Ahh right. I'd just read summat similar about Deansgate being shut due to falling debris. Alternative route may not be needed after all.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:04 pm

I hope it's one of the feckin' Markets
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:28 pm

Flying from Manchester tomorrow afternoon, so the wind had better have stopped by then. Weather always has its positives and negatives: On the bright side I don't have to drive to Penrith this afternoon. The downside is that at 67p per mile, one cancelled meeting has cost me a decent night out.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:35 pm

There goes the electric... emergency generator's kicked in. I've got 45 minutes before my servers overheat and the server room gets flooded in CO2. The last time that happened it took four days to get work streams back to normal, bullocks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Tiles come off roof of Waterstones on Deansgate
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Athers wrote:Tiles come off roof of Waterstones on Deansgate
I told you reading was dangerous.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Still got me shorts on down here, and there's a gentle flutter of washing on the line. Oh 'eck, it's blowing up now, a bag has just got caught in my front gate.....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:06 pm

Il Pirate wrote:Still got me shorts on down here, and there's a gentle flutter of washing on the line. Oh 'eck, it's blowing up now, a bag has just got caught in my front gate.....
O'er .... CRISIS !!!

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:19 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:Still got me shorts on down here, and there's a gentle flutter of washing on the line. Oh 'eck, it's blowing up now, a bag has just got caught in my front gate.....
O'er .... CRISIS !!!

It was awful; an Iceland bag. I wouldn't have minded if it came from Waitrose, or even Sainsbury's. I removed it with a long stick.....

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:53 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

You can get to feck.

Yes I found out Barton Bridge was shut when I tried to go over Barton Bridge! Took a very long detour through Trafford Park, Eccles, Worsley Walkden and Farnworth and was only 25 minutes late for my lunch. Reckon I did very well there!