The Weather

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Weather

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:12 pm

I'm hearing reports coming out of Ottawa-shire that the next ice age has arrived there. Freinds were supposed to be flying over but mammoths are blocking the runway...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:32 pm

It is a bit nippy out here, with high winds an ice pellets, about 200 kms from Ottawa. It is a bit colder here but we both have that unpleasant freezing rain. As far as I know the airports are still open though. I didn't know you could fly from Ottawa to Blighty.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:It is a bit nippy out here, with high winds an ice pellets, about 200 kms from Ottawa. It is a bit colder here but we both have that unpleasant freezing rain. As far as I know the airports are still open though. I didn't know you could fly from Ottawa to Blighty.
I think it's more to do with Frano Spotticker's 'friends' making excuses. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:It is a bit nippy out here, with high winds an ice pellets, about 200 kms from Ottawa. It is a bit colder here but we both have that unpleasant freezing rain. As far as I know the airports are still open though. I didn't know you could fly from Ottawa to Blighty.
I think it's more to do with Frano Spotticker's 'friends' making excuses. ;)
Ah, did they hear their e-cigs would not be tolerated?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Hah!
They live in Ottawa... or at least in a village within the environs - when, if, they get here, I'll ask precisely where.
( As to where the Mammoths are, no idea. I'll find that out too and report back.)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Hah!
They live in Ottawa... or at least in a village within the environs - when, if, they get here, I'll ask precisely where.
( As to where the Mammoths are, no idea. I'll find that out too and report back.)
Still I strongly suspect they will have to fly the wrong way to Toronto to get to England and Torontonians have no idea how to handle weather. The last time they had two inches of snow the army was called out.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:46 pm

Slightly different here.

Maxima: Saturday 41ºC; Sunday 38ºC; today (as at 10:45) 30ºC.

http://www.blaxlandweather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:07 am

Dujon wrote:Slightly different here.

Maxima: Saturday 41ºC; Sunday 38ºC; today (as at 10:45) 30ºC.

http://www.blaxlandweather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's you lot sucking the heat out of the northern hemisphere...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:54 am

I am fully aware that such conditions would not be noticed by anyone currently residing in the oop-north land for toughies.. but it's FECKING windy down here in the south west now... seriously resigned to losing all the rest of the roofing panels off my chicken run... :evil:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:04 am

thebish wrote:I am fully aware that such conditions would not be noticed by anyone currently residing in the oop-north land for toughies.. but it's FECKING windy down here in the south west now... seriously resigned to losing all the rest of the roofing panels off my chicken run... :evil:
Are you being a panic-fanny? Man up and lash youself to the top of the chicken run a-la Captain Ahab...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:10 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:I am fully aware that such conditions would not be noticed by anyone currently residing in the oop-north land for toughies.. but it's FECKING windy down here in the south west now... seriously resigned to losing all the rest of the roofing panels off my chicken run... :evil:
Are you being a panic-fanny? Man up and lash youself to the top of the chicken run a-la Captain Ahab...
indeed I am! - cracking good idea - am off out there now! :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:15 am

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
indeed I am! - cracking good idea - am off out there now! :D
The International Union of Weather Forecasters promised me doom and gloom today. I was left with the impression I should have woken up under six feet of water. So far nothing. Not even a squidgeon of doomete. But your report from the bowsprit of SS GB has rekindled my faith int' weathermen... I shall find a suitable spot to go and lash myself down for later.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:42 pm

here you go Bish... (slightly west of you but close by)

BBC reporter Sarah Ransome almost knocked over by strong winds in Plymouth. Stunning imagery almost worthy of a rolling news slot all of its own. :D

Note the flying chips - I mean you can't go to the seaside and not buy chips now can you!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:02 pm

next door's fence has gone in spectacular fashion - two of the panels are up on the bungalow roof wedged by the chimney!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:11 pm

thebish wrote:next door's fence has gone in spectacular fashion - two of the panels are up on the bungalow roof wedged by the chimney!
I like how it's next door's fence, now it needs replacing. :wink:
And why weren't you lashed to the panels in a vain attempt to keep them earthbound? It's like those stormchasers you see on TV in tornado alley, as soon as they get anywhere near one they bugger off to safety - get back out there and rescue your chickens, they don't want to be airbourne, fowlkind needs you!
PS it's still not doing anything here really, at least nothing to rate on the apocalyptic scale. Very boring weather indeed.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:23 pm

i was too busy being lashed to the chicken run roof sheets to be lashed to next door's fence!! he has a large enough missus to have that job covered....

i thought the wind was largely across the south west and south wales - heading east?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:38 pm

thebish wrote:i was too busy being lashed to the chicken run roof sheets to be lashed to next door's fence!! he has a large enough missus to have that job covered....

i thought the wind was largely across the south west and south wales - heading east?
T'weathermen said it'd be all over the country.

But what of the chickens - have they emerged unscathed? do they still have a home?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:39 pm

thebish wrote:next door's fence has gone in spectacular fashion - two of the panels are up on the bungalow roof wedged by the chimney!
I've just tuned into BBC news, they never mentioned it....
Businesswoman of the year.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:i was too busy being lashed to the chicken run roof sheets to be lashed to next door's fence!! he has a large enough missus to have that job covered....

But what of the chickens - have they emerged unscathed? do they still have a home?
they've all gone inside the coop... panic-fannies that they are!! :D

the run would survive the corrugated panels being blown off - it also has a mesh roof... the panels were to keep some semblance of dryness... bloomin' glad i put them on now.. apart from the one that blew off earlier in the year - they are all still there... I think the worst is mostly past now and the wind is headed elsewhere...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:49 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

they've all gone inside the coop... panic-fannies that they are!! :D

the run would survive the corrugated panels being blown off - it also has a mesh roof... the panels were to keep some semblance of dryness... bloomin' glad i put them on now.. apart from the one that blew off earlier in the year - they are all still there... I think the worst is mostly past now and the wind is headed elsewhere...
Chickens are allowed to be panic-fannies because their bird brains are so small once the panic sets in there's no room for anything else. I'm glad they've made it through still homed and dry though.
Eastwards you say... I have just seen a little old lady being propelled along at a fair rate of knots, I reckon it's time to head for my storm cellar (a.k.a pub) soon.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください